Hour of Glory for Alexander Perezhogin

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Leafaholix said:
Keep in mind that the writer is most likely a fan of the Habs.

Not very objective or credible.

It was in lapresse this morning I think. He only said that Perezhogin was doing fine and he's developping nicely. Nothing more.

leafaholix*

ax²+bx+c said:
It was in lapresse this morning I think. He only said that Perezhogin was doing fine and he's developping nicely. Nothing more.
For me it was the last line that hurt the credibility of the article.

"Barring a major collapse, Alexander Perezhogin will be a member of one of the Habs top two lines in a year or two."

A major collapse... like a prospect not developing? He's basically guarenteeing a top 6 forward in a year or two... Perezhogin hasn't even played in the NHL!

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
ax²+bx+c said:
What the hell are you talking about??? I never said I had zero faith in HF, first of all. Also, I never complained nor discussed about their rankings. Think about it, I've been reading HF for 5 years, or maybe 6?, doesn't that means I enjoy and respect it?
Coupe Stanley said:
Anyway, who care, it's not like HF have any kind of a successfull track record.
You responded:
ax²+bx+c said:
I've been reading HF since the 1999, and you're 100% right.

Coupe Stanley tried to completely discredit HF's list (and the exclusion of Perezhogin, what a surprise!) by making some unsubstantiated and flat out wrong remarks about their past lists. Any kind of successful track record... pretty much qualifies his statement as meaning that he thinks everything they have done has been proven wrong or otherwise a 'failure.' You agreed with him 100%. If that's the case it certainly doesn't sound like you enjoy and respect it.

velimiiro

flyers guy said:
Simply stated, because what he did wasn't all that special. A very solid game, but nothing breathtaking.

I think a lot of this is also getting lost in translation. In English we would only use a phrase like this during the event of winning a championship or something really, really significant. In French, (if I remember correctly) phrases like this are used much more liberally than in English. I'm pretty sure my French teacher said something to that effect, although it was many years ago, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah.... basicly, someone might see the headline "hour of glory" and think it's something REALLY big, and someone else might not think much of it.. it's all subjective however most ppl here aren't too happy with this topic right now.. and getting pissy about it, which is in itself exagerrating.

mytor4*

said by leafaholix
A major collapse... like a prospect not developing? He's basically guarenteeing a top 6 forward in a year or two... Perezhogin hasn't even played in the NHL!

neither has crosby but you put him being the best soon to be nhler. so what is the difference. i detect some hab haters.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
mytor4 said:
neither has crosby but you put him being the best soon to be nhler. so what is the difference. i detect some hab haters.

ya they stink somethin fierce. I am use to it by now. A Hab fan wants to put an article up about a PROSPECT on the PROSPECTS board and all anyone can do is come in here and make stupid and sarcastic remarks.

I think what people don't understand is that this article was originally in French and I am sure the intent was not to glorify Perezhogin rather to say that he is playing well and had his best game of the season. But most see it's a Hab prospect and then they pounce.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
most people saw an "article" that sounded very sensationalist and they reacted to that. nothing to do with the habs in particular...spare us the poor martyred habs fans/prospects routine

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
mytor4 said:
said by leafaholix
i detect some hab haters.

Really? Shocker!

J & L are in the top-five in that category....but this thread isn't their hour of glory. No, not even close. :shakehead

But, find a Hab topic and they're there like white on rice.

What most are missing here is that he scored 2 pts in a very big game to bring his totals to 12 in 18 in a very competitive environment where points are hard to come by. And which has become the NHL of Russia.

Whatever, though. Wellwood is king. :speechles

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Jacobv2 said:
Let's report every single prospects' hour of glory when it happens.

Jussi Jokinen scored a hat trick in the deciding game of the Karlaja Cup a few weeks back. Oh, and he scored a hat trick in an SM-Liiga game earlier this year. That gives him 2 hours of glory, woooo! Still needs 5 more to catch Malkin though ;)

TazzMetal

Feb 19, 2003
Visit site
Just to add to this Perezhogin supposed "glory hour" thread, Perezhogin recorded a goal and an assist tonight in Russia against the NHL Worldstars. A game which the Russians won 5-4.

leafaholix*

mytor4 said:
You can't compare Alexander Perezhogin to Sidney Crosby.

And I don't hate the Habs, I think that's obvious if you read more than one of my posts.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
This thread could have been a good one; Maybe along the lines of discussion of Alex's holding his own against some of the best players in the world. Instead, it has been hijacked by baiters and flamers and has degenerated into toilet humour, literally. Poor toilet humour at that.

Could someone please put this thread out if it's misery?

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
For me it was the last line that hurt the credibility of the article.

"Barring a major collapse, Alexander Perezhogin will be a member of one of the Habs top two lines in a year or two."

So Alex Steen could bust as well?

leafaholix*

pavel datsyuk said:
So Alex Steen could bust as well?
Yes, but chances aren't as good as Perezhogin busting. Same can be said about Higgins, the chances of him busting are less than the chances of Perezhogin busting.

MontrealSF

Lars Eller.
Aug 16, 2003
Montréal, PQ
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
Yes, but chances aren't as good as Perezhogin busting. Same can be said about Higgins, the chances of him busting are less than the chances of Perezhogin busting.

:speechles Yeah... of course. And I'm sure that Steen has less chances of busting than Higgins. Funny.

leafaholix*

RickyF said:
:speechles Yeah... of course. And I'm sure that Steen has less chances of busting than Higgins. Funny.
In my opinion they're both sure-fire NHL'ers.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
RickyF said:
I don't see how Perezhogin can't be a sure-fire NHL'er. A case could be made for Kastsitsyn, but I have no doubt Alex will make it.
Kastsitsyn is like the antithesis of a sure-fire NHL prospect.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
yeah i recognized it :)

this thread was doomed from the start because of how stupid the "article" sounded. if it was "man perezoghin played real well, got a goal and assist and was the first star last night" things would have gone along fine. instead it was a huge bit of fluff, it's just natural for people to swing back at that.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Levitate said:
yeah i recognized it :)

this thread was doomed from the start because of how stupid the "article" sounded. if it was "man perezoghin played real well, got a goal and assist and was the first star last night" things would have gone along fine. instead it was a huge bit of fluff, it's just natural for people to swing back at that.

Sad thing is that article was written by the Habs best beat writer imo. Brunet is one of the only ones worth reading. People forget he's writting for the French media in Quebec, his job is to get people to read. People might not read, Perezhogin was ok today, or Perezhogin is swell in the RSL.

But that doesn't excuse the lame attacks or useless non hockey posts.

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
Leafaholix said:
Keep in mind that the writer is most likely a fan of the Habs.

Not very objective or credible.

LOL !!! Do you even know who Mattias Brunet is ? HE is the best Habs beat writer I have ever read in my life (and I have been following the team for close to 25 years). He is better than ANY of the HOFamer beat writers in Montreal like Red Fisher, Yvon Pedenault, Bertrand Raymond. The guy is a serious journalist who actually takes time to do his research. Rarely will you see an error in his reports. So he predicted Perez as a top six forward, SO WHAT ?!?! The guy also was one of the rare people who predicted Ryder as having an NHL career two years ago. Three years ago, he also predicted Ron Hainsey as being the Habs best defeneman. Right sometimes, wrong at others.

You should be the last person talking about credibility. That Steen comment was a classic example of that (about him being a sure fire NHLer) ... ROFTLMAO !!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad