Holik thinks Bettman has won already

Status
Not open for further replies.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
shveik said:
Wait, I thought the last CBA was to compensate for the one before that, that was very unfair to the players. Shouldn't we call it even *now* and get a CBA fair to both parties?

Look, if you are fine with waiting longer to get a deal done that will leave one side unhappy, what can I do. :dunno: I am quite fine with waiting as long as they can reach a deal acceptable to both parties, but I really do not like the concept of going back and forth and losing a season or two every time the CBA is up.

Season is already dead, so long as they get it done before september I'll be happy.

Munchausen

shveik said:
Wait, I thought the last CBA was to compensate for the one before that, that was very unfair to the players. Shouldn't we call it even *now* and get a CBA fair to both parties?

I'm all for getting a fair deal for both parties. But until the NHL stops losing money, if they indeed do lose money, they don't have their fair deal. The fair deal for the players is the most they can get out of a system where the owners don't lose money. Apparently, we're not even there yet with all the PA's concessions. I don't want greedy billionaires exploiting the players ever again, but they have the right to make money out of their businesses, it should be obvious to anyone.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Holik give me a break, the NHL gave up on linkage, thats why the PA gave up on the salary cap.

Funny thing is now the season is cancelled and they are in unchartered territory the NHL will once again insist on linkage (up and down).

Idiot players should have taken the 42.5m offer, there going to live to regret it
:lol:

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
shveik said:
3. If the conditions are too tight, we might see a strike *before* the new CBA is up. And the mess will continue.

Um, dude, you can't strike while a CBA is in effect, so don't worry about this. But a horrid deal from the players' perspective would virtually guarantee a strike and another work stoppage once the new CBA does expire.

sickboy35

Jun 4, 2002
trenton
Visit site
RedSoxNation said:
Geez the guy who is at the core of what's wrong with the NHL wants to wave his $9 million flag. What a loser, the Rangers deserve this guy :banghead:

poster child? i seem to remember two other clubs offering almost the same amount of money to him! go figure a boston fan bashing a ny team? who whadda thunk it!
take your 24 posts and head back to the espn board!

kremlin

Oct 11, 2003
Visit site
To be honest Holik, the PA and NHL have never been farther apart. PA is still at 49 million cap, while the NHL now has a cancelled season and no Stanley Cup winner and dropping revenues. Hence, I fully expect the NHL's cap number to be somewhere around 35 million max. Now, try to bridge 14 million ;)

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
kremlin said:
To be honest Holik, the PA and NHL have never been farther apart. PA is still at 49 million cap, while the NHL now has a cancelled season and no Stanley Cup winner and dropping revenues. Hence, I fully expect the NHL's cap number to be somewhere around 35 million max. Now, try to bridge 14 million ;)

NOt only $35 mil but I'd guess it will be linked as well.

Jaysfanatic*

This is the first time, that I've heard something I like coming out of Bobby's mouth in a long time. Of course, I fully expect people to tell him to shut up again, like the Rangers did.

kremlin

Oct 11, 2003
Visit site
tantalum said:
NOt only $35 mil but I'd guess it will be linked as well.
I'm certain that any deal from here on will have linkage and a much lower cap number than the players hope for. Therefore, I don't think this will be resolved anytime soon. I think an impasse is the only real solution.

Also, I don't understand why the players wants a soft cap at 49 million (52 million hard cap), while the NBA is a much bigger sport and it has a cap at 43 million if I'm correct.

NYFAN

Jul 8, 2004
Long Island
kremlin said:
I'm certain that any deal from here on will have linkage and a much lower cap number than the players hope for. Therefore, I don't think this will be resolved anytime soon. I think an impasse is the only real solution.

Also, I don't understand why the players wants a soft cap at 49 million (52 million hard cap), while the NBA is a much bigger sport and it has a cap at 43 million if I'm correct.
43 million divided by 12! Big difference, but at least they have tv revenue!

NHLFanSince2020

What'd He Say?
Feb 22, 2003
Visit site
trahans99 said:
Holik give me a break, the NHL gave up on linkage, thats why the PA gave up on the salary cap.

Funny thing is now the season is cancelled and they are in unchartered territory the NHL will once again insist on linkage (up and down).

Idiot players should have taken the 42.5m offer, there going to live to regret it. :lol:
In the long run, a decent linkage % will be better for the players than an inflexible hard cap. Don't know why that's so hard to see. Wait I do know. It's doesn't work for the older guys with the huge contracts that have nothing to gain in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->