How about those TV timeout contests?

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
What does everyone think of them?
I'm referring to the 3 car race one, the who's better contest, kiss cam, etc.
imo the kiss cam should only show people under 30, as they're more "enthusiastic" :) and and seem to like being on camera.
I like the who's better contest as it invites some debate, like Sakic vs Yzerman.
I seem to recall there was one last year where they picked a player and he answered a bunch of questions like favorite movie/band; that was a good one.

spellchecker45

Oct 3, 2011
What does everyone think of them?
I'm referring to the 3 car race one, the who's better contest, kiss cam, etc.
imo the kiss cam should only show people under 30, as they're more "enthusiastic" :) and and seem to like being on camera.
I like the who's better contest as it invites some debate, like Sakic vs Yzerman.
I seem to recall there was one last year where they picked a player and he answered a bunch of questions like favorite movie/band; that was a good one.

The contests are pointless because they always give the contestant the prize after anyway.

ghost88*

I remember last season they used to give away a jets jersey and then they switched to a hoodie mid-season. I always thought that was kind of weird.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
The contests are pointless because they always give the contestant the prize after anyway.

Really? :help:
Really?

Are we really concerned with the integrity of the game? Its a gimmick to kill time, who cares if fans get the prize either way. Isn't this a form of TNSE giving back to the fans? If they phrased that as the reason why everyone wins this year would people be happier?

I lose nothing by Joe Shmo winning a free car wash, I'll just be happy for him.

ghost88*

How close have you (or your row) been to winning a prize?

The row behind me won the Esso gas card last season, and the row in front of me got Pizza.

spellchecker45

Oct 3, 2011
Really? :help:
Really?

Are we really concerned with the integrity of the game? Its a gimmick to kill time, who cares if fans get the prize either way. Isn't this a form of TNSE giving back to the fans? If they phrased that as the reason why everyone wins this year would people be happier?

I lose nothing by Joe Shmo winning a free car wash, I'll just be happy for him.

No i'm not concerned with it. You're true but its still funny how the outcomes happen to be with some of the contests. I'm okay with them it doesn't matter to me I just like to laugh when people get the answers wrong because I know I wouldn't do much better with some of them.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I think they suck and should all be dropped....play some music show some other game highlights and screw all that stupid stuff.....Go Jets Go!!!!!!

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
I would like to see them do things like the NFL does. Show in depth in game highlights around the league during these TV timeouts.

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012
I think they suck and should all be dropped....play some music show some other game highlights and screw all that stupid stuff.....Go Jets Go!!!!!!

100% AGREED!! At least replays are being shown this year. The lack of replays last year drove me nuts!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad