How teh cba will look based on unfounded rumours and inuendo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Well as a overcrazed and obviously undersexed hockey fan i have absolutly scoured the net for the last 2 weeks and this is how the new CBA seems to be forming up. please correct me if i am wrong. I would say eklund is my biggest "source" so please refrain from the casual " your full of crap" posts please.

The deal will break down like this:

there will be a $40 million dollar soft cap with a dollar for dollar tax. A hard cap will kick in at 50 million including tax money so esentially a $45 million cap. Each team will be able to nominate one franchise player to be except from the hard cap.

The UFA age will be lowered to 28 years old

The players 24% roll back is part of the deal.

The rookie cap will be as the players proposed with an exceptional play bonus available for huge number rookies. so $850k plus 850k in bonus with an unnamed amount of bonus for exception numbers(my guess is 30 goals and 65 points)

there will be arbitration but only once per career with teasm able to take a player to arbitration once a year.

the team will have to qualify players at 100% of current salary

the money taken in from the luxery tax will be split among the lower income teams.

I haven't heard if there is any idea for getting teams under the cap for this season but i am sure there will be a heavy amount of transactions begining as sson as the deal is anounced.

I want you to understand this is not the actual deal just tidbit i have heard from various site and blogs such as eklunds. I understand you want sources but i have none to if all you want to post is complaints take it somewhere else please.

My question to you is if this was the deal we ended with how does this affect you team and what will your team have to do to work withint this system?

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
Chayos1 said:
My question to you is if this was the deal we ended with how does this affect you team and what will your team have to do to work withint this system?

The Red Wings would have about $43 million in payroll. Taking out Lidstrom as the franchise, they go down to about $36. They have to sign Datsyuk, probably around $3-4 million, so they're in great shape. Might even be able to re-sign Schneider.

SENSible1*

hockeytown9321 said:
The Red Wings would have about $43 million in payroll. Taking out Lidstrom as the franchise, they go down to about $36. They have to sign Datsyuk, probably around $3-4 million, so they're in great shape. Might even be able to re-sign Schneider.

And that, in and of itself, should tell you how realistic this scenario is.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
hockeytown9321 said:

is that 43 mil # with or without @$$ clown Captain Crosscheck Chelios?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->