How does Andrew Ladd stack up vs. Steve Bernier

Status
Not open for further replies.

FacelessButcher

Sep 20, 2003
Edmonton
How does Andrew Ladd stack up vs. Steve Bernier?

Both power forwards Bernier went 16th overall in a particularly strong draft year and Ladd is slated for somewhere around 9-10th overall this year by the sounds of it. So what are your impressions on who will be better overall? offensively? defensively? safer pick to suceed? higher potential? and personal weaknesses/strengths? (You don't have to answer all the questions of course, just a basic guideline for what I would like to find out)

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Ladd I would say is more likely to play in the NHL, but Bernier's potential is much, much higher. Bernier could be a big time scorer in any league he plays in - NHL/AHL/whatever.

2 sweet

Apr 3, 2002
Visit site
Mizral said:
Ladd I would say is more likely to play in the NHL, but Bernier's potential is much, much higher. Bernier could be a big time scorer in any league he plays in - NHL/AHL/whatever.

with bernier size, he's a safe bet to become at least a third liner as far as i'm concern

Last edited:

Campino

Jul 26, 2002
Visit site
Bernier hands down
Nothing against Ladd beacause he is a solid hockey player. But Bernier has everything to becomes the NHL's next power forward. The only probably with him this time last year was his conditioning and some of his defensive game. But he worked real hard over the summer. He is now in the best shape of his life. This season people have been putting him down because of his lack of scoring. Well if anyone watched him play they would realize all he did was develop his all around game. Plus goal scoring was down in the league this year with only 2 players reaching 100 points plus, usually in the Q you have atleast 15 players with 100 +pts. He's like a man playing against kids out there. His game has really developed into and NHL level. He also among league leaders in plus/minus rating and given hits.

X-SHARKIE

Steve Berniers game has really taken a turn for the better this year. Campino said it .... His all around game has improved leaps and bounds.

Bernier had two 1st star of the game awards in the sweep for Moncton...He had a hatrick, he had 5 goals and 2 assist. He's been awesome in the playoffs going by stats and what I hear from people who have seen the game.

Ladd is very good, but his upside isn't all that big... He's ready to step in now....and could be a solid contributer. He has an amazing work ethic, and effort in his game....I like Ladd alot as well.

Hitman*

Ladd will be a 3rd line guy. Get you 50 points maybe, but that's how his game will transfer to the NHL. Will definitely make it, but won't be a superstar. Bernier has that potential IMO. He's a goalscorer, Ladd isn't.

Daniel_Tkaczuk

May 4, 2003
Downtown Halifax
Visit site
Hitman said:
Ladd will be a 3rd line guy. Get you 50 points maybe, but that's how his game will transfer to the NHL. Will definitely make it, but won't be a superstar. Bernier has that potential IMO. He's a goalscorer, Ladd isn't.

Bernier can do it all, save the acceleration problem with his skating... but he makes up for it other ways. He's a big and talented guy and I can't place him outside the NHL at all.

In all fairness I haven't seen Ladd play. But this is my analysis for Bernier for all it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->