how good of a goalie is leighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
will he be chicago's no.1. what kind of potential does he have compared to other young goalies like blackburn, dipietro, etc. not so much prospects any more but guys already starting to play in the nhl

JSmith81x

Your weapon is guilt
Dec 20, 2002
Visit site
RDriesen16 said:
will he be chicago's no.1. what kind of potential does he have compared to other young goalies like blackburn, dipietro, etc. not so much prospects any more but guys already starting to play in the nhl
I don't think he'll be a #1 goalie -- more like a really good backup or a co-starter, if the team's other goalie isn't good enough either ... at worst, he's a wandering AHL starter for the next 10 years.

bsenskmolson

May 6, 2005
I believe Leighton could possibly be a #1 goalie in the NHL, definitely at least a backup in the NHL......

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
FLYLine4LIFE said:
How about Al Montoya for Cam Barker? ;) There is your starting goalie in the future.

Montoya's stock has dropped significantly since the draft where he wasnt even that close behind Barker. I hope you are joking.

Gardebut30

Jun 8, 2004
theBob said:
Montoya's stock has dropped significantly since the draft where he wasnt even that close behind Barker. I hope you are joking.

I think that's why he included the "wink". I think, and hope, that Crawford is our #1 in the future. Leighton, and Anderson, are very capable netminders, but have much to prove to be starters. They both had the chance to take the reigns in Chicago when Thibault went down. Neither had great numbers, and neither had a great defense in front of them, but inconsistancy is a flaw with each I feel.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
His confidence was definitely hurt by playing behind such a poor defense last year. Hopefully he can get more consistant and become a starter, but I just see him as a good back up in the future.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
theBob said:

Even though it was a joke, Montoya's stock hasn't dropped at all. HHe had a bad season, but there is generally no concern. I think he and Crawford have the same potential.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
I hope Leighton does well. Back when he played Juniors in Windsor he was in my buddy's hockey pool... he finished in 3rd last place outta like 40 people though.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Really though, Montoya's stock hasn't dropped. It would be a dumb trade even before their seasons started because Barker is the no. 3 defensive prospect.

Gardebut30

Jun 8, 2004
BobMarleyNYR said:
Even though it was a joke, Montoya's stock hasn't dropped at all. HHe had a bad season, but there is generally no concern. I think he and Crawford have the same potential.

Agree. Montoya is fine. Wouldn't mind having him in my team's group of prospects. One mediocre season, if that, does not spell doom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->