How Should OLN Open its telecasts

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
I've noticed OLN doing a lot of different ways of opening telecasts of games. Sometimes it'll be Emrick/Beninati with a monologue, then preview of the game with Emrick/Beninati and the analyst, then to the studio, then to the game.

Other times, they've gone without the studio, other times, the studio has opened the telecast with Clement doing a monologue.

Tonight, Emrick did a monologue, then they went to commercial, then they started the telecast.

What do you think works best.

I think...

PBP Monologue
PBP/Analyst Preview
Interviews
Studio
Start Game

Goallum

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
So far, the most enjoyable parts of pre-game were the bits showing the atmosphere in the rink and around it. Show more of the pre-game in the arena, the home team introductions, etc., to give us more of a feel of what it feels like at the arena. The less of the announcers (and zero studio, if possible) and the more of unpasteurized feed from the rink, the better.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
KingFan24 said:
So far, the most enjoyable parts of pre-game were the bits showing the atmosphere in the rink and around it. Show more of the pre-game in the arena, the home team introductions, etc., to give us more of a feel of what it feels like at the arena. The less of the announcers (and zero studio, if possible) and the more of unpasteurized feed from the rink, the better.

I agree. I prefer CBC, they show the anthems.

RayLeeCharles

Aug 31, 2005
WaSt
As an opening Id like to see...

-As the broadcast starts, a montage of either the series or previous playoff games if its Game 1 of the series to the tone of songs people recognize that fit each series or teams style, not the OLN theme with voice overs. Much like the highlight videos you see on the net these days. At the end of the montage flash the NHL/Stanley Cup playoffs logo.
-Right after show the crowds atmosphere..signs, cheering that kinda stuff
-At the same time, showing the players come onto the ice with cameras positioned in the tunnels
-Then go to the broadcast team who setup the matchup going over key things for each team.
-As the puck is about to be dropped show the crowd again, and fade into the puck being dropped

sbutler66

Feb 25, 2004
show the crowd in the darkened arena, players coming out, anthems, cut to commercial, puck drop. ala CBC. perfect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->