How long have you been a hockey Fan?

JWINK19

southern Devils fan
Dec 31, 2005
Wilmington, NC
I'm closing in on 35 years. My earliest memories are watching the Hawks (with Bobby Hull) when visiting relatives in Chicago, and going to the first Islanders game in franchise history.

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
Since February, 14, 1999 Valentines Day when the New York Rangers lost the Detroit Red Wings at MSG on the NHL ON Fox when I was nine

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Since I can remember, and I'm almost 20 now. At 3 I got on the ice for the first time, and just knew I'd always play and love the game of hockey. When I went to my first NHL game (Islanders vs Flyers sometime in late 80's) I just felt it.

Falloooooon

Nov 11, 2004
Since 1991, when I went with my dad and his friend to the Sharks first ever game. Like, the preseason. First time they ever took the ice. Against Vancouver. I have a picture of Craig Coxe getting slammed into the glass right in front of me. Diehard since.

My dad got into it when the Seals were around here and was VERY excited to be getting a team.

bictron

Jul 31, 2005
Tracy, CA
As long as I can remember as well. The earliest memory I have is when Gretzky scored his many goals in Edmonton. I can't remember what year it was, but my Dad was a Gretzky/Oilers fan, and his friends used to be Islanders fans, so there was a lot of tension in that room.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Oh I don't know... Since birth!! :eek:

My mom and dad say that they used too take me to games when I was a kid, like 3-4 years old. But the first real memories from hockey is from around 1993 when Sweden won the Olympics and before Alfredsson left Sweden too play in the NHL. So I was about six years old back then and been a hockey fan ever since.

My dad used too take me with him to see the games, I loved it and he teached me about the game. I also started playing but it didn't last for long since I had more then 3 other sports at the time.

Wetcoaster

I was playing Pee Wee and was a Toronto Maple Leafs fan like my father. My mother was with the enemy - she was a Habs fan.

Tim Horton was my favourite player (I played defense) but I switched to centre three years later and adopted Davy Keon and his #14.

I stayed a Leafs fan until Prince Hal with the prematurely orange hair (Harold Ballard - the original Dr. Evil to the uninitiated) drove me away - the trades of Lanny MacDonald and Darryl Sittler were the final nails in the coffin.

Forever27

Aug 20, 2005
Well, like most people my age in Vancouver, I got into the Canucks in 94 (I was 8) but I didn't start being a real hockey fan until 2000/2001, due to the Canucks long period of suckiness and the whole Messier debacle.

Ogopogo*

I have been a hockey fan all my life - I am 34 years old. My earliest hockey memories are these (all on TV):

A puck took Dryden's mask off and the mask landed in the net, he continued to play like nothing happened. I was young, I thought that was very cool.

Gilles Gilbert made a kick save against the Canadiens and the puck vanished. After a few moments, Gilles realized that the puck was stuck in his skate, jammed between the boot and the blade.

Watching HNIC when Montreal beat up the Washington Capitals 10-3.

I also remember lining up all of my hockey cards of the teams that were playing each night on HNIC.

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
My earliest hockey memory is the '88 Cup Final. I don't remember the game at all, but I do remember after they awarded the Cup to Wayne and the Oilers, they showed the scoreboard at Northlands. On the scoreboard screen they had a little animated 4th Stanley Cup being added to the other 3. I was 4 years old at the time, being 4 and a huge Gretzky fan, when he was traded I became a Kings fan. People are always amazed I can quote the date I became a Kings fan, August 9, 1988.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad