Toronto FC: HOME OPENER Sunday, May 10, 2015 AT 5PM Toronto FC Vs Houston On TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Which is fine like I said to charge them for the dumb phrase but to literally have a 'witch hunt' for these guys and try to have them all fired from their jobs is ridiculous. From what I know there was 2 guys who said anything. Charge them both and let the guy who said the vibrator comment get fired. Leave it be after that. No need to ruin their lives and their families for a relatively harmless crime.

If it is ok to witch hunt athletes and celebs and everyone else who puts themselves in the public eye, then it is okay for these guys. They literally put themselves out there to be judged funny but were judged as fails. This is the power of social media which they were so blatantly trying to abuse

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I know plenty of women who found the FHRITHP stuff funny.

Feminists seem to want equality, but I really don't think they do. They want special treatment.

There are some pretty awful stuff me and my buddies (and every group of guys) say to each other, but it's simply us messing with it. When I say "**** You" to a buddy, it doesn't mean I'm threatening to actually **** him.

Guys say stupid ****. It's been done time and time again. There have been both female and male reporters who have had this done to them.

Yet this is a sexist issue? Please.

The whole thing is specific and deliberately about sex - about the insertion of something in a female body part - what about this is not sexist?

Women do not find this funny. This reporter certainly did not find it funny. Why are peeps defending these creepy guys? Are these guys normal? Is this what guys are like in Toronto? I'm serious. Is this normal?

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
The whole thing is specific and deliberately about sex - about the insertion of something in a female body part - what about this is not sexist?

Women do not find this funny. This reporter certainly did not find it funny. Why are peeps defending these creepy guys? Are these guys normal? Is this what guys are like in Toronto? I'm serious. Is this normal?

Some people just think that because they aren't offended or threatened by something than nobody else should be either.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
This is simply public disturbance.

Trying to turn this into a sexual harassment, feminist/sexism issue is just stupid.

These guys are idiots. No one is arguing that. But this is being blown WAY out of proportion by this internet mob factor, that think everything is the end of the world.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Also, I'll say it. The reporter is at fault too. She grabbed clear drunk fans to do a live segment. That's the worst thing you can do.

She also turned this from another simple idiotic thing that should be properly just brushed aside and moved on from, into an entire story. Going and confronting everyone that laughed at the stuff.

Very true, just looking at the first guy are you can clearly tell he is drunk.

Then she goes over to the guys laughing and tries to talk to them too. Sorry but that is on her and she should actually be talked to for that. She doesn't really have the right either to tell people what they find funny or not and question them about it. Sure they look like *******s but nothing more than that.

Can't guarantee if I was drunk I wouldn't laugh if he had said that either. Heck, even sober. And no I wouldn't be laughing at the actual phrase but the fact that someone was stupid enough to say that. I'd laugh if someone dropped an F bomb on live TV right beside me.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie

Trying to turn this into a sexual harassment, feminist/sexism issue is just stupid.

These guys are idiots. No one is arguing that. But this is being blown WAY out of proportion by this internet mob factor, that think everything is the end of the world.

You keep saying that but you have not defended it in anyway. As far as I'm concerned, its a bigoted opinion equivalent to how people try to defend racism and anti-Semitism.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON

+1.

I now want to see a man/woman say "**** him right in the ***" and see the reaction it draws up. Willing to bet nothing.

Just another example of how people are offended by everything in life. Charge them, don't ruin their lives.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Also, I'll say it. The reporter is at fault too. She grabbed clear drunk fans to do a live segment. That's the worst thing you can do.

She also turned this from another simple idiotic thing that should be properly just brushed aside and moved on from, into an entire story. Going and confronting everyone that laughed at the stuff.

So what is being said here is that it's normal to be harassed on the job by drunk misogynist men and that to challenge that is bad. She should have just carried on with the interview and braced herself for the next drunk guys antics. I get it. Put up with it and stop complaining. If you complain you are a miserable feminist. Glad I'm not a woman in that world. Fortunately, we are not in the 1800's anymore and women do not have to put up with sexual harassment - by drunk, sober, or otherwise twisted individuals.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

This is what the majority of guys are like everywhere. Like I said, we say stupid ****, all the time. Guys talk about sex. They talk about food, and sex. And then interest, whether it be sports, music, politics, the weather. However, 99% of the time, cameras aren't on us.

Women have found this funny. You can't speak for an entire gender. I'm sure some women, and even some men, have found this unfunny. However, some women, and some men, have found this funny

These guys aren't creepy. They are drunken idiots who got asked to go on live TV. They likely have seen what tons of people have done, likely recently, and thought it was funny to do it themselves.

It's idiotic. But there's no sexual harassment involved, no matter how much people want to sway it that way. This whole "just because some people aren't offended doesn't mean others can't be" works in the opposite direction. Just because you are offended, why do I have to be? Especially when it comes to a simple drunk guy saying an idiotic thing? It happens every minute.

No, this isn't a sexist issue. Unless a person finds sex degrading to women, there is no possible way this is a sexist issue. Not like female reporters are being targeted either. As it's almost 50/50 between male and female reporters.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So what is being said here is that it's normal to be harassed on the job by drunk misogynist men and that to challenge that is bad. She should have just carried on with the interview and braced herself for the next drunk guys antics. I get it. Put up with it and stop complaining. If you complain you are a miserable feminist. Glad I'm not a woman in that world. Fortunately, we are not in the 1800's anymore and women do not have to put up with sexual harassment - by drunk, sober, or otherwise twisted individuals.

Yes, exactly what I'm saying. Bravo.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON

Actually no. She went after the guys who didn't even say anything and were laughing.

She should have ignored that or dealt with it off air. There is absolutely nothing wrong with laughing at something you find funny. Deal with the moron who said it, not his friends who were laughing at him being a dumbass. That is one is on her. I fully believe that she deserves a talking to from someone higher up on how she handled the other morons.

She doesn't confront them then only one moron is an issue.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
You keep saying that but you have not defended it in anyway. As far as I'm concerned, its a bigoted opinion equivalent to how people try to defend racism and anti-Semitism.

Honestly, defended what? What do I need to defend.

One side is thinking it's sexist, and sexual harrassment, and making a big deal

The other side thinks it's idiotic and stupid, and for that reason, laughs at it, and moves on with their lives

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
This is what the majority of guys are like everywhere. Like I said, we say stupid ****, all the time. Guys talk about sex. They talk about food, and sex. And then interest, whether it be sports, music, politics, the weather. However, 99% of the time, cameras aren't on us.

Women have found this funny. You can't speak for an entire gender. I'm sure some women, and even some men, have found this unfunny. However, some women, and some men, have found this funny

These guys aren't creepy. They are drunken idiots who got asked to go on live TV. They likely have seen what tons of people have done, likely recently, and thought it was funny to do it themselves.

It's idiotic. But there's no sexual harassment involved, no matter how much people want to sway it that way. This whole "just because some people aren't offended doesn't mean others can't be" works in the opposite direction. Just because you are offended, why do I have to be? Especially when it comes to a simple drunk guy saying an idiotic thing? It happens every minute.

No, this isn't a sexist issue. Unless a person finds sex degrading to women, there is no possible way this is a sexist issue. Not like female reporters are being targeted either. As it's almost 50/50 between male and female reporters.

I better not hear the terms "suck a ****", "kiss my ***", "**** you", "eat a ****", "p****", "d***", "**** her right in the *****", you got ****ed in the ***" again. If that phrase is an issue than all others should be too.

Although I doubt it ever will be because the majority of those targeted with those sayings are men.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Honestly, defended what? What do I need to defend.

One side is thinking it's sexist, and sexual harrassment, and making a big deal

The other side thinks it's idiotic and stupid, and for that reason, laughs at it, and moves on with their lives

This is very true. No one is arguing that it doesn't deserve to be a charge just don't ruin their lives and make this a sexist issue.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
also, to the poster saying that women don't find this funny, than why are there several videos of women saying this phrase?

BECAUSE ITS JUST A STUPID VIRAL PHRASE THAT BOTH MALE AND FEMALES SAY TO LIVE CAMERAS

Jesus Christ.

It's public disturbance. Charge the two guys, and drop it. The reporter should have just ended the segment, and dealt with it off camera. Get security/police that are outside of the stadium to grab the guys.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Why did the reporter ask the laughing gang why they agreed with something that was
"degrading to women"?

She asked him "where you waiting around to get a chance to say the same thing"? He answered "Yes"

If she found it degrading to women (her) and it was done to her without her permission - does that not constitute abuse?

She didn't find it funny. Is it still a joke?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If this is sexual harassment, then stand up comedians shouldn't exist and all should be put in jail. Also, the government should bug every phone line, and every single home, office, and school. Anyone who crosses any line should be arrested and put in jail.

Humbug.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
also, to the poster saying that women don't find this funny, than why are there several videos of women saying this phrase?

BECAUSE ITS JUST A STUPID VIRAL PHRASE THAT BOTH MALE AND FEMALES SAY TO LIVE CAMERAS

Jesus Christ.

It's public disturbance. Charge the two guys, and drop it. The reporter should have just ended the segment, and dealt with it off camera. Get security/police that are outside of the stadium to grab the guys.

Just admit that it was sexual harassment please. You can say it is a commonly practiced form of sexual harassment if you like but please admit that you understand the law. Then I will drop it. I don't take violence towards women lightly and this is a form of violence whether it is a viral YOUTUBE prank or not it is degrading to women.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
My Thoughts;

- The firing was ridiculous. The company is simply trying to take advantage of the good PR
- The news company is also taking advantage of this. All do. However, this one is taking it to a whole new level.
- This wasn't sexual harassment. There was no one being sexually harassed. The phrase doesn't specifically mention anyone particular. It's not directed at the reporter. Is it idiotic? Yes. Is it sexual harrassment? No. (Well, I mean, it's on the line. I'm sure there is a way to spin it into harassment, but it's in no way meant to be harrassment, and by the majority, up until now, hasn't. I mean, the views these things get, especially the three(?) times the original guy did it
- These 3 people are taking the fall for every idiotic person who has done it. Which quite frankly, is wrong.
- Some people took this to a sexist place, when it was simply a drunken guy, doing a drunken idiotic thing.

None of this is a surprise though. It was bound to happen. The world these days literally can't handle anything. It's quite pathetic.

I mean, we are now trying to remove and prevent any sort of physicality to youth. No one seems to realize that physicality is a good things.

Same with trying to reward every kid. Reducing the winning and losing aspect of life. Kids are no longer challenged to find what they are good at, because they are told "they are all winners, and are all good".

VERYYYYYY good post man! agree x 1000. well done sir

this is what happens when your in Group think and you **** up

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Just admit that it was sexual harassment please. You can say it is a commonly practiced form of sexual harassment if you like but please admit that you understand the law. Then I will drop it. I don't take violence towards women lightly and this is a form of violence whether it is a viral YOUTUBE prank or not it is degrading to women.

I'll say this.

Some women find it offensive and degrading.

Some women find the humor in it, and some have even said the phrase to live cameras themselves.

Until a FHRITP specific issue it taking in front of a judge, and specified as sexual harassment in the court's eyes, then no one can say whether it is or whether it isn't.

At this point, this is nothing more than what stand up comedians do.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Why did the reporter ask the laughing gang why they agreed with something that was
"degrading to women"?

She asked him "where you waiting around to get a chance to say the same thing"? He answered "Yes"

If she found it degrading to women (her) and it was done to her without her permission - does that not constitute abuse?

She didn't find it funny. Is it still a joke?

Nice quoting there, she asked "were you guys waiting around see if you could FHRITP live on TV" which could easily be understood as "were you waiting to see if he was going to say FHRITP live on TV". If she had clearly asked if he was going to I would agree but she didn't.

Again, no one is arguing that they shouldn't be charged for swearing on TV. Thats it. I don't think people she would charged for saying sexist/racist/antisemetic things. Are they *******s? Sure.

She should not have approached that group at all. That was dumb on her part regardless of what you say. Just provoking the drunk crowd.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Ya let's go beat beat some kids and harass some women boys - get back to the old ways - when men were men.:shakehead

Yes because that is what he said...

But the guy in the glasses when questioned voluntarily said it was great and he agreed with it. It was a gang raipe mentality. Good thing there were lots people around or who knows what they would have done to her. You think 'm exaggerating? Women are raiped around this city by gangs of men - I was in university with a girl who fought to bring them all to justice which she did. It happens - don't pretend it doesn't and don't pretend the anger directed at that reporter was a joke.

You really like spinning things don't you? Claiming that these men were going to gang **** her too.

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
Turning everything into violence against women, or ****, makes it more difficult for real victims to be taken seriously.
You sound like you would agree with this video
video: https://youtu.be/oWaCMel2FLg

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Ya let's go beat beat some kids and harass some women boys - get back to the old ways - when men were men.:shakehead

This is more offensive than anything.

He agreed with a post saying that it was an idiotic action that has been overblown.

You call him a kid beater, and someone who harasses women.

Nice post. Bravo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad