News Article: How Winnipeg's new top line of Perreault-Little-Ehlers became a dominant trio (paywall)

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Interesting piece from Murat at The Athletic (quoted material amounts to well under 10% of the article):

How Winnipeg's new top line of Perreault-Little-Ehlers...

Since losing Mark Scheifele to injury on December 27, the Winnipeg Jets have the NHL's second-best record.
That Winnipeg is 11-2-3 in 16 games without its No. 1 centre is a testament to many factors. Goaltending, special teams, and puck luck have all played a role but, to me, the biggest reason for Winnipeg’s success has been the play of its new top line.

[...]
In Winnipeg’s 16 games since Scheifele’s injury, Bryan Little, Nikolaj Ehlers, and Mathieu Perreault have dominated possession at even strength, earning 60.7 per cent of the shot attempts, 64.3 per cent of high danger scoring chances, and 62.7 per cent of expected goals. Without Scheifele, these three players (and not Blake Wheeler) have led Jets forwards in even strength ice time per game (Wheeler is fourth.) They've also split tough minutes with Adam Lowry's line (when it was healthy) and, while doing so, have the highest relative Corsi of any line the Jets have iced all season long.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Some discussion already about this article in the underlying metrics thread if you're interested

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Whoops -- thanks for the heads up and sorry for the repost. Feel free to delete, mods.

No worries, nothing wrong with a thread on this. Just pointing it out if you or anyone else is interested in the other discussion

:thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->