How about Canada/USA in next year's Remax Challenge??

Status
Not open for further replies.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
How about next year the Canadians take 25 players right in the middle of the CHL season and go to Russia for 2 weeks....think they would send their best?

Don't think so. Don't blame the Russians. It's a bad concept to start with.

Bud The Spud*

Wild GM said:
How about next year the Canadians take 25 players right in the middle of the CHL season and go to Russia for 2 weeks....think they would send their best?

Yeah it is a bad concept and the Russians shouldn't be blamed. If it was the other way around Canada probably wouldn't send their best either. It's unfortunate because it would have been a great series if Russia could have sent their best and I think tournaments like this shouldn't be held unless both countries can send their best.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Agreed....the CHL guys who looked good will hear, "Oh, you weren't playing their best". The only guy who really made out was Barulin. Looks like the Blues really have a great prospect there.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Wild GM said:

That's why I suggested the Americans play the Canadians, dum dum!

Whether or not this Russian team was their best or not, it still doesn't take away the fact they were a joke as far as competition went!

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
HabLover said:
These Russians guys were a joke and the US could probably send a better team, that would give a better series. It would be easy with all the players in US College and Major Junior.

I doubt it could happen. The NCAA isnt gonna take time out of the schedule and the players most likely won't be allowed to miss class for a meaningless exhibition tournament.

Hitman*

I think that the CHL would send its best team over. Afterall, its pretty much a decision making process anyway, why not evaluate your WJC hopefuls earlier.

And the CHL is very big on doing this kind of stuff. They won't handicap their players they way the RSL teams did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->