How many of ya here play goalie as well as another position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangersMoogle

Oct 25, 2005
Ohio
www.tehinter.net
Curiosity, and boredom are goading me to ask this question.

I have a full set of goalie gear (really low end gear, the set cost me about $250USD, it works, can't complain), but I primarily play D. I've taken up goalie duties in two games. I had a .800 SV% one game, 4 goals, 16 saves. Second time was terrible, I wasn't feelin' it, that was a bad day.

That aside, I recently started to play goalie in my driveway again. Round up a few mates, have them play 2-on-1s, 1-on-2s, and 3-on-0s. Practice for them, some goalie practice, excercise, and time on my skates for me. Good fun.

Anyone else play goalie second to another person (or the other way around)?

Crossroads*

When I was 8 years old, I played a season as a defenseman in houseleague. After that, I decided to be a goaltender and haven't left the path yet and never will;).

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Last year I played every position at some point. I was in goal twice, played D half the time [whichever side], and played forward the other half. It kept things fresh, to say the least.

toroytorero

Sep 20, 2005
I started playing hockey as a goalie. signed up for a league that didn't need anymore goalies and I haven't gone back. I enjoy the ice time you get as a goalie but I really have more fun skating

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
Sock said:
Curiosity, and boredom are goading me to ask this question.

I have a full set of goalie gear (really low end gear, the set cost me about $250USD, it works, can't complain), but I primarily play D. I've taken up goalie duties in two games. I had a .800 SV% one game, 4 goals, 16 saves. Second time was terrible, I wasn't feelin' it, that was a bad day.

That aside, I recently started to play goalie in my driveway again. Round up a few mates, have them play 2-on-1s, 1-on-2s, and 3-on-0s. Practice for them, some goalie practice, excercise, and time on my skates for me. Good fun.

Anyone else play goalie second to another person (or the other way around)?

Play goalie in an 'A' men's league that has several former pros as well as major junior, Div I college and other junior-B, tier-2 level guys in it as well. I have my ups and downs at that level- I'm not the worst, but am clearly a middle-of-the-road player who needs to be on a good team to enjoy real success.

But I play right wing in a 'B' league- lesser skilled group, but I'm a pretty successful scorer at that level, finishing second overall last year in the league's scoring race (actually it was during the 2003-04 season- as I spent the majority of last season in Iraq).

Thinking of moving up to play forward at the 'A' level. Problem has been a lack of goalies, but if we get any more into the league, I may make the switch, so I can be challenged more by playing against much better competition as a forward.

Mackee

Oct 9, 2003
Montreal
Count me in as a dual position guy.

Usually play in net on ice, but I play in net and on defense in ball hockey.

Philly Flyer Fan*

Goalie and left wing here! I play goalie in ball hockey and LW in shinny.

I am very talented! :D

Hence.........1/2 MAN, 1/2 AMAZING ;)

RSBPC

Jan 19, 2005
Goalie here...I'll skate out once or twice a year at a practice...would never consider doing it in a game though, I'd get killed out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad