GDT: Home Cooking | Buffalo @ Columbus | 7 PM EST

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I usually avoid listening to Vincent speak but Im curious to hear this one now. Man I cant wait until we have an actual overhaul

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Last year at this point: 18-34-4
This season: 18-28-10

This team has gotten all of six OTLs better vs last year.

No three game win streak since March of 2022.

Two sets of back-to-back wins all season, none since U.S. Thanksgiving.

And this isn't a tank?

Reactions: koteka and MAHJ71

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
I usually avoid listening to Vincent speak but Im curious to hear this one now. Man I cant wait until we have an actual overhaul
He was taken back by the question "seems like this was the most noticeable game KJ had in awhile" and Pascal retorted "What did you see?" . It was a very confrontational tone.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Need Vronk to get back to the rough and tough I'm way bigger than you Vronk.

Hats of to Tarasov, though there were several times tonight he got so far out of the net I thought it was Elvis..

Not sure what to make of KJ. He's not hit the Torts-Bjorkstrand development stage where he's learned to not get crushed every shift and consistently battles hard for pucks.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Yeah Vincent is a clown. Cant stand listening to the dude speak or watch his coaching, 2 coaching duds in a row. Shame Babcock couldnt help himself from being a dumbass

Reactions: Iron Balls McGinty

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Pascal Vincent does not like KJ, at least going off his postgame presser.
The initial answer was a little snarky from Pascal.

Reporter says KJ looked pretty good, asks Pascal what he thinks.

Pazzy: “What did you see?”

Next reporter lauds Daniil’s play but qualifies “I’m no goalie expert.”

I laughed.

Best one was his answer to a question about shots needing to hit the net.

“Yeah that’d be great.”

I’m not saying these are great answers. I’m saying they made me laugh.

He also went out of his way to lay blame at “execution” not “schematics.”

Reactions: Cowumbus

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The initial answer was a little snarky from Pascal.

Reporter says KJ looked pretty good, asks Pascal what he thinks.

Pazzy: “What did you see?”

Next reporter lauds Daniil’s play but qualifies “I’m no goalie expert.”

I laughed.

Best one was his answer to a question about shots needing to hit the net.

“Yeah that’d be great.”

I’m not saying these are great answers. I’m saying they made me laugh.

He also went out of his way to lay blame at “execution” not “schematics.”

This just sounds to me like an average Torts presser.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
He was taken back by the question "seems like this was the most noticeable game KJ had in awhile" and Pascal retorted "What did you see?" . It was a very confrontational tone.
I was there and I saw KJ making some nice passes the guys couldn't finish. And I'm not a hockey coach.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
This was one of the worst games I have ever seen this team play. Except for the Russian line, the entire team seemed listless and disengaged. I mean , WOW. Are these guys checking out for the season ??? But for Tarasov's exceptional play the score could have easily been 6-1. This was really bad.

Reactions: We Want Ten

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Need Vronk to get back to the rough and tough I'm way bigger than you Vronk.

Hats of to Tarasov, though there were several times tonight he got so far out of the net I thought it was Elvis..

Not sure what to make of KJ. He's not hit the Torts-Bjorkstrand development stage where he's learned to not get crushed every shift and consistently battles hard for pucks.
Agree KJ has not hit the next step in the Bjorkstrand development; and most certainly Vincent is no Torts.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
This was one of the worst games I have ever seen this team play. Except for the Russian line, the entire team seemed listless and disengaged. I mean , WOW. Are these guys checking out for the season ???

But we have awesome leadership. Just ask them. :popcorn:

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017

Agree KJ has not hit the next step in the Bjorkstrand development; and most certainly Vincent is no Torts.
Johnson has had nothing close to the development Bjorkstrand did as far as getting sent down. Bjorkstrand was sent down early, called up for a couple games, either to fill in for an injury or gauge his progress, then sent back down for a while. He played 37 games for the Monsters that year, more games than he did in the NHL.

Johnson was sent down, put some points up, and after 10 games, it was decided that was good enough. He really didn't spend much time here, and obviously didn't round out his game like Bjorkstrand did. Not really sure why they sent him here in the first place, or whose call it was to send him down or call him back.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
MM, not in terms of effort. This was one of their most lackadaisical showings. Even they were down by only one, it seemed clear to me that there was no chance whatsoever that they would get the tying goal.

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
Your memory is failing you. The Jackets have played many games far worse than this one. Every team has.
The first period they played pretty good but then again it felt like the russians were out there every other line change and were on!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad