Toronto FC: HOME OPENER Sunday, May 10, 2015 AT 5PM Toronto FC Vs Houston On TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Anyway, can we get back to soccer please?

Anyone know how Defoe has done since he's left? How did the team look on Sunday?

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Ya let's go beat beat some kids and harass some women boys - get back to the old ways - when men were men.:shakehead

This is not harassing women and i'm condemning the action. So what are you trying to say?

The guy in the glasses screwed up. He seemed intoxicated and it's some stupid viral slang. He thought it be appropriate/funny because it's been done thousands of times but it's not and a good message was sent. But the thing is... he DIDN'T EVEN SAY IT! The guy in the yellow, a little more at fault... I mean it's pretty stupid to circle back around to share those remarks on live TV.

Bottom line, not harassment. There was no intent to put down the reporter and hurt her feelings. Maybe they did and for that they should be charged... The public shaming is extreme. It's "safety in the herd" mentality to go after these guys and shame them. Logically break down the situation and consider if this is seriously getting out of hand.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
My Thoughts;

- The firing was ridiculous. The company is simply trying to take advantage of the good PR
- The news company is also taking advantage of this. All do. However, this one is taking it to a whole new level.
- This wasn't sexual harassment. There was no one being sexually harassed. The phrase doesn't specifically mention anyone particular. It's not directed at the reporter. Is it idiotic? Yes. Is it sexual harrassment? No. (Well, I mean, it's on the line. I'm sure there is a way to spin it into harassment, but it's in no way meant to be harrassment, and by the majority, up until now, hasn't. I mean, the views these things get, especially the three(?) times the original guy did it
- These 3 people are taking the fall for every idiotic person who has done it. Which quite frankly, is wrong.
- Some people took this to a sexist place, when it was simply a drunken guy, doing a drunken idiotic thing.

None of this is a surprise though. It was bound to happen. The world these days literally can't handle anything. It's quite pathetic.

I mean, we are now trying to remove and prevent any sort of physicality to youth. No one seems to realize that physicality is a good things.

Same with trying to reward every kid. Reducing the winning and losing aspect of life. Kids are no longer challenged to find what they are good at, because they are told "they are all winners, and are all good".

LOL. This is beyond laughable. You typed this without smiling?

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
also, to the poster saying that women don't find this funny, than why are there several videos of women saying this phrase?

BECAUSE ITS JUST A STUPID VIRAL PHRASE THAT BOTH MALE AND FEMALES SAY TO LIVE CAMERAS

Jesus Christ.

It's public disturbance. Charge the two guys, and drop it. The reporter should have just ended the segment, and dealt with it off camera. Get security/police that are outside of the stadium to grab the guys.

SO because you found videos on the internet of women saying this phrase it's okay? A viral phrase? Give me a break. I'm sure you can justify any phrase said to anyone then.

Also its obvious the reporter didn't find it funny, the men had an opportunity to apologize yet they didn't.

I'm glad one of the men is facing the consequences he so rightfully deserve

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
This is more offensive than anything.

He agreed with a post saying that it was an idiotic action that has been overblown.

You call him a kid beater, and someone who harasses women.

Nice post. Bravo.

Gawker Activism at its finest

Someone disagrees with you? Make glib hyperbolic arguments to attempt to shame them!

This reporter (and that other Amy girl from City TV who tried to publicly hunt down their girlfriends/mothers even though she herself got fired from CTV for saying Affirmative Action is a terrible idea on air) have done a fantastic job of promoting their careers to the social media justice crowd. And then in a week everyone some other stupid thing will show up and everyone will forget the names of everyone involved but some random guy who made a really dumb comment about vibrators while drunk pretty much has his life ruined.

Well done, I guess?

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
"Time to see how my fellow Leaf fans and Toronto residents feel about the TFC incident from Sunday."

-reads thread-

polls_computer_out_window.jpg_4257_840365.jpeg_poll_xlarge.jpeg

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
There are a bunch of dopes around it seems. Sounds like a lot guys think this type of crap is ok. #BigotryisaliveandwellinT.O.

Jesus christ man keep spinning your garbage. No one has stated that these morons shouldn't be charged but instead don't ruin their lives and constantly hunt them down because of 1 moronic thing said on TV while drunk.

In the grand scheme of things this is nothing. The treatment they are getting is over the top.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Jesus christ man keep spinning your garbage. No one has stated that these morons shouldn't be charged but instead don't ruin their lives and constantly hunt them down because of 1 moronic thing said on TV while drunk.

In the grand scheme of things this is nothing. The treatment they are getting is over the top.

I think there's education needed about what is proper and legal regarding how women have a right to be treated.

I am glad that you don't think it's ok to denigrate women. We agree on that. The consequences of denigrating women is where we differ I guess.

I think it's best if both sides here stop fighting cause it's going nowhere. There are only 22 posts left for us to try and convince each other.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
I think there's education needed about what is proper and legal regarding how women have a right to be treated.

I am glad that you don't think it's ok to denigrate women. We agree on that. The consequences of denigrating women is where we differ I guess.

I think it's best if both sides here stop fighting cause it's going nowhere. There are only 22 posts left for us to try and convince each other.

True, agree to disagree. :laugh:

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Gawker Activism at its finest

Someone disagrees with you? Make glib hyperbolic arguments to attempt to shame them!

This reporter (and that other Amy girl from City TV who tried to publicly hunt down their girlfriends/mothers even though she herself got fired from CTV for saying Affirmative Action is a terrible idea on air) have done a fantastic job of promoting their careers to the social media justice crowd. And then in a week everyone some other stupid thing will show up and everyone will forget the names of everyone involved but some random guy who made a really dumb comment about vibrators while drunk pretty much has his life ruined.

Well done, I guess?

Avery Haines is the female reporter from City TV who tried to publicly hunt down their girlfriends/mothers even though she herself got fired from CTV for saying Affirmative Action is a terrible idea on air).

b3de422c48fca835f3dfad4e61ab.jpeg

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Avery Haines is the female reporter from City TV who tried to publicly hunt down their girlfriends/mothers even though she herself got fired from CTV for saying Affirmative Action is a terrible idea on air).

b3de422c48fca835f3dfad4e61ab.jpeg

jumping on these guys is far to easy. I would say the amount of negativity directed towards these guys is far worse then what there intentions were. some of it on social media is bordering on hate crime. What do they want from these guys? Completely dehumanize them and take away all there rights? wow.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

Yeah..."saying Affirmative Action is a terrible idea on air" is NOT why she was fired. She made a joke referencing AA/diversity hires while taping a segment and a technician "accidentally" ran that tape on air instead of the proper one.

From wikipedia....

On 15 January 2000, working a shift for the news channel, Haines made a mistake with a line while taping a report introduction. After regaining her composure, she joked:

“ I kind of like the little stuttering thing. It's like equal opportunity, right? We've got a stuttering newscaster. We've got the black, we've got the Asian, we've got the woman. I could be a lesbian, folk-dancing, black woman stutterer. What's that? In a wheelchair ... with a gimping, rubber legs. Yeah, really. I'd have a successful career, let me tell you.[1] â€
However, the camera was still on. Haines retaped the segment, but later that day, a CTV technician mistakenly aired the tape which included the error and the comment.

On 17 January, Haines was fired from CTV Newsnet after her comments sparked controversy. The unnamed technician was suspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad