Recalled/Assigned: Holmberg recalled

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
What does McMann have to do these days to get a callup? I got nothing against Holmberg, but with Keefe finally committing to Domi at 3C, Holmberg has no place in this lineup at the moment other than on the 4th line if/when Keefe decides to sit Reaves, but for a 4th line wing role I'd rather see a McMann callup, he can PK unlike Holmberg and plays a much more physical game than him.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
Why not go 11F - 7D vs VAN?

KLING is the poster boy for 11-7.
Play him if you are down, sit him if you are up.
I would actually prefer this (assuming Reaves is the one who sits in your scenario) over sitting Klingberg. They both deserve to sit, might as well sit the one who has no possibility of role utility first (at least Klingberg can run PP2 as the 7D while Liljegren is out).

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
What does McMann have to do these days to get a callup? I got nothing against Holmberg, but with Keefe finally committing to Domi at 3C, Holmberg has no place in this lineup at the moment other than on the 4th line if/when Keefe decides to sit Reaves, but for a 4th line wing role I'd rather see a McMann callup, he can PK unlike Holmberg and plays a much more physical game than him.
I am a McMann fan too but after a great 1st game he is 0G 0A in 5 games -4

Maybe he is not fully healthy, or just not playing well.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I am a McMann fan too but after a great 1st game he is 0G 0A in 5 games -4

Maybe he is not fully healthy, or just not playing well.

He was injured and missed time. He's been back for four games now. He seems to have a chronic knee issue.... which doesn't look good for his future. I wouldn't count on him in the future.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Should definitely play in the lineup over Reaves. Gregor - Kampf - Holmberg should be a solid 4th line that’s defensively responsible and provide some energy.

Reactions: acrobaticgoalie

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
Good. Called for him up forever.

He never played himself off of the club, that's for sure.

We need dependable, basic hockey players with a simple game and he's one.

Now about 10 more to go.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
If we swap him for Reaves fine, otherwise he does nothing. Not any better than the other 11 forwards

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
At this point if nothing happens when he's on the ice, it's a win.
if Reaves is out I’m fine with it because I think a fourth line of Gregor-kampf-holmberg might actually do nothing like you said. If Reaves is on that RW you could put anyone on the line and it won’t work. He can’t play the style we need from the fourth line. f*** he can’t play any style.

It all depends on if keefe is allowed to take out Reaves, which he should

Reactions: thinkblue

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad