How to tank a season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiLLY

Mar 3, 2002
Josh,

Why do you need to read an article on takinking it??? You pracitically revoltionized it two years ago.

Actually Billy, I didn't exactly tank my team...it was already terrible when i got it. I think my top 2 players of any note were Ray Ferraro (was was on his last legs) and Felix Potvin (Not exactly a stud) and my next best player was something like a 69 or 70.

I dealt Potvin and Ferraro, but both Doug and myself (who finished with the #2 pick that year, and only about 4 points ahead of me after taking over a 2nd terrible team) would have been better than at least 2 or 3 teams going around now. The thing was, the lower teams were just much stronger back then. And it's not like I didn't bring in any talent...Snow, Shields and Scatchard come to mind. Not great names sure, but I didn't have any 66OV rule to abide by back then and I still did it.

Or is it just sour grapes over the fact that I managed to flip Hannan and the #5 pick in the draft for Rick Nash, Fedor Tjutin and A 2004 1st...Which actually had nothing to do with tanking anything ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad