How Many NHLPA Agents Will Be Decertified After Todays Meeting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Jan 31, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
I think you'll see about 3 or 4 agents get the gas pipe from the PA after todays meeting. I'd love to be a fly on the wall of that meeting ! You know there was screaming for sure cause these guys are bleeding to death and laying folks off left and right.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Chuck Shick said:
I think you'll see about 3 or 4 agents get the gas pipe from the PA after todays meeting. I'd love to be a fly on the wall of that meeting ! You know there was screaming for sure cause these guys are bleeding to death and laying folks off left and right.

I doubt Colonel Klink does anything that blatant. I'll bet the agents are asking the hard questions the players wouldn't be brave enough to ask, wouldn't be smart enough to think off and wouldn't be trained enough to followup on.

mytor4*

don't know about agents but i would bet that the players huddeled in a corner like little loss sheep and didn't say a word.thats why they came out of there meeting so uniffied.if some had the balls to rock the boat it wouldn't be long before the boat toppeled over.

chara

Mar 31, 2004
I highly doubt that most of them will say a peep...Oh, they'll voice that they're poorer this year but they, like the sheep they manage, are absolutely terrified of Goodenow.

AlexGodynyuk

Feb 3, 2005
I'm not really on either side, I think both sides are being very dumb, but why is everyone so convinced that "the players are about to crack"?
People on here have been saying it since the lockout started, if there was all this dissension among the ranks of the NHLPA, it would have happened by now. Maybe they are really as committed as they say they are.
There's no way a fractured PA would have let the season go down the drain no matter how much power Goodenow has over them (and to say they're terrified of Goodenow is absolutely ridiculous). There would have been a huge uproar when the season was cancelled, instead there was next to nothing.

Tinordi24*

alexmorrison said:
I'm not really on either side, I think both sides are being very dumb, but why is everyone so convinced that "the players are about to crack"?
People on here have been saying it since the lockout started, if there was all this dissension among the ranks of the NHLPA, it would have happened by now. Maybe they are really as committed as they say they are.
There's no way a fractured PA would have let the season go down the drain no matter how much power Goodenow has over them (and to say they're terrified of Goodenow is absolutely ridiculous). There would have been a huge uproar when the season was cancelled, instead there was next to nothing.

Just even more proof of how scared they are of Goodenow!

Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Jan 31, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
While Goodenow wouldn't name the agents he's most miffed at, he did note that they were not on hand yesterday.

Goodenow said the agents had "done damage" to the process by going behind the NHLPA's back to speak with owners and players when negotiations were in the 11th hour and the season was about to be cancelled.

Say goodbye to the agents that Bob is miffed at can you say decertification ...

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
me2 said:
I doubt Colonel Klink does anything that blatant. I'll bet the agents are asking the hard questions the players wouldn't be brave enough to ask, wouldn't be smart enough to think off and wouldn't be trained enough to followup on.

:dunno:

In one thread you're bashing agents and what you do and here you CLEARLY state what purpose they serve:
"brave enough to ask, wouldn't be smart enough to think of and wouldn't be trained enough to follow-up"

If the players aren't brave enough, smart enough, or trained in follow-up, the majority would do terrible in contract negotiations. Imagine salary arbitrations!

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Schlep Rock said:
:dunno:

In one thread you're bashing agents and what you do and here you

Bashing agents? No. Question whether they are worth all of the money, yes. Not feeling sorry for them, true. Plenty of agents do non-hockey work to fill in their spare time.

IMHO many players would be much better off paying the agents by the hour. But its their money.

CLEARLY state what purpose they serve:
"brave enough to ask, wouldn't be smart enough to think of and wouldn't be trained enough to follow-up"

Then again Goodenow could decertify the ones he doesn't like getting attitude from or just perhaps direct players away from them. I think I overestimated their resolve/ability. They couldn't even get Goodenow to talk "his plan". Goodenow is treating the agents like mushrooms and they aren't complaining.

I hope for the players' sakes the NHL allows gets rid of the NHLPA certified agent restriction in the next CBA.

If the players aren't brave enough, smart enough, or trained in follow-up, the majority would do terrible in contract negotiations. Imagine salary arbitrations!

They could pay them by the hour. 10 hours at $2000 is $20000. Much cheaper than that a 3 year deal at 3% of $1.5m/y ($135K). Its not my money so the players can spend it however they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad