How about GM Lemiuex and Gretzky for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
ferns8916 said:
John Davidson?
Yep. GM-wise I think that he would be outstanding. He has a ton of hockey knowledge and, if you listen to him talk, always seems to be on the cutting edge instead of falling back on old hat methods that don't work anymore. Plus his job for the Rangers, NBC and OLN is a perfect set up to keep his finger on the heartbeat of hockey Canada and what other teams will be doing. Another thing is that he's not weighed down by worrying about his own team and also doesn't have to play favorites with anyone.

puck57

Dec 21, 2004
1- No way Lemieux would take the GM duties for Team Canada. He is not public/press savy like Gretz who has the perfect public persona for the job. Lemieux has never been comfortable being in the press spotlight and he would not last the scrutiny of picking the players. He has never had the passion for TC that Gretz has had in his blood- just is not there and you have to have someone in that job who really has the passion to carry on that job and deal with the press and publicity. I really don't know what Lemieux will end up doing or not doing in hockey- I just don't see this as an option- maybe as a consultant or scout but not front and center.
2- I really feel Gretz would be happy as the head coach for the 2010 games- he likes being near the ice and the players and a few more seasons of NHL coaching will get him more accustomed to coaching and I frankly feel he would be a great motivator in the locker room before games in the pressured tournament like the Olympics and as a result he would not have to be the full time GM and let someone else do the primary picking of players and take that burden from him.
3- I never thought of John Davidson as the GM but he might actually work in that role- of course we have no idea if he would actually WANT the job but he might actually consider it.

stockwizard*

BTW If Gretzky and his dream team of Draper and Bertuzzi would have come through, we would have finished the games with exactly 25 medals.
This is the number Canada was shooting for. :teach:

stockwizard*

Big bruting, hulking, sulking Bertuzzi. :biglaugh:

He can't even hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->