Horrible No Goalie Interference Call (OTT/NYR)

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I'd need to see a better overhead or front angle to see for sure where the puck is. The two short gifs in the OP are inconclusive on whether this is GI IMO.

My first impression with the way Halverson was falling backward was this may have been a loose puck in the crease situation, where incident contact is allowed if the attacking player is attempting to play the puck.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Looks like he knocked the puck free colliding with the goaltender. Not the worst recent call but probably should have been called back. Even if that puck is free there is no way the ref could see it, it should have been blown dead but that's not reviewable.

MtoD

Feb 4, 2018
I think if this was a month ago, it would have been no goal but with the NHL trying to 'simplify' things, this one stands.

Halverson falls back on his own accord and the puck seems to be loose in the crease.. so anyone attempting to play the puck can't interfere with Halverson. I do agree that we need to see how/when the puck became loose to really know if this was a good call though.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
This league is f***ing stupid.
Did you see what was called goalie interference in the Oilers/Coyotes game?

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
NHL made the standard with Hellebuyck. With a loose puck, players are free to do anything to the goalie without it counting as goalie interference.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Looks like his own teammate causes the interference. Haven’t seen a great angle but seems alright

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad