How Sick an AO/Malkin Line Would Be

Status
Not open for further replies.

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
The Russians have split them up to have more than one good scoring line. But could you imagine these two on the same line. AO is a sniper and Malkin is playmaker. Those two would feed off of each other. Look at what Malkin did when Radulov was promoted to give him a scorer.

I dont know if they ever have, but have AO and Malkin ever played on the same line for an entire game?

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I think that the separation is a pretty good idea. AO can carry a team and Malkin can make his team mates better. Russia could have a Beliveau/Richard type of deal going on. What I can't stand is that they've been separated on the PP. :banghead:

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
#66 said:
I think that the separation is a pretty good idea. AO can carry a team and Malkin can make his team mates better. Russia could have a Beliveau/Richard type of deal going on. What I can't stand is that they've been separated on the PP. :banghead:

Yea, I dont understand why they would not get any time together on the PP?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
They played together at the U18's.

From a Russian standpoint I can see why they separate them. Now, why they weren't out on the powerplay together is anyone's guess.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
pittengineer said:
Yea, I dont understand why they would not get any time together on the PP?

Yea, they definitely should be together on the power-play, but even-strength I can understand. When and if they play Canada, they would be wise to split them up because the pairing of Weber and Phaneuf can contain them IMO.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
It is rumoured that the two guys don't get along too well...intense competition through the years etc. So there is a reason not to put them on the same line, or even in a special team. What a pity though...

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
Boucicaut said:
It is rumoured that the two guys don't get along too well...intense competition through the years etc. So there is a reason not to put them on the same line, or even in a special team. What a pity though...

Hmm....should be a pefect fit with them goin to Was/Pit then.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Boucicaut said:
They're great friends. They even hugged after Ovechkin was picked 1st overall at the draft.

As I said, it wasn't more than a year and a half ago that they played on the same line at the U18's.

No offense, but take your half-cocked speculations elsewhere.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Jacobv2 said:
They're great friends. They even hugged after Ovechkin was picked 1st overall at the draft.

As I said, it wasn't more than a year and a half ago that they played on the same line at the U18's.

No offense, but take your half-cocked speculations elsewhere.

No offense, but I won't. I think it is perfectly legitimate to discuss hockey rumours on a hockey discussion board. You may of course refute what others say, but that is all you can do...other than swallowing a chill pill and getting of your high horse.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Okay, I stand corrected. They apparently get along well. See what you just did? You successfully proved a rumour false. Thanks for that.

Jacobv2 said:
I just wish you'd stop lying.

And just for the record: I did not make up anything. Why on earth would I lie about something like that? Did I call you a liar just because you had a differing opinion/information/rumour? Oh,please...

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
I don't think Bergeron has anywhere near the skill that AO/Malkin has.. he seems like a solid 2nd line center though.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Jacobv2 said:
Anything to belittle Ovechkin is Crosby's gain, eh?
You're an ******* too and now try to cover your mistake, you called the guy a liar around 5 times for just saying his opinion which is shared by experts! and is a bit of a known fact that Ovechkin and Malkin don't work well together on the same line, no where was Crosby involved and you know it.
He knew what he was talking about, you didn't, yet had the guts to call him a liar over and over, good thing he still kept defending himself and you kept being worse about it, and now predenting you misunderstood the whole thing.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
littleHossa said:
You're an ******* too and now try to cover your mistake, you called the guy a liar around 5 times for just saying his opinion which is shared by experts! and is a bit of a known fact that Ovechkin and Malkin don't work well together on the same line, no where was Crosby involved and you know it.
He knew what he was talking about, you didn't, yet had the guts to call him a liar over and over, good thing he still kept defending himself and you kept being worse about it, and now predenting you misunderstood the whole thing.

Legalized marijuana would solve so many problems.

Roholte

Jun 17, 2004
Denmark
I know I haven't been here that long, but... Post of the Year.

:bow:

And why hasn't anyone mentioned the Crosby-Bergeron pairing?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
It's a known fact that they were two thirds of a deadly line in the U18's, 4 nations, and various other international tournaments. It's a known fact they hung out together leading up to the draft. It's a known fact they are close friends. It's a known fact Malkin congratulated Ovechkin when he was picked 1st overall with a hug and a handshake.

You're right though. It's a known fact that they simply do not get along. :dunno:

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
cassius said:
I don't think Bergeron has anywhere near the skill that AO/Malkin has.. he seems like a solid 2nd line center though.

His upside is not as good as Ovechkin, Malkin and Crosby but right now he is the best under 20 player in the world in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad