How many would support an NHLPA league ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

barnburner

Apr 23, 2004
After the total disregard for both the fans and the future of the game by the NHLPA, I wouldn't walk across the street to watch them if it were free.
I will however pay to watch their replacements in the nhl arenas.

StarsPensFan

Mar 13, 2004
Cowtown, Texas
Brewleaguer said:
A direct competitor in hockey, major league that is.

The fan base is small enough, as it is, to be spread across two leagues.

I just don't see it happening.

At least in my case, I can't switch loyalties that quickly. And I can't afford to spend $$ on two separate hockey seasons.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
barnburner said:
After the total disregard for both the fans and the future of the game by the NHLPA, I wouldn't walk across the street to watch them if it were free.

Just remember that if/when they solve this. Oh and what if some of the replacements are scabs from the NHLPA? You'd certainly find yourself in a pickle now wouldn't you?

NHLFanSince2020

What'd He Say?
Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
CarlRacki said:
The NHL competes with those leagues the way Keystone competes with Budweiser and Miller.
The NHL's competitors right now are:
Poker
Arena Football
WNBA
Professional Bowling
Billiards
Oh S!
Good point!
:lol

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
barnburner said:

and will you be wearing your Joe Sakic or Steve Yzerman replica Jersey to support these replacements ??..

Do you lose site of the reason you go to NHL Hockey is the first place ??

Do you guys have favourite Hockey players or are you going to see if you can get a glimpse of your favourite Owner at the Arena ..

Why go see replacements just stop by your local Arena's across the street and catch some Friday night Beer league teams .. Some of those guys might even be wearing your teams jerseys if you are lucky ..

Really nothing different then replacements just that to go to the NHL Arena's it will cost you more money and you get to sit in comfy seats ..

This is all tough talk and when you have to spend your money we sone will see if when you spend it , its to watch Forsberg or UPS Driver ??

myrocketsgotcracked

StarsPensFan said:
The fan base is small enough, as it is, to be spread across two leagues.

I just don't see it happening.

At least in my case, I can't switch loyalties that quickly. And I can't afford to spend $$ on two separate hockey seasons.
same for me, i cant just start cheering for the nhlpa's version of the canucks so soon. maybe if the nhl dont play hockey for 2 yrs then i might have to start watching the nhlpa league. but if the nhl is playing and the canucks are playing, i'll find it hard not to watch and cheer for them.
what i like to see is when the contract runs out for a tkachuk/yashin/holik etc runs out and hold out for $9M/year and demand a trade, i wonder what their owners (the nhlpa players) will do. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->