hopefully some new hope....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanny MacDonald*

I call BS. This guy has floated more garbage that has got the fans hopes up than anyone around. He is not reputable.

:shakehead

The Maltais Falcon

Jan 9, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Why do people always say "this guy is usually right" about that hockeyrumors site?

Oh wait, a new user started this thread ... nevermind! That's not the least bit suspicious. (Like I should talk!)

Anyways, casting aside the uselessness of hockeyrumors.blogspot, I call BS simply because of the wording of the supposed e-mail in that article. There's no way one side would "beg" the other to do something in this dispute.

islanders1940

Jan 9, 2005
long island,ny
ok by the way im a new user because of this websites restrictions, if you know what i mean...it is probably bs...but this guy has been right before....we might as well hope..what else do we have left to do? :dunno:

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
The Iconoclast said:
I call BS. This guy has floated more garbage that has got the fans hopes up than anyone around. He is not reputable.

:shakehead
well look at that, something we agree on.

if there was ANY merit to this story, it would have been picked up by TSN by now. seriously, he got the story but TSN didnt ?

ya right.

dr

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
It makes sense that Bettman would offer such an ultimatum now. He may not have a stronger position again for quite some time as he does right now. The players want to play. All sorts of contingency plans have no doubt been discussed. Its up to the players to decide if they want to get it over with.

Now is one of the big pressure points hence all the hardlining. They can either say bite me Bettman, or work out a deal they can live with. THey are going to get railroaded into a bad deal. For the long term good of hockey players and all major league cba's, (im sure mlbpa will be hoping they take the righteous stand as they are right) they will be better off to make this sacrifice now. It is a fight in which they are on the side of right. But that means no hockey.

The owners dont want to cancel the season either. They are flushing their businesses. The time is ripe for a compromise. We know the players want one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->