How You/Your Team Did Thread

two out of three*

The official thread where you can post about your performance, or teams performance. I felt like this was needed. It can be about anything: house, pick-up, travel, juniors, college, etc..

As for me.. The latest game I played was yesterday, and we won 7-0. We played our own rinks other A team (The owners thought there was enough talent for 2 A teams.) but they were really like a B team. I had a wrister from the point, and it went in, it was the second goal.

Our "SCAHA" website is this: http://www.sportability.com/spx/Leagues/League.asp?LgID=6956 but it wont be updated till tomorrow. We're the Mariners(1).

Last edited by a moderator:

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
Yesterday I reffed in my local associations annual novice tournament. I had the minor championship, the major consolation and the minor championship.

In the major consulation, a team was down 7-0 with about 14 minutes left in the third. They came back to make it 7-5 with about 4 minutes to go. They hit the cross-bar and had a few go *just* wide in those last minutes before the other team finally got an empty netter. Watching little kids that play well is more fun than anything else.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I had a game like that last year. We were down 7-0 going into the third, and then after I scored one in the first minute, we scored 4 goals in like two minutes, and then I got another one with 5 minutes remaining. In the final two minutes, I just hit the post, and they shot 'er down into the empty net.

Keetz

Sep 14, 2004
Little Falls
sunday. 8 guys showed up against the other teams 14. we played 3-D and rotated the others on forwards. We still won out of sheer hustle and Defence what a blast! Against last seasons champs too! 7-2

Zetterberg4Captain*

My team so far is 2-4-0. Im a first year bantam and in those 6 games I have played 2 games in net and in the games I have'nt played net I scored 5 goals and 1 assist.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
We lost last night 4-2 to one of our bigger rivals. They're affiliated with a AA team, though, so half of their roster is AA players. Oh yeah, we also had a first year Bantam goalie(we're Midget) in for the first period, where he let it two goals.

We're 2-1-1 in regular season play, and we have two exibition wins, for a total record of 4-1-1. In those 6 games, I have 1 goal and 8 assists as a rookie, to lead all rookies in scoring, and I'm probably between 4th and 6th in total team scoring. What I don't get is how I'm still stuck on the third line. I have more points than anyone on the second line, and I play much less each game. Also, to boot, my coach gave us a speech last night on how he thinks assists should be worth 2 points each. So according to his system, I'd have 17 points, which would make me at least 4th in scoring, but I should stay on the third line. Kinda Pejorative Slured if you ask me.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
I am playing Midget A and our team is pretty strong. We won 7-2 today and I scored 2 goals and a assist. One of my goal was a little beauty, deked the goalie to the right and shotted to the left top corner, I was pretty proud. First goal was easy; a shot between the goalie pads, who made the stop, but the puck somehow trickled in. I'm a 1st year Midget (you play in this category 3 years) and for the moment, I've got 5 goals and 4 assists in 8 games. Probably best rookie on the team but I'm not sure.

two out of three*

We lost to the 2nd to last place team in the league. Our coach hasn't really taught us anything. (I'm not blaming it on him.) But all we do is go out there, and "wing it." We lost pretty big too 6-3. I had a shot from the point that I didn't get all of, but it went in. It was too little to late as that only made it 6-2. We're now tied for the last playoff spot, but the Valencia Express have more goals then us, so we are out of the playoffs, if they started today. And we have the Express in our next league game. Big game.

canadahockeygirl*

I played my first game as a RW on Sunday. Other than not knowing my left from my right while in the middle of the play, I got off a few shots (I'm still learning how to shoot so none went in yet-- had I known how to lift a puck with a bunch of people on me I would have been golden), set up effective screens on the goalie (she was maybe 5'4" in skates and I'm 5'9" out of skates), checked a few girls into the boards without getting called, and drew a few penalties. Granted one was for being crosschecked to the back of my head, but my mouth was running the whole game and got the other team gunning for me by the end of the first. One girl said she'd wait for me out in the parking lot after the game. It was awesome.

As a side note, I played in net later on that night and my legs felt like jelly from the earlier game... I run about 3-5 miles a day, so it's not like I'm lazy. Maybe I'm just not used to it just yet. But I have no idea how people can play more than one game a day as a forward if you're skating hard the entire time.

two out of three*

My team played in a tournament in El Segundo where the Kings practice, and it wasn't a good showing. We won once against a bad team, tied a B team, (were SUPPOSED to be a good A team) and got crushed by 2 good teams (8-2, and 5-1.)

badtakemachine

Dec 20, 2002
13 games into the season...right now I have exactly 800 shots against and 720 saves.... :help:

I think we need some D..

LordHelmet

May 19, 2004
Twin Cities
My league is all mixed - we've got former NCCA, Minor League, and Junior A players out there with complete newbies..

My team had lots of mid range guys, and we got killed. we were 1-13-1 and got beat 6-0 in our playoff game last night..

I'm 27 and have been playing for three years now, and I had a good session individually. 3 goals, 4 assists splitting time between Wing and Defense..

