How far has Angelo Esposito's stock fallen?

Alouette_19

Jul 21, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
golleafsgo_17 said:
lets see what Angelo does next year with out Radulov on his line

When he help Quebec win the under-18 I think Radulov wasn't on his line :D

I don't see Esposito's stock falling same thing for next year. Of course, there's a lot of time between now and the 2007 Draft and everything can happen like injury but we are talking of a top 3 overall pick........

BlueJays

Dec 12, 2005
Quebec won the U-17 championship indeed, however Esposito was really a non-factor in that game or in the other games. And as for him being sick, the night that he left the arena early to "rest" (the game they didn't want to win vs. team U.S. A. to bump Ontario out of playoff contention) he was observed in the hotel lobby drinking coffee and chatting with some people. It sure didn't appear that he was very sick at all.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
BlueJays said:
Quebec won the U-17 championship indeed, however Esposito was really a non-factor in that game or in the other games. And as for him being sick, the night that he left the arena early to "rest" (the game they didn't want to win vs. team U.S. A. to bump Ontario out of playoff contention) he was observed in the hotel lobby drinking coffee and chatting with some people. It sure didn't appear that he was very sick at all.
He was really sick he also missed like 15 games after his comeback from the tournament and Patrick Roy was pissed that the U-17 coach played him !

kostybros

Oct 28, 2005
Qc city
He missed a week after his return, not 15 games.

You have to consider that Esposito comes from a high school program(st-mary's) where they play 24 games(I think) in the year and this year he played about 100 games so that's a big difference. he's been sick that didn't help him because he lost 10 pounds and he's already thin. at 16(17now) years old and 6'1, i guess next year he'll be more around 180 or 185 so he'll be more prepared to play a full season.

YES , he is still considered a no.1 pick overall untill someone is better

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
scoutman1 said:
Yeah Backlund is amazing, if there is anyone out there who can take the 1st overall away from Esposito it will be Backlund easy. This guy is the best Swedish prospect since Peter Forsberg.
As much as I like Espo, Backlund is my 1st pick for now. That being said Esposito has been nothing but impressive. IMO he's the player that people want Phil Kessel to be.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I think that for the most part espo went from a 20 games players to 100 games players, witch is a very deep change for anyone. Performing 1 or 2 twice per week is not the same as 3 games per week+more weeks.

Started Strong, got tired, he learned the drills. One more year of training/maturing and he has everything to become a real powerhouse. What strikes in espo is how efficient he can be with the skates, even if he will have to improve the 0%-50% speed acceleration.(To get the "jump" required.)

Newer saw backlund /shame.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
golleafsgo_17 said:
lets see what Angelo does next year with out Radulov on his line

For the start of the Memorial Cup, they were on seperate lines and it didn't seem to work for either player. A key part to Quebec's win was Roy sticking Esposito and Radulov on the same line for the last few games.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
perezhogy said:
He missed a week after his return, not 15 games.

You have to consider that Esposito comes from a high school program(st-mary's) where they play 24 games(I think) in the year and this year he played about 100 games so that's a big difference. he's been sick that didn't help him because he lost 10 pounds and he's already thin. at 16(17now) years old and 6'1, i guess next year he'll be more around 180 or 185 so he'll be more prepared to play a full season.

YES , he is still considered a no.1 pick overall untill someone is better

I'm pretty sure he played something like 65-70 games with Shattuck.

espo*

I think he's in a great position now.He does'nt have to deal with being the guy everybodys looking at as the top guy for the draft going into next season.It'll allow him to relax and his stock will probably go back up next year with a great year.

sniperfan

Mar 27, 2006
in terms of style of play,who would you compare him to in the nhl? is he comparable to martin havlat?

Bryzga lol*

I can't wait to see him play next year without Radulov. I'm pretty sure he can stay as the number 1 overall pick with a solid 100 point season.

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
sniperfan said:
in terms of style of play,who would you compare him to in the nhl? is he comparable to martin havlat?

Espo uses his speed more than stickhandling.

He looks like Lafontaine on the ice but it's too soon to know if he have such upside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad