Van-Reems-Dike?
Van-Raims-Dike?
Van-Rims-Dike?
Van-Rims-Dick?
Van-Raims-Dick?
Van-Reems-Dick?
Van-Rhymes-Dick?

:dunno:

Its pronounced "van reems dike", its also properly spelled like this vanRiemsdyk.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I assume it would be James van reems dike, the dike part like Nieuwendyk.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
It's a Dutch name, so 'van Rhymes dyk' would be the proper pronounciation here.
Actually, that was a typo on rt's part. It's Van Riemsdyk.

And he's American, not Dutch, so the pronunciation isn't always what we'd expect.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Actually, that was a typo on rt's part. It's Van Riemsdyk.

And he's American, not Dutch, so the pronunciation isn't always what we'd expect.

It wasn't a typo. I was sounding it out. How does just re-typing his name help me found out how to pronounce it?

So far, no one seems to be certain. How is this possible? I really, really hope that when HF interviews this kid, they ask him how he says his name.

fitchcj555

Dec 13, 2006
It wasn't a typo. I was sounding it out. How does just re-typing his name help me found out how to pronounce it?

So far, no one seems to be certain. How is this possible? I really, really hope that when HF interviews this kid, they ask him how he says his name.

I'm certain. I've been to several games in Ann Arbor this year and everyone there says it VAN REEMS DYKE.

Also, it is one word with no space and the van is lower case with a capital R.

Like this : vanRiemsdyk

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002

Ok, well whether it was a typo or you just spelled it wrong doesn't matter. How can you sound it out if you don't know how it's pronounced? Anyway, fitchcj555's answer seems to agree with everything I've heard so far.

rt

May 13, 2004
Ok, well whether it was a typo or you just spelled it wrong doesn't matter. How can you sound it out if you don't know how it's pronounced? Anyway, fitchcj555's answer seems to agree with everything I've heard so far.

We are having some problems communicating, here. These damn message boards. I realise I made a mistake in the thread title. However, the ways I spelled his name in my original post were attempts to sound it out. Guesses.

rt

May 13, 2004
I'm certain. I've been to several games in Ann Arbor this year and everyone there says it VAN REEMS DYKE.

Also, it is one word with no space and the van is lower case with a capital R.

Like this : vanRiemsdyk

Okay, then. Thank you very much. Spelled: vanRiemsdyk Pronounced: Van Reems Dike

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
We are having some problems communicating, here. These damn message boards. I realise I made a mistake in the thread title. However, the ways I spelled his name in my original post were attempts to sound it out. Guesses.
I realize that. My comment was to Ott=Snott, because the spelling would determine the Dutch pronunciation, is all.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA

James spells his last name "vanReimsdyk". No space. (see this week's hockey news US Jr Report section).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->