How do you fix the Wings?

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Was checking out Tampa's roster cause I cant see them walking away from Stamkos and noticed cirelli making 6.25 longterm

I know hes good and ppl like him but that's like 7+ mill on other teams where the less tax doesn't favour them like in Florida

Am I crazy to think hes severely overpaid for a 45 pt guy??? If he was 3c making 4.5 they'd save a bit cap and be better off no? Just seems like way too much money

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Was checking out Tampa's roster cause I cant see them walking away from Stamkos and noticed cirelli making 6.25 longterm

I know hes good and ppl like him but that's like 7+ mill on other teams where the less tax doesn't favour them like in Florida

Am I crazy to think hes severely overpaid for a 45 pt guy??? If he was 3c making 4.5 they'd save a bit cap and be better off no? Just seems like way too much money

His agent must have used Andrew Copp's contract as a comparable.

• Haha
Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
The only ufa I want back is Fischer. He plays his fourth line role well.

Sorry but it’s time to move on from
Perron and Kane.

Gost single handedly cost us about 40
Goals this season so bye.

Wish someone would take Fabbri, Holl and Husso of our hands.

I’d package Veleno and Berggren to get a legit top six winger with some
Size and grit.

So what are you adding Veleno and Berggren to for that player? Because those guys are toss-in, add-ons for a legit top six winger with size and grit.

It's XXXX + Veleno + Berggren, with the XXXX being the centerpiece of the deal.

Reactions: jkutswings

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
So what are you adding Veleno and Berggren to for that player? Because those guys are toss-in, add-ons for a legit top six winger with size and grit.

It's XXXX + Veleno + Berggren, with the XXXX being the centerpiece of the deal.
Pretend you're St Louis and further pretend you're ready to rebuild. As the Blues, do you consider the following or do you laugh it away?

To St Louis:
- 2024 1st
- 2025 1st
- Veleno
- Berggren
- Wallinder

To Detroit:
- Robert Thomas

Thomas is a very good player at a premium position. Likely the one guy they would NOT want to trade away as part of the rebuild. But is that enough youth and picks to at least get a conversation going? (I know that size and grit aren't perfect matches for Thomas. He's just a guy that would be a huge help, from a team that might be ready to blow it up.)

Axel Sandy Pelikan

May 11, 2023
Pretend you're St Louis and further pretend you're ready to rebuild. As the Blues, do you consider the following or do you laugh it away?

To St Louis:
- 2024 1st
- 2025 1st
- Veleno
- Berggren
- Wallinder

To Detroit:
- Robert Thomas

Thomas is a very good player at a premium position. Likely the one guy they would NOT want to trade away as part of the rebuild. But is that enough youth and picks to at least get a conversation going? (I know that size and grit aren't perfect matches for Thomas. He's just a guy that would be a huge help, from a team that might be ready to blow it up.)

Probably not.

Because if I'm St. Louis looking to blow it up and I'm dealing Robert Thomas... I'm looking for a Robert Thomas and something package for Brady Tkachuk. Or Robert Thomas for... I don't know.. Matty Beniers.

Like a 1-1 hockey trade or I add something to go REALLY big fishing if I'm them. Under no circumstances as them to I go for a mass of quantity. Now, Pavel Buchnevich? Buchnevich I think you get for a less package of quantity if you want him. Or Parayko for potentially even less than that because he's a high $/performance player with a long deal... but he's still better than anyone who isn't named Simon or Moritz.

Once you get about 3 assets in a trade... you gotta start wondering about if they're actually adding value to the package.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

To St Louis:
- 2024 1st
- 2025 1st
- Veleno
- Berggren
- Wallinder

To Detroit:
- Robert Thomas

No cause if I'm Stl I'm holding on to all guys under 25 who can be part of next core/wave..

Buch, Parayko, Billington, Krug are who I move out

Axel Sandy Pelikan

May 11, 2023
Did you see what we got Debrincat for?
You're aware of the many extenuating circumstances surrounding that... I'm sure.
I'm not saying don't ask... I'm just saying if I'm St. Louis, you're not getting Robert Thomas from me unless I'm getting something (singular) better from you. I'd add, but I'm not dealing an asset like him for a smattering of assets that are all lesser than him and have lesser ceilings than him.

Think about it as RT being worth $1.

If you're dealing 15OA and a 2025 1st, let's call those $0.33 a piece because they're not guaranteed to be anyhting. So $0.66

Veleno Berggren Wallinder - Let's be generous and call them a quarter each.

So, we're talking about $1.33 in value. However, you're giving 5 assets to make that up and they are surrendering 1.

In a situation where you have to field the highest value with a limit of 23 assets... The guy with the value of a dollar has a much greater impact on that goal because instead of using 5 spots for 1.33 or 1.50, you're using 1.

No cause if I'm Stl I'm holding on to all guys under 25 who can be part of next core/wave..

Buch, Parayko, Billington, Krug are who I move out

I don't care about the age. The weird fixation on "rebuild with only guys under 25 always confuses me. I'm not doing it because Robert Thomas is by far the best asset I have and making that trade... it's a longshot that I'm better for the deal because I am giving up by far the best player. Guys like Berg and Joey V don't have these massive depths of untapped talent. They're getting close to "they are what they are".

