horse hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

04' hockey

Jul 1, 2003
City of Brotherly Lo
Visit site
NHL hockey was the last sport I really had respect for, until this year. $ has finally ruined the last brave sport standing. I agree the owners started the madness, but, I CANNOT blame them for trying to tame the wild beast they created. Who of us hasn't been affected some way by cutbacks at thier places of employment??, layoffs, firing, cutbacks, these NHL players can't be that seperated from the real world that much that they really can't believe that the "sky is the limit" salary's of the last decade is gonna to continue. I honestly think I'm done with my season tix. I've had them for 25 yrs., front row, second level at the Wachovia Center. It took me forever, and some white lies, to get front row seats. I cannot justify the cost for two seats, JUST TO GET INTO THE DOOR, anymore. I really love hockey, but, I SEE that hockey has joined MLB and it's "juiced up" primadonnas, the NBA and it's " let's go into the stands and beat up our fans" animals.....the NFL, with it's salary structure(cap), has some kind of normalcy, something to relate to. I understand the "sacrifice" the players make every year, but they're part of this whole picture(society) too. Hockey salaries have gone thru the roof the last decade.....just like my line of work, that(pro sports salaries) has to have a leveling off also. I think the NHLPA is operating in a fantasy world and they want people like me to support it.....no more. I'll watch them on cable. It's really too bad some of the younger players who are paycheck to paycheck like most of us, don't have a larger say, in these negotiations, than the guys(Chelios, Shanahan, etc.) who can live, LAVISHLY, off thier bank accounts from past salary awards. :madfire:
Enough of supporting these overpaid knuckleheads, THEY'RE OUT OF TOUCH! :shakehead

A Good Flying Bird*

04' hockey said:
NHL hockey was the last sport I really had respect for, until this year. $ has finally ruined the last brave sport standing. I agree the owners started the madness, but, I CANNOT blame them for trying to tame the wild beast they created. Who of us hasn't been affected some way by cutbacks at thier places of employment??, layoffs, firing, cutbacks, these NHL players can't be that seperated from the real world that much that they really can't believe that the "sky is the limit" salary's of the last decade is gonna to continue. I honestly think I'm done with my season tix. I've had them for 25 yrs., front row, second level at the Wachovia Center. It took me forever, and some white lies, to get front row seats. I cannot justify the cost for two seats, JUST TO GET INTO THE DOOR, anymore. I really love hockey, but, I SEE that hockey has joined MLB and it's "juiced up" primadonnas, the NBA and it's " let's go into the stands and beat up our fans" animals.....the NFL, with it's salary structure(cap), has some kind of normalcy, something to relate to. I understand the "sacrifice" the players make every year, but they're part of this whole picture(society) too. Hockey salaries have gone thru the roof the last decade.....just like my line of work, that(pro sports salaries) has to have a leveling off also. I think the NHLPA is operating in a fantasy world and they want people like me to support it.....no more. I'll watch them on cable. It's really too bad some of the younger players who are paycheck to paycheck like most of us, don't have a larger say, in these negotiations, than the guys(Chelios, Shanahan, etc.) who can live, LAVISHLY, off thier bank accounts from past salary awards. :madfire:
Enough of supporting these overpaid knuckleheads, THEY'RE OUT OF TOUCH! :shakehead

Bitter much?

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Become a CFL fan then. They're the last sport still in touch with the common man. Half of them have jobs working in sporting goods stores or selling real estate in the off season.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
PecaFan said:
Become a CFL fan then. They're the last sport still in touch with the common man. Half of them have jobs working in sporting goods stores or selling real estate in the off season.

It's all about how much revenue they create. If the owners were able to pay them millions, then they would demand millions.

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
Tuggy said:
It's all about how much revenue they create. If the owners were able to pay them millions, then they would demand millions.

But the owners aren't able, because just about nobody is willing to pay $70 for an average seat at a CFL game and TV networks aren't throwing nine-figure amounts at the league. And if more hockey fans did what the original poster is talking about doing, the NHL would be in the same boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad