How good of a prospect were YOU ??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
How good of a hockey prospect were YOU yourself ??!!

A bad one.

What type of a hockey player were you ? Highest level you played hockey at ?

I am a pest/enforcer(speed, agitating, fighting(LOTS of fighting)) and play all positions(I even played a game as the goalie in High School). The highest level I played was College (for Meramac Community College(in Missouri)). I got a LOT of PIM's and very few points. I was the oddball among the Leagues enforcers because I was about 3 inches shorter and 20-30 lbs. lighter than most of my competition(I'm 5'11" 190lbs.).

Got any hockey stats on yourself ? Hockey career highlights ?
Stats for the last season I played:
25 GP(out of a 27 game season, I got suspended for the last 2 games and the PO's for excessive fighting majors) 2 goals, 3 assists, 82 PIMS, +8.

Most memorable highlight: In High school I got into a fight with an opposing player and "accidentally" punched out the ref when he came in to break up the fight(it was supossed to be a no-hitting/checking game).

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
I was a smallish 2-way hardworking center, "good at the little things", good vision, very good positonally but had real trouble burying the puck (mediocre shot- and the goalies knew it) and not too great in the corners. I was listed by a WHL team for a few years (back when they had lists). Played with several players who made careers out of hockey.

Played on a well-known minor hockey team (bantam, midget), then on to Jr. A (Tier 2) in Western Canada for 2 years. Quit to get an education as no NCAA scholarship offers came through- only talk.

I'm still a late round longshot IMO though- even at 40. :D

gretzky1545

Jun 8, 2004
yeah, ive also skated very few times. Hockey isn't exactly popular in Houston. I wouldn't mind trying hockey out, even though its a late start at 19.

eddy

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
I'm currently still playing, i've played with guys that have gone on to play in the Q and many who have gone on to play Junior A, myself if i kept it up after high school could play probly play Junior B.

TOGLIATTI

Apr 23, 2004
MI
---------------------------------------------------------------

Not too bad.

I was always a skater. That was my best asset. I had a pretty good shot too. My first year I played scrimmage hockey, then I skiped a few levels and played AA travel my second year. I played till I was about 15. Both me and my brother were pretty good. He won the State Championship in for Midget AA. Would like to have played longer but it was too expensive.

My highlight is once scoreing two goals in one shift....about 16 seconds apart.

pucks1

Apr 23, 2004
Maverick said:

I was pretty good, but never really got far enough to show it.

What type of a hockey player were you ?

Two-way defenseman...Good skater, moved the puck well...Responsible defensively, but with the ability to join the rush and play on the PP or PK.

Highest level you played hockey at ?

Drafted to the OHL (45th overall (3rd round) to the Kitchener Rangers). Would have played for sure, but got a serious concussion in camp and had to quit hockey when I was 16 due to post-concussion syndrome (still experiencing symptoms!).

The most amazing moment in my hockey career was easily having Bobby Orr come to my house to ask me if he could represent me as my agent. He was somewhat of an idol to me as a kid, although I'm not old enough to have seen him play live. After the OHL draft, I received a gift from Bobby...an autographed Bruins jersey with #4 and ORR on the back...I think that was pretty f****** awesome myself.

Great thread BTW!

Cheers!

-Mav
Dam man ... sorry to hear that.. i can relate (concussion ).
Being from Fla i started late at age 14 playing roller hockey. But i move along quickly, jump to highschool icehockey then to an independent jr C team that played d3 teams. I was a star, then when i went up north for tryouts i realize i wasnt SH*T. But after a summer of busting my a** in Jr A tryouts, i got signed by the Syracuse crunch (OHA) as aTuff guy and became a player. It was an awsome team with a lot of character guys like Robbie Schremp, Tyler Schremp, Matt Affurey.. i didnt end up getting that many games though due to a back injury. But it was an awsome experience. But at 6'5 240, i had alot of fights under my belt(a few i got on tape) Still get offers from echl but i make more money at my job.

Type of player:
Hard hitting, Gritty stay home Dfenceman with a heavy shot that wouldnt hesitate to drop the gloves for his teammates.

