Confirmed with Link: Holland signed to 2-year extension

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think ideally we need a new guy at the helm, but it is what it is. Keep stockpiling us some picks and then take the Seattle job and be close to home. I’ll live with that.

In the mean time... Go Vikings :)

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I think ideally we need a new guy at the helm, but it is what it is. Keep stockpiling us some picks and then take the Seattle job and be close to home. I’ll live with that.

In the mean time... Go Vikings :)

Lots of picks in this draft, I think this is going to be huge for Holland to show if he's the right guy or not. People can preach patience all they want, but Holland has these 2 years and needs to show something.

A II R

Jun 2, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Dim Filipovic Tweet:

Ken Holland’s deal runs through 2019-2020.. at which point the Detroit Red Wings will still have ~$30M in cap space tied up in Frans Nielsen, Justin Abdelkader, Darren Helm, Luke Glendening, Stephen Weiss, Danny DeKeyser, Jonathan Ericsson, and Trevor Daley.

A II R

Jun 2, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Lots of picks in this draft, I think this is going to be huge for Holland to show if he's the right guy or not. People can preach patience all they want, but Holland has these 2 years and needs to show something.
People want to see some accountability from this franchise. We're in the mess we're in because of him. He shouldn't get a do-over just because of past successes.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
This one bothers me a lot.

I posted this in the other thread before it was locked, but I am split on this. I dont like Blashill as a coach, but bringing in another guy for next season that will bring us up 4 places in the standings will only hurt us. It may not be a bad move, unless we see a complete overhaul of our roster (ie. if w signed JT and got Dahlin) this off season which I highly doubt would happen.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
If Kenny has really turned a corner:

Draft for skill.
No more NTC-laden, long-term deals for veterans.
Show some priority for things like puck moving defensemen and puck possession forwards.
If a kid gets called up, give him more than token ice time on the 4th line.
Let the Tatar deal be the first of multiple roster players unloaded, either in the summer or at the deadline.
Don't collect ho-hum guys just to say you reached the salary cap. Spend smartly.
No shortcuts. This is a long rebuild.

I wish him well. I'm not optimistic, but I wish him well.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I posted this in the other thread before it was locked, but I am split on this. I dont like Blashill as a coach, but bringing in another guy for next season that will bring us up 4 places in the standings will only hurt us. It may not be a bad move, unless we see a complete overhaul of our roster (ie. if w signed JT and got Dahlin) this off season which I highly doubt would happen.

I get what you're saying, but Blashill makes this team almost unwatchable.

And if by some chance we did get JT and Dahlin, I don't want Blashill anywhere near them.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
I get what you're saying, but Blashill makes this team almost unwatchable.

And if by some chance we did get JT and Dahlin, I don't want Blashill anywhere near them.

100% on the bold.

I'm back and forth to be honest, I dont know what I want lol.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
If Kenny has really turned a corner:

Draft for skill.
No more NTC-laden, long-term deals for veterans.
Show some priority for things like puck moving defensemen and puck possession forwards.
Let the Tatar deal be the first of multiple roster players unloaded, either in the summer or at the deadline.
Don't collect ho-hum guys just to say you reached the salary cap. Spend smartly.
No shortcuts. This is a long rebuild.

I wish him well. I'm not optimistic, but I wish him well.

I agree with most of this. I dont mind NTC's, but I think it should only apply to elite or high end players. Abby, Helm, Neilsen etc. should not have them.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
This is the coach's decision and Holland has always been against calling kids up just to get spare change minutes on the 4th line.

Everything else I agree with at least to some extent.

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
I guess it's true, you can't fix stupid.
Hope Chris is rewarded accordingly, by staring at an empty LCA for 2 years.

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
No[oooppoooooooooo
Nooooooooo

Noooooooo

Ah o well. You he good at one thing, we will continue to suck.

Hopefully we can get the next Crosby, Malkin, and letang combo in the next couple years.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
I guess it's true, you can't fix stupid.
Hope Chris is rewarded accordingly, by staring at an empty LCA for 2 years.

I told you weeks ago this was happening, this should not be a shock at all.
Hopefully they just land Dahlin, it really would be a game changer.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Holland has never fired a coach, if Blashill leaves it'll be a mutual thing. Holland is too loyal.

He’s replaced one with a better one. Has he really ever had a guy worth firing til now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->