How do you think the Hawks will end up this season? (this month they sleep version)

SweaterWeather

Aug 6, 2015
Yes...Every or nearly every playoff team is trying hard for points whilst our Hawks are not having g even a normal slump but are absolutely STINKING and playing ad if they have no talent at all and simply do not care about where tgey finish ad long ad they get in and then of course UNLIKE any other team in hockey...ever..can flip the switch on a whim..any time e they WANT TO..

So that IF this should hapoen ...the Hawks drop to 2nd wild card and play L.A. or ANH whoever GI is he's 1 st o the Pacific. .then flips the switch and easily defeats the Pacific fivision winner ..then repels this over tge next 3 series and gets tge Cup..they will say the Hawks are the laziest team in the history of sports but tge ONLY one in history that had the uncanny ability to elevate it's game beyond the highest elevation any other team can produce which has already manifested from such team before tgey entered playoffs...that is to say ..teams normally have just 2 gears...Stinky or playing their best and cannot do better than that best just because it is playoffs. Does anyone think Dallas can pkay even better than they already have in their 4 of 5 lopsided victories in regular season over the Hawks? Of course not ..tgey dominated and cannot positively do better than that level already.

BUT unlike any other team in sports..IF the Hawks prove.. Again in playoffs that they can just flip a switch anytime they feel like it and go from stinky right to 3rd gear without even using 2nd gear first ...that when they flip the switch nobody can beat them..that other teams only have 2 gears but the Hawks have 3 ...that tge Hawks can be both the laziest team in any spirt and also can elevate to near divine levels nobody else can reach..that No other team can flip the switch like the Hawks can...well if you believe this amazing lazy to 3rd gear flip switch ability of the Hawks. And they go from March stinkers to June Champs...again.then:

1.Psychologists will have a great time providing how thus is possible.

2.Your faith and vindication will be applauded by fans of other teams who cannot understand how their superior not lazy squad lost to the Chicago slacker bums.

3.Q will be hailed as a genius...despite Tha annual chorus of criticism of his tolerating such lazy players as they annually pull a "swoon coast" in February and March to glide into playoffs looking very shake.

4. A TEAM of smoke and mirrors that has no business surviving a round.in playoffs comse through 8n fine form...and other GM'S pull their hair out in bewilderment.

HOW do they "flip that switch"? But if they do it...AGAIN?

THEY would talk of this legendary ability of the Hawks as the greatest mystery in the annals of hockey.From analysis to sublime...how do they do it?

This is my theory, too, but you explained it better than I could!!! I hope we're right. But it doesn't guarantee a Cup win, of course, just means Q is crafty.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
This is my theory, too, but you explained it better than I could!!! I hope we're right. But it doesn't guarantee a Cup win, of course, just means Q is crafty.

...quite frankly, if hf50 is capable of explaining ANYTHING more clearly than you, then you need to go back to elementary school.

ManChild20

Aug 11, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
i really don't think there is switch flipping. I just think that Q actually does a really good job with line matching over 7 games. Who plays against who, adjustments, etc. Playing the same team over and over is a lot different than the regular season. I think that's the real reason theyve been successful. Players and coaches adjusting to their opponents style of play, and beating it.

My thoughts as well. The Hawks are just so hard to beat when they play a team so many times in a row. I've always thought this to be the major reason to their 3 cup wins. They figure you out.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Core could still pull something out obviously, but going the last 2 months of the regular season without a win against a Western Conference playoff team does not inspire hope for 2 full months of playing nothing but Western Conference playoff teams...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
And if Keith being absent costs us a first round exit...Q has a ready excuse for this miserable season that ended so badly the last 2 and a half months. As he will if CC misses too.

Feel bad for Stan and the all in crowd..Never should have traded Garbutt and Daley ...we at least we're winning more than losing back then...But the final saw was denoting Bickell the 2nd time..That was right in mid 12-game win streak..but eventually the streak kept going 6 more games after Bickell sent down but these only saved as wins by CC and the PP ...once those started trending back down to not so outstanding results we started the meh to bad portion of tge season..a whole 2 and a half months it may be unless we magically reprieve the next 5 games as wins to gain our MOJO back..but No CC..Dunces gonna get slammed in suspension...Anisimov pray out 3-5 more games...a not very promising finish seems likely.

cbh

Aug 24, 2014
How do you think the Hawks will end up this season?

First or second round exit, unfortunately. Their play of late has been underwhelming. There is no "playoff switch".
I hope I am wrong and they become the first cap era team to win back-to-back cups, but I really don't think this team, this year, has what it takes to go all the way.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Hoping Fleishman and/or Ehrhoff serve the role of Steve Dangle 'old guy' this season.

Both warriors would look great with a cup over their head.

Hard to see anybody but LA or WSH winning it tho. ;(

abt424

Apr 4, 2012
Austin
I had my doubts about last year's team. I remember writing they just didn't look the same. And then they go out and win the cup.

This year's team has brought the "They don't look the same" to a different level. They're not only losing to playoff teams, they're getting blown out by the playoff teams they face.

But, I promised after last year to not doubt this team. I predict WCF.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
i love when people get caught up in a few games here and there. Looks like the hawks are 3rd closing in on 2nd place in the west. Playing better the past 4 games or so. Just about the same as every year for the past 6 going into the playoffs. If you dont believe they can win a cup this year please reveal yourself now.

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
Hoping Fleishman and/or Ehrhoff serve the role of Steve Dangle 'old guy' this season.

Both warriors would look great with a cup over their head.

Hard to see anybody but LA or WSH winning it tho. ;(

Why wsh? They steamrolled everyone in the regular season in 2010. Vancouver steamrolled in 2012 and also got knocked out in round 1. Boston steamrolled in 2014 and got bounced in the second round.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Hawks will finish 3rd or 2nd in the Central. .to finish 2nd we must now win out in our last 3 games and STL must lose both their last 2 games in regulation.Since we play STL in their 2nd last and our 2nd last game ...if we beat Arizona then STL in regulation it would set up final game fir each team to determine their finish..Doubtful STL. would lose that final game in front of their home fans...Hawks pkay in Columbus and the BJ'S will want to make a statement to their fans for next season..and so a r
Rally tough task for the
HAWKS if it comes to that game. And to depend on STL.not even
getting a point out of their last game..well it seems like a long shot.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Hawks will finish 3rd or 2nd in the Central. .to finish 2nd we must now win out in our last 3 games and STL must lose both their last 2 games in regulation.Since we play STL in their 2nd last and our 2nd last game ...if we beat Arizona then STL in regulation it would set up final game fir each team to determine their finish..Doubtful STL. would lose that final game in front of their home fans...Hawks pkay in Columbus and the BJ'S will want to make a statement to their fans for next season..and so a r
Rally tough task for the
HAWKS if it comes to that game. And to depend on STL.not even
getting a point out of their last game..well it seems like a long shot

bizarre train of thought...

Hawks playing Columbus or Blues playing Capitals....

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But Caps probably resting key players and they are in STL and Blues have something g to play for...home ice as 1st or 2nd place inthe Central and they will.not want to disappoint their home fans view ing it live.So Hawks probably cannot expect the Caps to help them..Also do not think Dallas will blow at least a single point out if their remainder games.So Hawks may win out but it may still do them.no good as far as gaining any home ice advantage for a series.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00