How does Semin look?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
And played unbelievably. I love this guy. Hopefully he can start converting on that wrister. If he can, we're scoring a LOT of goals this year.

I must have been in PNC arena and seen a different game then. Semin definitely had some moments and made a few nice plays, but for a lot of the game he looked downright scared and afraid to engage and treated the puck like a hot potato. There's no way I'd say he played unbelievable, or even well for that matter tonight.

I do like Semin and have liked what I've seen to date, but I did not like the way he played tonight for a good part of the game.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I must have been in PNC arena and seen a different game then. Semin definitely had some moments and made a few nice plays, but for a lot of the game he looked downright scared and afraid to engage and treated the puck like a hot potato. There's no way I'd say he played unbelievable, or even well for that matter tonight.

I do like Semin and have liked what I've seen to date, but I did not like the way he played tonight for a good part of the game.

Thought the same. He was tentative bringing it across the blue line and it resulted in a few turnovers. He didn't play poorly, but it wasn't unbelievable either.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hmm, seriously disagree. I thought he created chances all night, moved the puck well on the PP, and that one move on Chara was the silliest I've seen Chara look in his entire career. I can remember three distinct times where he carried the puck into the zone with confidence and purpose and created a scoring chance all three times. Plus his pass to Staal was pretty sweet.

I was watching on a grainy stream though, I didn't get as good a feel for the game as I'd have liked...

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Hmm, seriously disagree. I thought he created chances all night, moved the puck well on the PP, and that one move on Chara was the silliest I've seen Chara look in his entire career. I can remember three distinct times where he carried the puck into the zone with confidence and purpose and created a scoring chance all three times. Plus his pass to Staal was pretty sweet.

I was watching on a grainy stream though, I didn't get as good a feel for the game as I'd have liked...

As I said, he had moments where he did that, but he had many more moments where he was definitely timid and doing exactly what WTF said. The fans around me also commented on it so I wasn't alone in that assessment, it was very obvious live and you could also see in his play away from the puck.

I think the "sexy" skill plays he does are great and that's what tends to stick in peoples mind, but trust me, he did not play unbelievable last night and had a lot of instances where he was very tentative in the neutral zone and either made a bad pass or turned it over. He had many more of those plays than plays where he confidently carried it into the zone.

Also, not to take anything away from the move he made on Chara, but I have to say the move Whitney made on Chara a few years ago made him look the silliest I've seen.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
As I said, he had moments where he did that, but he had many more moments where he was definitely timid and doing exactly what WTF said. The fans around me also commented on it so I wasn't alone in that assessment, it was very obvious live and you could also see in his play away from the puck.

I think the "sexy" skill plays he does are great and that's what tends to stick in peoples mind, but trust me, he did not play unbelievable last night and had a lot of instances where he was very tentative in the neutral zone and either made a bad pass or turned it over. He had many more of those plays than plays where he confidently carried it into the zone.

Also, not to take anything away from the move he made on Chara, but I have to say the move Whitney made on Chara a few years ago made him look the silliest I've seen.

Fair enough.

Still, a +3 in a 5-3 loss is damn impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad