Toronto FC: HOME OPENER Sunday, May 10, 2015 AT 5PM Toronto FC Vs Houston On TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON

The guy that got fired was the one with the glasses she went up to and questioned right? Ya he doesn't deserve to be fired.

Justice has been served. They have been publicly shamed, throw a fine at them if it needs be. It wasn't an attack at her but a stupid drunk joke. Search yt and you will find a ton of them.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
This is so wrong dude.

Seriously I want you to lay down a solid defense of that statement.

Was it a sexual statement? Yes.

Was it harassment? Clearly yes.

The bully doesn't get to claim no crime was committed because they are okay with what happened.

I really question what the reaction would have been if a female had said a similar phrase. I doubt there is any reaction at all.

Are they stupid? Yes.
Should people say its sexual harassment? No.

This situation shows another problem with society. Literally ruin peoples lives over idiotic things. Give them a nice sized charge and we will be fine. $1000 teaches a lesson.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Justice has been served. They have been publicly shamed, throw a fine at them if it needs be. It wasn't an attack at her but a stupid drunk joke. Search yt and you will find a ton of them.

This is at least the second time I have read this excuse in the last few posts; that lots of people do it, therefore it shouldn't be a big deal. Do you not understand what is wrong with that rationale?....even if only from a logic perspective?

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
My Thoughts;

- The firing was ridiculous. The company is simply trying to take advantage of the good PR
- The news company is also taking advantage of this. All do. However, this one is taking it to a whole new level.
- This wasn't sexual harassment. There was no one being sexually harassed. The phrase doesn't specifically mention anyone particular. It's not directed at the reporter. Is it idiotic? Yes. Is it sexual harrassment? No. (Well, I mean, it's on the line. I'm sure there is a way to spin it into harassment, but it's in no way meant to be harrassment, and by the majority, up until now, hasn't. I mean, the views these things get, especially the three(?) times the original guy did it
- These 3 people are taking the fall for every idiotic person who has done it. Which quite frankly, is wrong.
- Some people took this to a sexist place, when it was simply a drunken guy, doing a drunken idiotic thing.

None of this is a surprise though. It was bound to happen. The world these days literally can't handle anything. It's quite pathetic.

I mean, we are now trying to remove and prevent any sort of physicality to youth. No one seems to realize that physicality is a good things.

Same with trying to reward every kid. Reducing the winning and losing aspect of life. Kids are no longer challenged to find what they are good at, because they are told "they are all winners, and are all good".

Sometimes I'm amazed at what people post on here. Guys this is serious. That woman was verbally harassed because she was a woman and because she represents females in jobs specifically reporters.

I don't think peeps understand what sexual harassment is. You can't know any women very well that's for sure. If the situation were reversed in multiple cities as the "FHRITP" is you guys would all be crying foul.

She really should charge each one of them and get this society and it freakin' louts straightened out before it gets any worse - this is pathetic.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
I don't understand the youtube logic at all. Its literally these sorts of things that has gotten the government focused on policing the net and given them cover to go further than they should.

Just because it's a meme doesn't somehow magically make it okay.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
This is at least the second time I have read this excuse in the last few posts; that lots of people do it, therefore it shouldn't be a big deal. Do you not understand what is wrong with that rationale?....even if only from a logic perspective?

Im not saying that as a reason why it is acceptable to do, just to argue that it isn't sexual harassment. That wasn't their intentions but it will be written as so.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Im not saying that as a reason why it is acceptable to do, just to argue that it isn't sexual harassment. That wasn't their intentions but it will be written as so.

It was 100% their intention.

The intention of the meme is to sexually harass female reporters for laughs

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Sometimes I'm amazed at what people post on here. Guys this is serious. That woman was verbally harassed because she was a woman and because she represents females in jobs specifically reporters.

I don't think peeps understand what sexual harassment is. You can't know any women very well that's for sure. If the situation were reversed in multiple cities as the "FHRITP" is you guys would all be crying foul.

She really should charge each one of them and get this society and it freakin' louts straightened out before it gets any worse - this is pathetic.

