Toronto FC: HOME OPENER Sunday, May 10, 2015 AT 5PM Toronto FC Vs Houston On TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathew

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
Saturday March 7 At 6PM Vancouver vs Toronto FC On TSN
Saturday, March 14, 2015 At 7:30PM Columbus VS Toronto FC On TSN2
Sunday, March 29, 2015 At 7PM Real Salt Lake VS Toronto FC On Sportsnet
Saturday, April 4, 2015 At 3PM Chicago VS Toronto FC On Sportnet 360
Saturday, April 18, 2015 At 8:30PM FC Dallas VS Toronto FC on TSN4
Sunday, April 26, 2015 At 7PM Orlando VS Toronto FC On TSN
Saturday, May 2, 2015 At 4PM Philly VS Toronto FC On TSN4
Sunday, May 10, 2015 AT 5PM Toronto FC Vs Houston On TSN
Saturday, May 16, 2015 At 7:30PM New England VS Toronto FC on Sportsnet 360
Saturday, May 23, 2015 AT 5PM Toronto FC VS Portland on TSN
Saturday, May 30, 2015 AT 5PM Toronto FC VS San Jose on TSN2
Saturday, June 6, 2015 AT 7PM D.C. United VS Toronto FC on Sportsnet 360
Saturday, June 20, 2015 AT 7PM Toronto FC vs New York City on Sportsnet 360
Wednesday, June 24, 2015 AT 8PM Toronto FC VS Montreal On TSN
Saturday, June 27, 2015 AT 5PM Toronto FC VS DC United on Sportsnet 360
Saturday, July 4, 2015 AT 10:30PM LA Galaxy VS Toronto FC On Sportsnet 360
Sunday, July 12, 2015 AT 5PM New York City VS Toronto FC On TSN
Saturday, July 18, 2015 AT 4PM Toronto FC VS Philly On TSN
Saturday, July 25, 2015 AT 7:30PM Columbus VS Toronto FC On Sportsnet660
Saturday, August 1, 2015 AT 7:30PM New England Vs Toronto FC On Sportsnet 360
Wednesday, August 5, 2015 AT 8PM Toronto FC VS Orlando On TSN
Saturday, August 8, 2015 AT 4PM Toronto FC VS Sporting KC On TSn
Saturday, August 15, 2015 AT 7PM Red Bulls VS Toronto FC On TSN2
Saturday, August 22, 2015 AT 4PM Toronto FC VS Orlando on TSN
Saturday, August 29, 2015 AT 4PM Toronto FC VS Montreal On TSN
Saturday, September 5, 2015 AT 10PM Seattle Vs Toronto FC on TSN2
Sunday, September 13, 2015 AT 5PM Toronto FC Vs New England ON Sportsnet360
Wednesday, September 16, 2015 AT 7PM New York City Vs Toronto FC on TSN
Saturday, September 19, 2015 AT 2PM Toronto FC Vs Colorado On TSN
Saturday, September 26, 2015 AT 2PM Toronto FC VS Chicago On TSN
Saturday, October 3, 2015 AT 5PM Toronto FC VS Philly On Sportsnet 360
Wednesday, October 14, 2015 AT 7PM Toronto FC VS Red Bulls on TSN
Saturday, October 17, 2015 AT 2PM Toronto FC Vs COmlumbus on TSN
Sunday, October 25, 2015 AT 5PM Montreal Vs Toronto FC on TSN2

Last edited:

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
So We have Altidore then we don't, we have him, yes WE HAVE him. Ok good to know. I should probably just wait until tomorrow for the dust to settle.

Giovinco of Juventus close to a deal with Toronto FC or AS Monaco depending on who you listen too.

Mathew

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
So far what's Happening today
Defoe sold to Sunderland for 11mil we should get 650k back in allocation,

Altidore rumored to sign with tfc, also rumored to be part of the defoe deal, no one knows for sure yet, Some say Altidore will have to go through the allocation order,

As of right now rumors are Giovinco
Gareth Wheeler ‏@WheelerTSN 17m17 minutes ago
The 27 year old Italian is closing on terms that would bring him to #TFC and #MLS -

Rumors are the deal is close,

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton

Corrupt League at it's finest. Can't say I mind though :D

It'll be very interesting to see what other players TFC acquire and what the roster will be lake come July (When we would get Giovinco if these rumours are true). Keep in mind, we've got three 1st round draft picks, and a ton of allocation money. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here, but there are also rumours TFC is interested in signing a Polish International CB, Damien Perquis.