That's a huge improvement for me. In last year's first session I had 0G and 0A playing D and in the 2nd session I had 2G (empty netters) and 0A... Scoring 3 even strength goals and getting a few A's was a huge improvement for me. I was 5th on my team in scoring out of 15 players..

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
The Gators are 10-4 in our Rec league, tied for top spot in our division. Goaltending has been questionable but getting better.

On the blueline myself, I was 1-2-3 scoring into the empty net for the 5-3 win in our last outing.

Next game....Saturday night....(Odd, I still feel ten years old when I have a game coming up. :) )

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
Yesterday I had a game and we won 5-4 after a comeback from 4-1 led by yours truly. :) I had a goal to make it 4-2, then drew a penalty, which led to another goal, and then I made a beautiful pass to make it 4-4. Then with about 4:00 left, we got a goal to make it 5-4 and held on to the lead the rest of the game. We only had 8 players yesterday and two got hurt, so I played about 20:00 in a 30:00 game.

I have played defense for nearly the whole season, and when I played forward for the first time this year a few weeks ago I put up a goal and an assist, but then went back to defense, which I've only played once in my life before this game. And by once I mean one/two shifts, so I suck at defense, but am a decent defensive-forward. We only had 8 players yesterday and two got hurt, so I played about 20:00 in a 30:00 game. I've told the coach that I suck at D, but am good at forward, and yesterday should have proved it.

I have another game today at 2:30, which is about an hour and a half away right now (It's 1:00). I'll let you guys know how we do. :)

lux_interior

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
I play in an adult league in Pasadena. I'm the captain of the "Blue" team. Last season we went 7-3-4, (first place in reg. season out of 5 teams) and lost in the Championship game by one goal, despite missing our best player, and one of our better players. This season, we're struggling a little more...we are 4-4-0-1 and in 4th place out of 6 teams.

Last Sunday we won...I think it was 8-5 final. Played our best game of the season.

Me personally, last season I finished 4th in the league in scoring. This season, in 8 games I have a grand total of 0 goals and 2 assists. :eek: I place the blame on playing the majority of the season on defense.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Won 6-4 last night in the rec league set up by my university. The other team had 8 skaters, we had 7, so needless to say the beer was refreshing after the game. :joker:

1 goal, 1 assist.

Papadice

Apr 29, 2003
Moncton, NB, Canada
www.myfhl.net
I play in a senior league in Moncton, NB... We played our last regular season game Monday night and won 3-0 (i'm the goaltender), but despite it being a good team we played, it was one of my easier shutouts as our team really shut them down... We finished 2nd in the league behind a team that hasn't lost yet this year (we tied them twice and got thumped twice)... Playoffs start Sunday...

Pensfan86

Mar 18, 2002
Steel City(Pittsburgh)
Visit site
our team just got bounced from the penguin cup (pittsburgh high school hockey) playdowns...first round exit...

basically, our team came in ranked top 8, although i got all league honors, i and our goalie are the only ones who really showed up for us...we finished 10-15-1, and in 14th place (16 teams get into the playoffs). we played the #3 seed who started 0-2 (had half their team suspended for something) and has won their last 24 games...basically they outshot us 50-4 and won 5-0...the games are 15 minute periods and i was on the ice for the first 28 minutes...i played an additional 10 the rest of the game...it wasa good effort, we just were unlucky to draw that team

PatrickRoy33

Feb 27, 2002
Largo, Florida
Visit site
Local beer league....

Finished 8-3-2....

My record: 8-2-2 3.37 GAA .901 SA%

Playoffs:

Semi-Final: 4-3 SO Win

My stats: 28 Shots 25 Saves (4-4 in OT) (5-5 in SO)

Finals: 9-4 Win

My stats: 31 Shots 27 Saves

Zetterberg4Captain*

My team came in 4th out of 7 teams our record was 11-14-5. I was our second leading scorer with 30 goals and 35 assists. I just got our playoff schedule and I see that we will most likely make the City Championships if we can win our first game against the Flyers (who have beat us) and we beat them 10-2 last game!We will still most likely lose in the City championships though to the Raiders who were 30-0-0 and had 60 less goals then the next team. There GF is 238 and GA is 48 so there tough.

Zetterberg4Captain*

Pensfan86 said:
basically they outshot us 50-4 and won 5-0...the games are 15 minute periods and i was on the ice for the first 28 minutes...

Man you team must be good because you scored more goals then you had shots! Also its kind of hard to believe you played the first 28 minutes of a game. :shakehead

two out of three*

AG said:
Man you team must be good because you scored more goals then you had shots! Also its kind of hard to believe you played the first 28 minutes of a game. :shakehead

They could've put one in themselves...

Also HUGE week-end coming up for me in my travel hockey league:

We are 1 point in the playoffs in 8th seed. 2 Games this weekend, and my team plays two tough teams, as well as the 9th seed. Its gonna be HUGE.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->