Reactions: Snuggs

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
1) Manage the cap.

That means Ghost, Kane and Sprong are gone. If Perron will take a 1 and done deal, sign him. Reimer and Fischer will be offered another year with a 10-20% raise. Let Veleno go. Waive Holl. If he doesn't' have to report to GR, no choice but to buy him out. Locking in Raymond and Mo is stated last, but the most important work to be done before moving on to "fixing" the team.

2) Find a second line center. Copp ain't it! Larkin going down showed this hole in technicolor.
2a} They will look for a goal scoring type vet for the wing. Who? I have no idea.

3) The every year want that goes unanswered. find someone to keep the flies off.

4) Bring up the kids.

Simon is up and a lock at the #3 spot. That is a HUGE gap filled.

Johansson is on the roster or waived, and he won't clear. He'll fight it out for 5-6-7. I see Petry as next season's Holl.

Nate Danielson. I believe he makes the opening day roster and is plugged in as the #3 center, with Copp as the #4. TBD is #2.

Marco Kasper. He will not make the opening day roster, but I see him as a 2nd half call up. He won't come up as a center, but rather on the wing.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
You mean last season when Pesce had 30 points, vs. Holl 2 years ago on a 27 point pace? What an absolutely massive difference. And the year before that, Pesce on a 32 point pace and Holl had a 30 point pace.
Definitely sounds like we should give Pesce a blank check here, no way that contract could age poorly.

3 years before being UFA

Player A- 20:27 TOI/GP, 0.30 Pts/GP, +45
Player B- 21:22 TOI/GP, 0.32 Pts/GP, +26

Pick out the one we’re desperate to get out of a short-term 3Mil contract, and the one we want to sign long-term for twice that money.

Lets completely ignore that one is much much better defensively than the other.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Edvinsson Seider
Walman Chiarot
Maatta Petry / AJo
Cat Larkin Raymond
Rasmussen Compher ?
Berggren Kasper Veleno
Fischer Copp Soderblom
I know we will not go anywhere with this , but it's a move to right direction and 2025 draft will give us another good pick, seems like much better than what we going to get this draft

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
You mean last season when Pesce had 30 points, vs. Holl 2 years ago on a 27 point pace? What an absolutely massive difference. And the year before that, Pesce on a 32 point pace and Holl had a 30 point pace.
Definitely sounds like we should give Pesce a blank check here, no way that contract could age poorly.

3 years before being UFA

Player A- 20:27 TOI/GP, 0.30 Pts/GP, +45
Player B- 21:22 TOI/GP, 0.32 Pts/GP, +26

Pick out the one we’re desperate to get out of a short-term 3Mil contract, and the one we want to sign long-term for twice that money.
Watch a player play hockey. I'll be you whatever you want Pesce would not have been a healthy scratch on this team last year.

Blank check? Not a person is saying that, btw.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oddbob

Squirrel in the Hole

Be the best squirrel in the hole
Feb 18, 2004
Sydney

It really looks like Breibois was selling his soul after Stevie left to keep Tampa in the mix, and you can't argue with two Cups and a Finals appearance. But the Cerelli and Shergachev contracts, plus some of those trade deadline deals over the years have taken their toll.

Reactions: letsgowings9999

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Trade holl,bednar(if we plan not to sign him) & a 3rd to sj

Trade maata and fabbri for mid picks

Trade veleno(will want close to Rasmussen money and I don't see him here longterm) to the habs for a 4th and kovacevic. Played well for habs and a cheap caphit for a year

Trade walman for picks

Trade 4th to get rid of petry

Joshua Larkin raymond
Debrincat compher kane
Perron kasper berggren
Rasmussen copp fischer
Nosek

Chiarot seider
Gostisbehere roy
Edvinsson kovacevic
Johansson

I know joshua ain't a 1st liner but he has size and physicality that we need. I personally wouldn't bring back perron but keep hearing hell be back

I'd also deal copp with retention but sadly cant see it happening. keep hearing Vegas will lose marchessault but cant see that happening and with eichel hertl down the middle I'd maybe Karlsson Karlsson and get sj to eat 1.9 for a 2nd in 2026

Kasper larkin raymond
Debrincat karlsson kane
Joshua compher berggren

Think that gives us a better top 9,kasper top line is a stretch atm but cheap hit, adds alot to that line with grit and physical play and why not try and make a top 10 pick succeed

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Yeah Nylander was always their ace.
Yeah, 1 game played too.

If I'm running Toronto. There is hell to pay. I know these guys are good but wow, 1 has to pay the price, Do they have NTC in their contracts? If not one of these two would definitely be on the Flames/Coyotes/Kraken next year if I ran Toronto. No way I let these guys back together, trade them on a gigantic haul of players/picks and move on with one or the other.

( Of course!!!! We can get some medical news issues that really, really change things but it's a rough look skating with the team and not playing in the playoffs. )

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00