Right now we have:
FWD:
Altidore**
Gilberto
Moore
Dike
Hamilton

MFD
Giovinco** (Can play FWD too)
Bradley
Osorio
Warner
Jackson
Oduro
Findley
Lovitz
Creavalle
Bekker

D - Very Shallow at the moment
Perquis**
Morrow
Caldwell
Bloom
Haglund
Morgan

GK
Bendik
Konopka
Roberts

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Damien Perquis wrote the following on his website in spanish the other day. I used Google translator.

Good afternoon everyone ,

As you know , the sporting situation in which I find is now difficult . However, I would like to clarify this issue either by my own words. I have heard here and there that want to go and leave the Betis . How could he say that when I am under contract with the club , and I owe respect and work ?
Anyone who knows me , knows I'm not a deceptive person and I always give the maximum of myself wherever you are . And at age 30 I am not going to change.
My situation is difficult. I'm playing little and like other player would do , I say . For the good of all , let us seek and find the best solution . And if leave is not the solution for my future, then I'll be happy to stay and fight to earn a spot on this team. I help my team up , no matter which way I'll be there .
When the situation becomes clearer I will inform you of the results and progress .

Incodicional Thanks for your support and your understanding.

Damien

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
they are selling the guy they JUST got last year that was supposed to make tfc all awesome? (sigh)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
yes trade someone who was a decent european player for some random nobody

jajajajajajajajajajajajaajaja

Jozy isn't a nobody.

Plus, we are going after a somebody, and it might be fair to say Gio is a better player than Defoe, and plays midfield.

Our mid to front is going to arguably be the best in the league.

We just need to try and upgrade our back now.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
Jozy isn't a nobody.

Plus, we are going after a somebody, and it might be fair to say Gio is a better player than Defoe, and plays midfield.

Our mid to front is going to arguably be the best in the league.

We just need to try and upgrade our back now.

Not sure if this is a Leafs thread or a TFC thread... :laugh:

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Not sure if this is a Leafs thread or a TFC thread... :laugh:

Good thing is it's a lot easier to get a good centerback in soccer than to have to trade something good for a good D in hockey

Anyway Duane Rollins who is pretty reliable normally is saying that the total for Defoe comes out to 10 million pounds worth. So Altidore's value which is probably around 5m means that TFC also got 5 million pounds which is 9 million CDN dollars. That's a pretty big return for a player we were forced to sell.

Also the draft is tomorrow... TFC has 3 first round picks and 2 2nd round picks

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Good thing is it's a lot easier to get a good centerback in soccer than to have to trade something good for a good D in hockey

Anyway Duane Rollins who is pretty reliable normally is saying that the total for Defoe comes out to 10 million pounds worth. So Altidore's value which is probably around 5m means that TFC also got 5 million pounds which is 9 million CDN dollars. That's a pretty big return for a player we were forced to sell.

Also the draft is tomorrow... TFC has 3 first round picks and 2 2nd round picks

Damn. Tim Murray would be proud.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
I know nothing abut MLS/soccer and I am not gonna pretend to know either, but wasn't Dafoe supposed to make TFC title contenders or something? Lieweke spewed all this BS about how good TFC was gonna be.

He has been all talk since he got here aside from turning the Raptors around although I credit that more to Masai

SenorDingDong

Apr 1, 2006
Toronto
I know nothing abut MLS/soccer and I am not gonna pretend to know either, but wasn't Dafoe supposed to make TFC title contenders or something? Lieweke spewed all this BS about how good TFC was gonna be.

He has been all talk since he got here aside from turning the Raptors around although I credit that more to Masai

This is why you shouldn't comment then.

Defoe forced his way out and gave TFC no choice but to sell him.

He spent the second half of the season back in England nursing an injury and then training with Tottenham when he should have been back with TFC. There was a big drama about it, but he made it damn clear he wanted to go back to England. (apparently his mother did not like living in Canada and made sure Jermain went back to England, even making back door deals with English teams whilst he was still playing here).

While he was playing he was great and TFC did way better last summer then in prior years. Lieweke has been amazing at bringing in big names to Toronto. If the players come here and then decide they don't want to be here there is not much he can do. Selling him for 11 million + getting Jozy Altidore back is actually a fantastic return for TFC given they only paid 10 million to get him.

Mathew

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
Kristian Jack‏@KristianJack 1m1 minute ago Jermain Defoe has passed his medical at Sunderland. The move is now complete.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Well Sunderland....Dafoe passed his medical...that is a bloody big deal. :sarcasm:

Now we just have to wait for MLS to decide what to tell the public regarding Altidore, TFC and the allocation process. Literally... like that's literally what we're waiting on now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad