Houde's 2007 mock draft

ilovehockey

Jan 1, 2007
He's proboly just predicting what will happen in the draft. Someone will proboly take Esposito around there. It's not what you think, but what the gm's think.

Pipeandin

Dec 7, 2004
Good read, but Kane does not have that extra gear like Bure has. Kane really really really needs to work on his top end gear. It has gotten better, but if he develops that he will be that much better. It will be scary. He reminds me of a poor mans version of Malkin, minus the size and speed, to a tee.

Russian Fan

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
Houde's 2007 mock draft
--------------

17.Angelo Esposito
A bust. Soft,unwilling to pay the price,bad teammate,lazy,over-rated offensive abilities, do not know how to use his
linesmates,selfish on power plays,he relys on his skills only,bring no grit.ECHL superstar at best. Nice speed,impressive
changing gears.. but never uses that in a real game.Scared to be touch.
Upside:Patrik Stefan
Downside:Alexandre Daigle

This is not an analysis by the way. You just said you dont like him & you didnt even give him an upside.

You just cant put Patrik Stefan as an UPSIDE just because you put BUST on him.

It's a nice read but you dont seem to grasp the concept of what an UPSIDE/DOWNSIDE is.

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
Reading about Esposito had me think of one player: Mike Ribiero. Is he as skilled as Ribiero? If he is he can still have a solid NHL career, he just won't be much use for a team looking to win the tough games in April, May and June.

It will be very interesting to see who goes where in this draft. If reports are true there should be a Blake Wheeler or two going in the top dozen picks.

OilerOlli*

If is upside are like Komisarek's upside... Its pretty cool for him.

Komisarek is very, very above average in his own, mean streak, first d-men in the league for hits, among the first for blocked shots, he skate pretty fast for a big guys, can put some point on the scoreboard (4-11-15) he is +5 while he is playing always against the other team'S first line. And trust me +5 in Montreal is awesome every player are in the minus.

So if Alzner upside is Komisarek I don't know why you are so upset... And Warrener is a good defensive d-men. (Not close to Komisarek though and a lot older).

It took long that Komisaarek even made it into the NHL.
Ok, he may establish himself now in the NHL and plays a good Role in Montreal.
But hey, we talk about UPSIDE. Not what he probably will be in the NHL.
And what I was reding so far about Alzner, his Upside is more an Adam Foote...

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
The Turris comparison/upside to Primeau seems odd. Maybe its cuase when I picture Primeau, I see a huge guy but Turris is small. But wouldn't Paul Kariya or Daniel Briere be more appropriate for him?

I thought that to be odd too. Most of the upside/downside comparisons seem strange to me. Sam Gagner's upside is Owen Nolan? huh??

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Good read, but Kane does not have that extra gear like Bure has. Kane really really really needs to work on his top end gear. It has gotten better, but if he develops that he will be that much better. It will be scary. He reminds me of a poor mans version of Malkin, minus the size and speed, to a tee.

A Malkin without the size and speed isn't really Malkin at all. As for Kane's to end speed, it isn't a problem. Besides, his lateral movement and escapability is about as good as it gets.

Last edited:

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Esposito's upside is Stefan? Even if you think he's a bust, his "upside" still is high as of right now.

I agree with what you said about him though.

lol Daigle's a better player/had a better career than Stefan, you got those two mixed up. Some of the player comparisons I definitely don't see, Kane upside Pavel Bure, downside? Kovalev? hmmm, and Owen Nolan as the comparison to Gagner, don't see that. Primeau/Turris. Voracek....upside of Lindros, I'd definitely say Hossa just like several other people would, both play very similar styles. Couture projects to be a solid two way forward with nice size. Larionov and Hudler are both tiny offensive players although Larionov was good two ways I suppose.

All in all though good job, interesting to read, don't mean to criticize at all, just wondering where or how you get some of the comparisons.

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
Pretty good list.

Nice you went into detail... but some of your upside/downsides are indeed a little off.
Sam Ganger = Owen Nolan? :help:

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
If Shattenkirk's upside is Mark Streit, he might as well retire now.

Shattenkirk's upside is far more than Mark freakin' Streit.

I have no clue who Shattenkirk is so I can't comment on the comparisons with Streit but maybe you should watch Streit play before making comments like that. Mark has improved leaps and bounds this season and he has become a pretty good (and versatile) player.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
If Shattenkirk's upside is Mark Streit, he might as well retire now.

Shattenkirk's upside is far more than Mark freakin' Streit.

How about you watch a Habs game before the end of the season? I was calling him Mark freaking Streit too a while ago, but now it's disrespectful to him since he's been the Canadiens' most consistent player since January.

There, I just said it. I don't know if I should be happy or discouraged with Streit being the Habs' best player in 2007, but anyway. :D

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->