Its not that it is acceptable to say and not idiotic, just that I highly, highly doubt their was any intention of sexual harassment whatsoever. These guys were just trying to get big on Youtube. Punish them with charges, but don't ruin their lives because they were trying to be funny.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

CExvxScWIAEX-9k.jpg

CExvxSkWoAAMxBI.jpg

CExvxStW0AAQo4n.jpg

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara

The guy that got fired was the one with the glasses she went up to and questioned right? Ya he doesn't deserve to be fired.

No - the guy that got fired was the idiot that said it was a good thing she didn't get a ***** or vibrator shoved inside her.

But the guy in the glasses when questioned voluntarily said it was great and he agreed with it. It was a gang raipe mentality. Good thing there were lots people around or who knows what they would have done to her. You think 'm exaggerating? Women are raiped around this city by gangs of men - I was in university with a girl who fought to bring them all to justice which she did. It happens - don't pretend it doesn't and don't pretend the anger directed at that reporter was a joke.

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
It was 100% their intention.

The intention of the meme is to sexually harass female reporters for laughs

Its to mock the media. I'm pretty sure I have seen women say this phrase to reporters. Feminists and Social Justice Warriors will try to make things about them because they want to be victims.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON

More or less what I agree with, charge them or whatever is needed. Don't go trying to get them fired from their jobs or making it a bigger deal than need be.

Saying they are sexually harassing the reporter because they were trying to be funny is idiotic too. The reporter going over to the friends for laughing is just as stupid and trying to draw up a reaction.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Not surprised the PC nazis and feminists have turned FHRITP into an attack on them. In reality it is meant as a way to highlight what a pathetic joke the media has become. People like Jon Stewart wouldn't have the success he has if the media did its job. The media has turned news into a commodity. They have lost all respect and the way they present the "news" is more offensive, disrespectful, and harmful than mere words.

There are other, more productive ways of conveying that message.

When the topic of '**** culture' has become all the more prominent in our society, trends such as FHRITP just come off as immature and disrespectful. And the people caught on video here provide an example as to why you need to check yourself even when you're ****faced.

You provide Jon Stewart as an example as to why the media is a joke, when in reality he and many other comics make a living making fun a dumbasses like these.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

I know this phrase gets yelled at male reporters as well as generally any news camera near drunken louts, but it is an unquestionably an aggressive, mysoginistic phrase, and it isn't up to you or me to decide whether a person should internalize that phrase being yelled at them as sexual harassment.

Just because lots of losers are on YouTube yelling it doesn't mean a female reporter can't feel sexually harassed when a group of drunk men gather around to giggle while their friend yells it into her microphone.

It isn't up to the loser yelling "**** her right in the *****" to decide whether what they are doing is sexual harassment (and the same applies for any other crime that they might commit despite that not being "their intentions").

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
No - the guy that got fired was the idiot that said it was a good thing she didn't get a ***** or vibrator shoved inside her.

But the guy in the glasses when questioned voluntarily said it was great and he agreed with it. It was a gang raipe mentality. Good thing there were lots people around or who knows what they would have done to her. You think 'm exaggerating? Women are raiped around this city by gangs of men - I was in university with a girl who fought to bring them all to justice which she did. It happens - don't pretend it doesn't and don't pretend the anger directed at that reporter was a joke.

Ok I agree with that guy being fired then. That was even dumber.

Disagree with the second point, and honestly I find it stupid you even brought up gang ****. Actually now I think you are being sarcastic.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Thats funny because 50% of the videos are actually male reporters. Sure they were trying to sexually harass them instead of trying to be funny.

I don't think you understand.

It doesn't matter at all what they were trying to do. And it is still sexual harassment against those male reporters as well.

The reason this blew up is not because the reporter is a woman but because typically reporters try to be silent when these things happen but they do not have to take this garbage, man or woman. Obviously this has been simmering within the industry for a long time based on peoples reactions. Its like they all went "finally somebody said what we were all thinking".

They have every right, just like you or I, to not be harassed at work or anywhere.

