How sick will Team Russia be in 4 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z-Diddy

Mar 20, 2004
Uh... Brooklyn!
The shear thought of just the combination of Zherdev, Kovalchuk, Ovechkin makes me drool uncontrolably. Looks like the good ol red curtain should be dominate with some development. Any thoughts on the remaining lines?

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
I'd be concerned about their netminders. Khabibulin is the only top Russian goalie in the NHL right now. I'm drawing a blank when thinking about the younger Russian goalies...perhaps someone else can pick up where I'm leaving off.

Z-Diddy

Mar 20, 2004
Uh... Brooklyn!
Ensane said:
I'd be concerned about their netminders. Khabibulin is the only top Russian goalie in the NHL right now. I'm drawing a blank when thinking about the younger Russian goalies...perhaps someone else can pick up where I'm leaving off.

I would say that Nabokov has been looking pretty sexy of late

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
Z-Diddy said:
I would say that Nabokov has been looking pretty sexy of late
Nabokov can't ever play for Russia in international competition. He tried to sneak in for the 2002 games, but they ruled that because he has already competed for Kazakzstan that he is not eligible for team Russia.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
they have no real young physical players outside of Babchuk.. I think they'd get roughed up pretty bad by Canada or USA

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
They could play with an empty net and it wouldn't matter they will score score score....I suggest they paint hot-dogs on the puck and through Medvedev in net...he would never let one of those get by.

Just joking, I really hope he turns out to be a great goalie, seems to have the potential.

Unbiased Canadian

canucks666

Mar 13, 2004
Vancouver
Unbiased Canadian said:
They could play with an empty net and it wouldn't matter they will score score score....I suggest they paint hot-dogs on the puck and through Medvedev in net...he would never let one of those get by.

Just joking, I really hope he turns out to be a great goalie, seems to have the potential.

Unbiased Canadian

that was the plan in 2002. Just score score score. Except you know what happened? They couldn't score.

Yeah zherdev, ovechkin and kovalchuk could all be in teh top 10 in scoring in the NHL in a few years. BUt you don't win with offense. You win with defense. And like kmad said russia has a horrendous shortage of good young physical defensemen.

and goaltending? whoaaa. khabby is already up there. Who do we got besides him? That bryzgalov guy in teh anaheim system but he could still turn out to be a bust you never know.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Team Russia=New York Rangers of most of the past decade. Look where "all offense", no defense, and erratic goaltending got the Blueshirts..........

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Douggy said:
What about Danny Markov and Anton Volchenkov?? Aren't they physical enough??

Yeah, but where are they on the NHL depth charts? 4th or 5th. When Fetisov is the standard by which Russian D-men are compared to, they are found to be lacking.

TheFranchise83

Jan 9, 2004
Saskatoon
Visit site
Think of how good Canada will be too though in 5 years with Heatley, Nash, Thornton, Lecalvier, they also have very solid goaltending in Luongo but I think the wildcard could be Crosby, he could be the one centering Heatley and Nash.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Danny Markov is a pretty good dman, Anton Volchenkov too. But they aren't #1 defenseman at all. Maybe Markov could be a great #3 in the Olympics and Volchenkov a #5-6. I think that in 4 years, Andrei Markov will be a star in the league. He could be your #1...but I think that Team Canada will be stronger than Team Russia.

Last edited:

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Very good ! watch out for the bad russians :yo: :lol:

And dont forget MALKIN and Vasyunov ! and and and :banana:

Last edited:

BAuldie

Apr 5, 2004
Nanaimo, B.C.
I don't see them being any different from any other russian team.. Bure, Fedorov, Mogilny, Yashin and so on.. Its very unlikely they all turn out to be better than those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad