How do you think Ovechkin feels?

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Waited his whole life to get to the chance to win gold for his country. Even said he would leave his NHL team and take any punishment. Was denied and now his country is practically assured the gold but he isn't on the team!

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Waited his whole life to get to the chance to win gold for his country. Even said he would leave his NHL team and take any punishment. Was denied and now his country is practically assured the gold but he isn't on the team!
The same way he will feel when the Captials finally win the cup and he isn't on the team.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
How was he denied exactly? I was thinking about this just the other day. He said he'd leave if he had to, I remember the Caps GM saying he could go. What happened?
You need to be invited to participate, I think.
Whoever decide, decided not to go at open war against NHL. Again, I think.

Reactions: Cityswiper

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
Pretty ironic that they aren't representing his nation huh?

When did mr dont touch me i'm a crybaby aka crosby play at the world championship? Oh thats right, half a decade ago... and he never joins late.

Ovi? Shows up the day after the caps loses the 1st playoff round like tradition bids.

Reactions: Cityswiper

JaysCyYoung

Jan 1, 2009
York Region
When did mr dont touch me i'm a crybaby aka crosby play at the world championship? Oh thats right, half a decade ago... and he never joins late.

Ovi? Shows up the day after the caps loses the 1st playoff round like tradition bids.

Crosby captained Canada’s 2015 World Championship squad that was one of the most dominant editions in the history of the tournament, winning all ten of their matches in regulation, recording a +51 goal-differential, and trouncing Russia 6-1 in the gold medal game. Crosby had 11 points in 9 games and with the win joined the illustrious IIHF Triple Gold Club for his efforts.

worlds2015-recap.jpg

Team-Canada-World-Championship-gold-featured-640x421.jpg

Seriously, it was only three years ago, dude.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Crosby captained Canada’s 2015 World Championship squad that was one of the most dominant editions in the history of the tournament, winning all ten of their matches in regulation, recording a +51 goal-differential, and trouncing Russia 6-1 in the gold medal game. Crosby had 11 points in 9 games and with the win joined the illustrious IIHF Triple Gold Club for his efforts.

worlds2015-recap.jpg

Team-Canada-World-Championship-gold-featured-640x421.jpg

Seriously, it was only three years ago, dude.

Also doesn't help that crosby for the most part is still playing until half way through the tournament is over.

Ovechkin is always done his nhl season before even game 2 of the tournament.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I've been thinking this the whole tournament, it must be really bittersweet for Ovechkin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->