How is Malkin doing for Russia?

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Has anyone seen him play? How is he doing, is he getting alot of ice time. I would imagine he would be doing great in front of his fellow countrymen.

havent seen russia yet, but i guess he gets a lot of ice-time. he stats are 1+0 in 3 games.

sivert

Apr 5, 2007
Kazan
He seems to be our worst centre through first 3 games despite having a lot of ice time, but it's not hard to explain. Changing time zones and cold

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Malkin looked like he had slowed the last month of the season. I think that how much hockey he played this past couple of years (WJC's, RSL, Olympics, NHL) and him being used to the shorter year of the RSL - not to mention did not know the language, new team mates, leaving in the middle of the night and that whole soap opera. Now a cold. It is no surprise he has slowed some.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Malkin looked like he had slowed the last month of the season. I think that how much hockey he played this past couple of years (WJC's, RSL, Olympics, NHL) and him being used to the shorter year of the RSL

Well, if you think of it, for RSL best players the year is not much shorter: a regular Malkin RSL year is 60 regular games + most of the PO's + WJC/U18 + WC. Probably more games than what he played for the Pens this year.

I think it's more of a jetleg+cold that we are seeing.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Well, if you think of it, for RSL best players the year is not much shorter: a regular Malkin RSL year is 60 regular games + most of the PO's + WJC/U18 + WC. Probably more games than what he played for the Pens this year.

I think it's more of a jetleg+cold that we are seeing.

More like he has never played in a physical league like the NHL till this year and its worn him down over the season............really not much question about it........its fine he was a rookie and not used to it yet.........he will be ready and better prepared for it next season.

swisdan

Feb 18, 2005
earth
qube.cpacon.com
Malkin was the weakest link in his line ( Kovalchuk - Malkin - Frolov) in today's game againts Italy. And, yes, Kovalchuk is playing awesome right now.

Yes for sure, Kovalchuk plays very well at this worldchampionship.

I'm disappointing about Ovechkin, it's possible it's not the kind of player Bykov likes a lot. Bykov want a team playing together. And Ove plays perhaps too alone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->