Sexual harassment does not mean the person was trying to have sex with you when you didn't want it which is what it seems like you think it means. There is only harassment and then there is a list of things that pertain to that. One of them is sexual. That just means the words used were of a sexual nature which these clearly are.

LeafsTFC

Mar 3, 2011
The Annex
More or less what I agree with, charge them or whatever is needed. Don't go trying to get them fired from their jobs or making it a bigger deal than need be.

Do you think these companies would want to keep them employed if they were convicted of a crime? It's not fun to search for a job with a criminal record either

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I know plenty of women who found the FHRITHP stuff funny.

Feminists seem to want equality, but I really don't think they do. They want special treatment.

There are some pretty awful stuff me and my buddies (and every group of guys) say to each other, but it's simply us messing with it. When I say "**** You" to a buddy, it doesn't mean I'm threatening to actually **** him.

Guys say stupid ****. It's been done time and time again. There have been both female and male reporters who have had this done to them.

Yet this is a sexist issue? Please.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
I know this phrase gets yelled at male reporters as well as generally any news camera near drunken louts, but it is an unquestionably an aggressive, mysoginistic phrase, and it isn't up to you or me to decide whether a person should internalize that phrase being yelled at them as sexual harassment.

Just because lots of losers are on YouTube yelling it doesn't mean a female reporter can't feel sexually harassed when a group of drunk men gather around to giggle while their friend yells it into her microphone.

It isn't up to the loser yelling "**** her right in the *****" to decide whether what they are doing is sexual harassment (or any other crime that they might commit despite that not being "their intentions".

Fine, fair enough you stated quality arguments. Still don't find it acceptable to have these guys trending on twitter and a 'witch hunt' to find them all. The vibrator in ear guy was fired, that was fair he is a complete idiot. I wouldn't have anything more than a charge to the original FHRITP guy

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Not surprised the PC nazis and feminists have turned FHRITP into an attack on them. In reality it is meant as a way to highlight what a pathetic joke the media has become. People like Jon Stewart wouldn't have the success he has if the media did its job. The media has turned news into a commodity. They have lost all respect and the way they present the "news" is more offensive, disrespectful, and harmful than mere words.

PC nazis lol - is that what I am? F her right in the *****. Wow that is a very effective of highly how bad the media has become. I don't think anyone in their right mind or who isn't a bigot could ever come up with something that twisted.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie

Feminists seem to want equality, but I really don't think they do. They want special treatment.

There are some pretty awful stuff me and my buddies (and every group of guys) say to each other, but it's simply us messing with it. When I say "**** You" to a buddy, it doesn't mean I'm threatening to actually **** him.

Guys say stupid ****. It's been done time and time again. There have been both female and male reporters who have had this done to them.

None of what you says really matters at all tbh. You don't get to decide what someone else's threshold for harassment is and this isn't even anything close to a grey area tbh.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

Well you sure proved your point.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
I don't think you understand.

It doesn't matter at all what they were trying to do. And it is still sexual harassment against those male reporters as well.

The reason this blew up is not because the reporter is a woman but because typically reporters try to be silent when these things happen but they do not have to take this garbage, man or woman. Obviously this has been simmering within the industry for a long time based on peoples reactions. Its like they all went "finally somebody said what we were all thinking".

They have every right, just like you or I, to not be harassed at work or anywhere.

Sexual harassment does not mean the person was trying to have sex with you when you didn't want it which is what it seems like you think it means. There is only harassment and then there is a list of things that pertain to that. One of them is sexual. That just means the words used were of a sexual nature which these clearly are.

Which is fine like I said to charge them for the dumb phrase but to literally have a 'witch hunt' for these guys and try to have them all fired from their jobs is ridiculous. From what I know there was 2 guys who said anything. Charge them both and let the guy who said the vibrator comment get fired. Leave it be after that. No need to ruin their lives and their families for a relatively harmless crime.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Also, I'll say it. The reporter is at fault too. She grabbed clear drunk fans to do a live segment. That's the worst thing you can do.

She also turned this from another simple idiotic thing that should be properly just brushed aside and moved on from, into an entire story. Going and confronting everyone that laughed at the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad