How are these 2005 draftees (Wandell, Starkov, Sundstrom, Popperle) in Europe doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Morbid

Jun 11, 2004
PBC
C Tom Wandell (drafted 146th by Dallas)
C Kirill Starkov (drafted 189th by Columbus)
C Alexander Sundstrom (drafted 218th by New Jersey)
G Tomas Popperle (drafted 131st by Columbus)

Where are they playing? How are they doing? What are their stats for the season?

Thanks!

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Starkov is playing in the SEL. Don't know his stats offhand, MacLean has raved about him on his radio show a few times, so I wouldn't be shocked if they sign him to a contract in the offseason and he plays in the AHL next season.

Popperle is playing in the Germen league. He's very much in the plans of the Jackets and figures to at least be starting in the AHL next season, with a slim outside chance of backing up Leclaire in Columbus.

JSmith81x

Your weapon is guilt
Dec 20, 2002
Visit site
Tomás Pöpperle
-- EHC Eisbären Berlin ... 27 games, 2.17 GAA, .928 SP

Kirill Starkov
-- Västra Frölunda HC ... 34 games, 1 goal and 3 points
-- Västra Frölunda HC (U20) ... 9 games, 4 goals and 12 points

Alexander Sundström
-- IF Björklöven ... 1 game, 0 points
-- IF Björklöven (U20) ... 17 games, 13 goals and 21 points

Tom Wandell
-- Södertälje SK ... 3 games, 0 points
-- Södertälje SK (U20) ... 26 games, 9 goals and 23 points

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Starkov has done a good job in the SEL, his point production may not show it but there are other aspects to the game ;) :)

C-J...*

Krm500 said:
Starkov has done a good job in the SEL, his point production may not show it but there are other aspects to the game ;) :)

Starkov plays in a all junior-line in Frölunda, and last time I heard about them, they still hadnt been scored on at even strenght.

Granted, they arent given more than a few minutes per game (6-7?), but thats still pretty impressive from a bunch of kids. I believe that Daniel Alfredssons younger brother plays in that line aswell?

Might be wrong about the last part though..

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
Tom Wandell has scored 32 points in 34 junior games. The regular season is this year divided into two parts, making it kind of tricky to collect the stats. I guess the reason for this schedule is to cut down on travelling costs.

stats from swehockey

It´s P-J Axelsson's younger brother (Anton) who plays in Frölunda, not Alfie's.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Kronblom said:
Tom Wandell has scored 32 points in 34 junior games. The regular season is this year divided into two parts, making it kind of tricky to collect the stats. I guess the reason for this schedule is to cut down on travelling costs.

stats from swehockey

It´s P-J Axelsson's younger brother (Anton) who plays in Frölunda, not Alfie's.
Yea, he isn't in the best 8 team part of the league so scoring will be much easier.

Sundstrom's combined J20 SuperElit and J20 SuperElit Top 8 stats are as following.
22 games, 15 goals and 27 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad