How far will Olesz drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
On all of these mock drafts, he's been #5-7 and as a panther fan, I would LOVE to have him at #7 but realistically I think he will go #4 or #5. I know he has a history of injuries and had stats that weren't great (1 g, 11 assists), but remember Michalek and his stats and see how in his short span, he played.

Basically the top of the order is

Ovechkin
Malkin
Barker
Schremp
Wolski
Ladd
Olesz
Tukonen
O'Neil

which is what has been on several mock drafts. I hope he drops, but how far?

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
As a Ranger fan...

PanthersRule said:
On all of these mock drafts, he's been #5-7 and as a panther fan, I would LOVE to have him at #7 but realistically I think he will go #4 or #5. I know he has a history of injuries and had stats that weren't great (1 g, 11 assists), but remember Michalek and his stats and see how in his short span, he played.

Basically the top of the order is

Ovechkin
Malkin
Barker
Schremp
Wolski
Ladd
Olesz
Tukonen
O'Neil

which is what has been on several mock drafts. I hope he drops, but how far?

I would doubt he drops past the Rangers.

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
TOP 5.

1. Washington Capitals: Alexander Ovechkin

2.Pittsburgh Penguins: Evgeny Malkin

3. Chicago Blackhawks: Rostislav Olesz

4. Columbus Blue Jackets: Cam Barker

5. Phoenix Coyotes: Lauri Tukonen

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
If hes on the table at #5, the yotes will take him in a hearbeat.

Everything depends on what Chicago does, if they take anyone other than Olesz or Barker, things are on track...

DR. Holiday

I can't see him sliding past 5th and I have a feeling he'll end up going 4th to columbus unless they surprise and take Ladd which I think may happen.

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
stranger things have happened.. olesz is not exactly a lock like malkin and ovechkin are as far as draft position goes.. with that said its basically going against logic to predict he will drop but the possibility is certainly there

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
For both CHI and CBJ, the top 3 are O, Malkin and Barker. If CHI picks Barker, MacLean may trade the pick and I would bet good money that Dudley would put in an offer.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
DR. Holiday said:
I can't see him sliding past 5th and I have a feeling he'll end up going 4th to columbus unless they surprise and take Ladd which I think may happen.

Everyone is picking Rostislav Olesz to go within the top 5, but i think he will be dropping to the 6th spot. Olesz seems like somewhat of a Michalek where alot of people last year had him listed as a top 5 pick and he ended up slipping down to San Jose at 6th

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Kryoptix said:
IMO olesz is easily the best talent after Ovechkin, Malkin !!
he was fabulous at the WJC, he's big and fast too.. :banana:

Yeah, but he skates with is head down and when you skate like that it doesn't matter how big you are! Just ask Dion Phaneuf!!!!!! :gman:

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
I seriously doubt Chicago takes Barker...

It could happen.... but let's put it this way. The chance of Chicago taking Barker, are about as good as Malkin dropping to 3rd.

-fullmetalninja

Jyssy

Jan 2, 2004
Jyväskylä, Finland
IFK said:
TOP 5.

1. Washington Capitals: Alexander Ovechkin

2.Pittsburgh Penguins: Evgeny Malkin

3. Chicago Blackhawks: Rostislav Olesz

4. Columbus Blue Jackets: Cam Barker

5. Phoenix Coyotes: Lauri Tukonen

It would be really stupid to draft Tukonen in fifth place, he is not that good. Maybe 10-15 is more realistic.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
IDK Tukonens all around game has blossomed this year....Thats reaching at #5 but hey I've seen stranger things happen at draft day.

I still think all signs point to Chicago for Olesz....If Chicago took Barker then who would Columbus take you think?
he will end up in chicago or columbus !

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Washington will definitely take Ovechkin.
Pittsburgh will definitely take Malkin.
Barker will go to Columbus, if not Chicago. The other team will likely take Olesz, but if they are concerned with his injury, they could take someone like Schremp, Wolski, Tukonen, Radulov, Thelen, etc. If that happens, Olesz won't drop past Phoenix.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
X-SHARKIE said:
IDK Tukonens all around game has blossomed this year....Thats reaching at #5 but hey I've seen stranger things happen at draft day.

I still think all signs point to Chicago for Olesz....If Chicago took Barker then who would Columbus take you think?

I'm a frequent listener to Doug MacLean's radio show. He's been very mum on Olesz. He's typically an easy person to read if you listen to him enough. He has said they'd explore trading down a few spots. Plus, the team doesn't have a 2nd rounder, which I think could easily be acquired in a trade down.
For now, my prediction would be:

Trade with Florida, move to 7, pick up a 2nd rounder and draft one of: Thelen (my pick), Ladd or Radulov (both of whom he's talked about a few times).

Rattrick

Oct 31, 2002
Orlando, FL
www.rattrick.com
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe said:
I'm a frequent listener to Doug MacLean's radio show. He's been very mum on Olesz. He's typically an easy person to read if you listen to him enough. He has said they'd explore trading down a few spots. Plus, the team doesn't have a 2nd rounder, which I think could easily be acquired in a trade down.

Trade with Florida, move to 7, pick up a 2nd rounder and draft one of: Thelen (my pick), Ladd or Radulov (both of whom he's talked about a few times).

Done deal if Olesz is still available :)

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
My take:

1. Washington Capitals - Alexander Ovechkin
2. Pittsburgh Penguins - Evgeny Malkin
3. Chicago Blackhawks - Rostislav Olesz
4. Columbus Blue Jackets - Cam Barker
5. Phoenix Coyotes - Rob Schremp
6. New York Rangers - Andrew Ladd
7. Florida Panthers - Lauri Tukonen
8. Carolina Hurricanes - Marek Schwarz
9. Anaheim Mighty Ducks - A.J. Thelen

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Well...

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe said:

considering that the Rangers have an abundance of 2nd round picks, a swap of #1's plus one of the many 2nds the Rangers have would make a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad