Horrible No Goalie Interference Call (OTT/NYR)

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Thought it shouldn’t have counted but I wonder how much Halverson falling back prior to Pageau coming in influenced the decision.

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
Could be interference, but his own player was the one that really caused the goal...

However, it's true that far less will often lead to an interferance call...

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
What is goalie interference nowadays?

PYU9Seb.gif

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Anyone who thinks the league knows what they're doing with goalie interference, want to weigh in? The inconsistent standard is painfully obvious

Reactions: egelband

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I don't see interference there. He clearly didn't have the puck, saw some pressure and fell backwards of his own volition and the puck squirted out to the side, where it would have anyway, and was poked in. Good goal.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Kinda looks like he was speared in the nuts and pushed into the net by the Sens player going for the puck rather than a casual fall backwards but it's open to interpretation I guess.

Did it stop him from playing the puck?

Don't think so but how this is any different from that Matthews goal that actually cost Toronto point (s), I'm not really sure.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
I dunno I'm torn here. The old school hockey me says good goal. It does look bad with Pageau driving in hard like he did... But the puck was surely free so...

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
One way to fix it would be to bring back the skate in the crease rule.

Naw, the best thing to do is less, not more.

There used to be like one or two goalie interference controversies a year before the NHL decided to "fix" the problem. If there is obvious interference that prevented the goalie from making the save it should be obvious. To many slight brushes and seconds after nonsense going on.

Reactions: Vertain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->