Last edited:

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
HOW GOOD OF A PROSPECT WERE YOU:
I never started playing till I was 8 , so i was behind all the kids.... but my athleticism allowed to me catch up and I was playing rep by Peewee.... I played AAA in bantam and never got drafted to the OHL.... I started drinking and partying alot and doing well in school.. so in Midget I went to Junior B with the Amherstview Jets... I was a physical defenceman even at age 16 i was 5"11 220.... wasn;t terribly good offensively..... ok i guess.. hard shot ... i fought alot in my three years of Junior B.... has 199 PIMS in 30 games one year lol.... thats about it.. then i went to school
WHAT TYPE OF PLAYER WERE YOU?
I was a Two way Defenceman.... wasn't gonna blaze by you.. but I played smart did my job and rushed the puck and headmaned it when needed i suppose..
HIGHEST LEVEL
JUnior B .. a couple games of Junior A at age 18...

GREATEST MOMENT
Going to the provincials for school hockey, winning the league title several times..
Prospects Ive played with : Jay McClement (was dominant), Chris Clayton, Nate Robinson
Prospects Ive played against : Derek Roy (amazing), Martin St Pierre, Brenden Bell, Brad Horan, Stephen Weiss, Eric Himmelfarb. Steve Eminger, tons more I probably just didnt kno at the time when I was younger

Best season Junior C
GP 30 G 5 A 18 PTS 23 PIM 199 lol :mad:

CH Wizard

Fire Sather said:
right now i am the best 14 year old prospect out there, they are saying #1 in 2007 if all goes well.

*WAKES UP*

:D :D

Joke aside I am playing in the best league in Bantam ,I am 14 and if I continue to put stat like that and continue to be a offensive threat like that (I am a very complete player) so I wll go high in the draft I am don't kidding or exagerating.

The player I can be compared in the NHl is Vincent Lecavalier but with more skills a la Kovalchuk my wrist shot is dangerous ask Kerberos. :) :D

pucks1

Apr 23, 2004
thegreatone said:
Joke aside I am playing in the best league in Bantam ,I am 14 and if I continue to put stat like that and continue to be a offensive threat like that (I am a very complete player) so I wll go high in the draft I am don't kidding or exagerating.

The player I can be compared in the NHl is Vincent Lecavalier but with more skills a la Kovalchuk my wrist shot is dangerous ask Kerberos. :) :D
DAmmm send me a singed stick!!!! :lol

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
How good of a hockey prospect were YOU yourself ??!!A Red Wing scout thought that I had a good chance to make the pros, but I never found that out until a couple of years ago(age 25-26). A guy on my team had an uncle that scouted for the Wings and this guy was told to check out this one player, by my buddies dad. He said that the player he went to see had lots of potential, but I had more. That other player was Jeff O'Neill. I probably would have at least played OHL if I kept up with it, but I had no heart. I had and still have a lot of natural talent. I was told by a guy who's best friend played in Germany that I could be playing there.

What type of a hockey player were you ?
I was a playmaker, who could shoot really well. I wasn't the fastest skater or toughest player, but I new where everybody was. I had really good hands. Lemieux style.

Highest level you played hockey at ?

I quit when I was 14. Played AAA, and a few games at Junior C, but I was only about 5' tall then.
Got any hockey stats on yourself ?
15 goals in one game, 14 goals in one game right after that. Kicked out of league.
Probably at least 25-30 -10 point games.
League MVP's, game MVP's well over 100 trophies and probably 50-60 medals.

Hockey career highlights ?
First time I ever played .....until present.

Habsfool

Jun 11, 2003
Québec
Visit site
Last year in junior A i played the role of a goon
i was skating pretty fast and giving a lot of bodycheck
but i wasnt enough eavy too be a real good goon in a upper level

DatsyukOwnzU

Jun 18, 2003
Visit site
Well, I currently play high school hockey so I would say I'm not much of a prospect... though i want to play D-1 College eventually...whichever route leads me there.

I guess you could say I am a power/goal scoring forward... I dont hit too much though (main problem that I'm working on). The highest level of hockey i've played at is AAA/High School.

Hockey stats... Last year high school season as a sophomore I had 20 Goals and 41 points in 24 games with 8 PIM and a +28... Career Highlight: Going to States in PeeWee and scoring 4 goals in the Semi-finals as a Defensemen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->