How would you rank these d-men (2004)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
For those in the know, how would you rank these d-men for the draft (not how you think they'll go, but how you'd take them). They sound like a pretty good group to me, and I was wondering about your opinions.

Richard Demen-Willaume
Johan Fransson
Mike Green
Oscar Hedman
Sami Lepisto
Kirill Lyamin
Andrej Meszaros
A.J. Thelen

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Mike Green - extremely underated by people on this board
A.J. Thelen - Good size and skills would have to opt. into the draft though
Sami Lepisto - Great WJC but not really kicking butt in the fin league.(overager)
Andrej Meszaros
Johan Fransson

<- not ranked -> I don't know anything about these guy,s
Richard Demen-Willaume
Oscar Hedman
Kirill Lyamin

WesternEliteHockeyPr

Mar 5, 2003
Visit site
Mike Green should easily be rated the highest amongst these dmen. He has 33 points in 42 games on the CHL's worst team. He has nobody to set up and is the teams captain at the age of 18. He has become one of the hardest hitters in the league now and is very calm and composed defensively. Should be drafted somewhere between 12-20 overall....Certain will be taken in the 1st round nonetheless.

Kev88

Co-Founder of LaPasserelle
Nov 30, 2003
Canada
www.lapasserellehockey.com
WHL Follower said:
Mike Green should easily be rated the highest amongst these dmen. He has 33 points in 42 games on the CHL's worst team. He has nobody to set up and is the teams captain at the age of 18. He has become one of the hardest hitters in the league now and is very calm and composed defensively. Should be drafted somewhere between 12-20 overall....Certain will be taken in the 1st round nonetheless.

I agree, He has a precious value! :yo:

I think Johan Fransson should be a good 2nd round pick, he's great offensively.
Sami Lepisto is a question mark, but he seems to be good too offensively.
And Andrej Meszaros is one of the most offensive d-men of the draft, I think, he's a suberb passer.

Lefty

Mar 1, 2002
Saskatoon
www.myspace.com
TKLOOCH22 said:
I like the "sound" of Mike Green as well, as over here in East U.S. we get zero canadian junior coverage.

Could he be comparable to Dion Phaneuf?

I'm not sure how well the comparison stands as of now but he has been compared to a young Nick Schultz. He's a good all around player, and doesn't really have any big holes in his game. He is leading the Saskatoon Blades (WHL) in scoring and is currently the anchor and captin of the youngest group of D in the league. I think he is underrated by many on this board.

leafaholix*

Oscar Hedman seems to be playing great in the Elite League over in Sweden. It looks like he's going to be the #1 Swedish eligible prospect by June, and Johan Fransson may drop to #2.

Only seen Fransson once, haven't seen Hedman or Demen-Willaume.

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
TKLOOCH22 said:
I like the "sound" of Mike Green as well, as over here in East U.S. we get zero canadian junior coverage.

Could he be comparable to Dion Phaneuf?

He reminds me of a young Scott Niedermayer as much as anyone right now. He's got a real offensive potential but it's hard to tell exactly how good he is because he play's for such a low scoring team. Also I'd say that clearing the front of the crease isn't a real strong point in his game unlike Phaneuf.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
1. Cam Barker
2. Wes O'Neill
3. Ladislav Smid
4. Mark Fistric
5. Mike Green
6. Johan Fransson
7. Richard Demén-Willaume
8. A.J. Thelen
9. Kirill Lyamin
10. Oscar Hedman
11. Andrej Meszaros
12. Jeff Shultz
13. Sami Lepisto

Dundalis

Dec 28, 2003
Duff88 said:
1. Cam Barker
2. Wes O'Neill
3. Ladislav Smid
4. Mark Fistric
5. Mike Green
6. Johan Fransson
7. Richard Demén-Willaume
8. A.J. Thelen
9. Kirill Lyamin
10. Oscar Hedman
11. Andrej Meszaros
12. Jeff Shultz
13. Sami Lepisto

Meszaros is the third best there, no doubt about it. His defensive game is underrated, and offensively is the best on the list. I believe something like a faster, more physical Sergei Zubov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->