Value of: Holtby to Philadelphia

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Why would they target such a big name goaltender when they have Hart in the pipeline? Better off targeting a lesser guy and rolling with Elliott-xx
Because Holtby has 2 years left on his deal. Hart to the AHL next year, Hart splits time in year 2. Holtby is the perfect bridge. Holtby would be an expected upgrade to Elliott. Of course, the price would have to be right, and it probably won't be.

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
Holtby is simply not the solution for us. The Rangers are going to have an interesting goalie situation. I am wondering about that Georgiev kid. I would give them Andy MacDonald for him, and see what happens. I am kidding, we couldn't give MacDonald away for free. But my point stands.

Reactions: Larry44

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Because Holtby has 2 years left on his deal. Hart to the AHL next year, Hart splits time in year 2. Holtby is the perfect bridge. Holtby would be an expected upgrade to Elliott. Of course, the price would have to be right, and it probably won't be.
For the Flyers? It definitely won't be.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Holtby is simply not the solution for us. The Rangers are going to have an interesting goalie situation. I am wondering about that Georgiev kid. I would give them Andy MacDonald for him, and see what happens. I am kidding, we couldn't give MacDonald away for free. But my point stands.
You are aware that Georgiev is ~500 in the AHL with a ~3GAA and ~0.900Sv% correct? I'm not sure he's an upgrade on Mrazek.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Watching the game today, and thinking that a good goalie would make a HUGE difference. Maybe Holtby to the Flyers is not such a bad idea after all. Maybe with a change of scenery, Holtby re-discovers his inner beast.

Know what would help more? Not taking dumb penalties every 4 minutes. Maybe if you give your average goalie a shot, things aren't too bad.

Reactions: pmwlker

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Why would you be content with average goaltending?

I'm not content with average goaltending. But even excellent goaltenders are likely to falter when your PK cant shut anything down. You can win with average goaltending. You cant win with poor coaching and sloppy penalties.

Reactions: pmwlker

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
Pass. We are not a goalie away from contending. Stick to the plan and groom Hart/Sandstrom. Defense and bottom six still need revamping. Not to mention the cost from the Caps to acquire.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Can we just let this die, it's just a bad idea and we aren't biting.
phlocky buddy, my condolences
just as a show of understanding I agree with you...as a general rule it rarely pays to help a major competitor already better than you solve their problems in the name of getting marginally better

its like shooting your foot off to rid yourself of a hangnail

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->