How do you think I did? (Fantasy Draft)

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Yahoo League (12 teams)

I had the 9th pick in the draft.

Categories are: Goals, Assists, PPP, GWG, SHP, SOG, Hits and Blocks.
GS, Wins, Saves, SO, GAA and save %.

My team is:

Backstrom
JVR
Okposo
Johansen
Hornqvist
Little
Krejci
Nugent Hopkins
D. Brown

Seabrook
Giordano
Bieksa
Boychuk

Lundqvist
Bobrovsky

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Honestly, not the best. Backs trim was too high and JVR is your second best forward. Your goaltending is good but not big on the other areas

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Honestly, not the best. Backs trim was too high and JVR is your second best forward. Your goaltending is good but not big on the other areas

None of my players are 'soft'. My players rack up a lot of PPP and SOG too. Plus some players will give me SHP. My only real weakness is my lack of star power and blocked shots. The way I see it I have a lot of depth up front:
Backstrom 80+ points
Krejci 65-70 points
JVR 60 points
Johansen 60 points
Okposo 65+ points
Hornqvist 60 points
Little 60 points
Nuge 60 points
Brown 40-50 points

Joedaman55

Jun 7, 2014
Anchorage, AK
Agree on the Backstrom being taken too high. I like the Okposo, Nug, and Hornqvist picks.

I like the team based on the SOG, hits, and blocks categories.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Thanks for the feedback, I picked Backstrom with my third pick (33rd), don't know if that's too high. Parise, Lucic, JVR, Backes, Bergeron, Pavelski, Landeskog, St. Louis, Couture were the forwards picked in the later round. None of them have the same upside in terms of points as Backstrom IMO.

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/29157/draftresults?drafttab=round

Here's the draft results, team name is The Frenchise.

JoeyBeans

Jan 5, 2013
Halifax
None of my players are 'soft'. My players rack up a lot of PPP and SOG too. Plus some players will give me SHP. My only real weakness is my lack of star power and blocked shots. The way I see it I have a lot of depth up front:
Backstrom 80+ points
Krejci 65-70 points
JVR 60 points
Johansen 60 points
Okposo 65+ points
Hornqvist 60 points
Little 60 points
Nuge 60 points
Brown 40-50 points

Cant always go by last season.

although I like the east/west structure you have.

One year I made a mistake of adding majority east players.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Cant always go by last season.

although I like the east/west structure you have.

One year I made a mistake of adding majority east players.

Yeah I always try to get a good mix of players from different teams, my golden rule is two players from the same team max. I also avoid low scoring teams like LA/MIN/MTL.

But I didn't only refer to last year with my estimates. Backstrom has been a PPG player for his whole NHL career and will play with Ovechkin and Kuznetsov who's better than Johansson. Trotz might bring down his points to mid 70s, I'll conceal that.

JVR will produce 60+ pts again if he plays with Kessel. If not 55 pts is not out of the question.

Krejci is a lock for 60 points and with good wingers should hit the 70 point mark, especially if guys like Hamilton and Krug continue progressing and increasing their role on the PP.

Okposo is still a tad unproven and so is Johansen. But Johansen was one of the most productive centers in terms of TOI and didn't get soft minutes. Okposo OTOH will play with Tavares who I expect to hit 90 points this season.

Hornqvist will play with one of Crosby or Malkin, I expect him to outscore Neal this year and get career highs.

Little is underrated and had 64 points last year, I could see his points decreasing due to the depth in Winnipeg, their line usage and a potential breakout year for Scheifele.

Nuge will play with Hall and Eberle, I think my 60 pts prediction is a bit conservative with that in mind. He could get 70 points if everything goes fine.

Brown had a terrible year but he picked it up in the playoffs, if he can bounce back to form and get 50 points, I'll be a happy camper.

JoeyBeans

Jan 5, 2013
Halifax
Yeah I always try to get a good mix of players from different teams, my golden rule is two players from the same team max. I also avoid low scoring teams like LA/MIN/MTL.

But I didn't only refer to last year with my estimates. Backstrom has been a PPG player for his whole NHL career and will play with Ovechkin and Kuznetsov who's better than Johansson. Trotz might bring down his points to mid 70s, I'll conceal that.

JVR will produce 60+ pts again if he plays with Kessel. If not 55 pts is not out of the question.

Krejci is a lock for 60 points and with good wingers should hit the 70 point mark, especially if guys like Hamilton and Krug continue progressing and increasing their role on the PP.

Okposo is still a tad unproven and so is Johansen. But Johansen was one of the most productive centers in terms of TOI and didn't get soft minutes. Okposo OTOH will play with Tavares who I expect to hit 90 points this season.

Hornqvist will play with one of Crosby or Malkin, I expect him to outscore Neal this year and get career highs.

Little is underrated and had 64 points last year, I could see his points decreasing due to the depth in Winnipeg, their line usage and a potential breakout year for Scheifele.

Nuge will play with Hall and Eberle, I think my 60 pts prediction is a bit conservative with that in mind. He could get 70 points if everything goes fine.

Brown had a terrible year but he picked it up in the playoffs, if he can bounce back to form and get 50 points, I'll be a happy camper.

I am recruiting for my yahoo league if interested.

Burakovsky95*

Just a heads up. Kuznetsov is playing center. Not gonna be on that line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad