HOH Top 60 Wingers - Round 1 Voting Results (Aggregate List)

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
HOH Top 60 Wingers - Round 1 Voting Results
Wingers Aggregate.jpg

This list is the result from Round 1 of voting to generate a list of players for Round 2. It is not the final result.​

Definitions
# of Lists: The number of top 80 lists (out of 24 total lists) on which the player was listed.
Highest: The highest ranking any individual voter gave a player
Lowest: The lowest ranking any individual voter gave a player while still listing him in that voter's top 80
Voting Points: The number of voting points the player received. 80 points for 1st, 79 points for 2nd, and so on down to 1 point for 80th.
Change: The change from the aggregate list to the final list

Note: seventieslord and Hawkey Town 18 administered the project. I am helping them with the information dump at the end.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Biggest Risers
Wingers Risers.jpg

Biggest Fallers
Wingers Fallers.jpg

• Cam Neely (54th) and Markus Naslund (60th) were the only players from the aggregate top 60 to not make the final top 60 list.
  • Paul Thompson (63rd) was the lowest ranked player from the aggregate list to make the final list, jumping over Bob Gainey (62nd).
  • Strangest vote spread on the aggregate list - Gordie Drillon, who was in the top 60 on 18 lists, absent from the top 80 entirely on 6 lists, and nothing in between.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Quick observations :

- Somebody had Richard 5th; that person didn't have Makarov 4th either. Which begs the question : which player that person had ahead of Richard (we can take for granted that Howe, Hull and Jagr were) ? Bossy or Lafleur? That's... unusual.
- In the aggregate, Bossy 6th surprises me a bit.
- Firsov being the highest-ranked player not being ranked by anyone is not a surprise, but Conacher being the second is a bit surprising, in a good way (considering Martinec is just a hair ahead). I expected that player to have been Martinec, Howe or Philipps. Good job folks.
- Speaking of Philipps, interested in hearing the rationale for having him 9th...
- I intially had Cam Neely WAY HIGHER than 42nd. Either I mistakenly sent a version with no Neely on, or I did the good thing of not putting Neely way too high when drunk-sending my list. Or there as been some dump mistake, because I had him 32nd... (Kids, never send your lists on vacation).
- Yakushev got some crazy split.
- I still don't know how to react to Paul Thompson being absent on nearly HALF the lists, a few months after learning that.
- Speaking of interesting : Jack Walker 20th?

- So.... the best never-availables, according to the aggregate list, were the following : Mike Gartner; Glenn Anderson; Claude Provost; Jack Walker; Woody Dumart; Ace Bailey; Daniel Sedin. Those players (and Armstrong, who was close enough...) could've been on the last ballot. Frankly, from that group, I would really only have considering Provost (...and I think I'm the one that had him 52nd).

Antoine "Tony" Gingras : Thanks Google, I had no clue about this guy.

Last edited:

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Quick observations :

- Somebody had Richard 5th; that person didn't have Makarov 4th either. Which begs the question : which player that person had ahead of Richard (we can take for granted that Howe, Hull and Jagr were) ? Bossy or Lafleur? That's... unusual.
- Firsov being the highest-ranked player not being ranked by anyone is not a surprise, but Conacher being the second is a bit surprising, in a good way (considering Martinec is just a hair ahead). I expected that player to have been Martinec, Howe or Philipps. Good job folks.
- Speaking of Philipps, interested in hearing the rationale for having him 9th...
- I intially had Cam Neely WAY HIGHER than 42nd. Either I mistakenly sent a version with no Neely on, or I did the good thing of not putting Neely way too high when drunk-sending my list. Or there as been some dump mistake, because I had him 32nd... (Kids, never send your lists on vacation).
- I still don't know how to react to Paul Thompson being absent on nearly HALF the lists, a few months after learning that.

Transcription error on my part - Neely's highest was 26th. Fixed now.

Last edited:

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Interesting that they ended up back to back in Round 1:

Makarov, Ovechkin, Kharlamov
Selänne and Kurri
Bure and Firsov
Kovalchuk and Krutov

Last edited:

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Interesting that they ended up back to back in Round 1:

Makarov, Ovechkin, Kharlamov
Selänne and Kurri
Bure and Firsov
Kovalchuk and Krutov

Another thing that seems pretty interesting/random - Dye, Shanahan, Goulet - 3 of the biggest fallers back to back.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Quick observations :

- So.... the best never-availables, according to the aggregate list, were the following : Mike Gartner; Glenn Anderson; Claude Provost; Jack Walker; Woody Dumart; Ace Bailey; Daniel Sedin. Those players (and Armstrong, who was close enough...) could've been on the last ballot. Frankly, from that group, I would really only have considering Provost (...and I think I'm the one that had him 52nd).

Antoine "Tony" Gingras : Thanks Google, I had no clue about this guy.

Paul Thompson is still a mystery to me. Like you said, nearly half the voters left him off yet he makes the top 60. Still looks very similar to Sid Smith, who got virtually no support.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Three voters really think Krutov was not one of the top 80 wingers?

Surprised to see Bure's worst ranking at 41.

Surprised to see Balderis on all 24 ballots.

Guess the Russians were surprising.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Three voters really think Krutov was not one of the top 80 wingers?

Surprised to see Bure's worst ranking at 41.

Surprised to see Balderis on all 24 ballots.

Guess the Russians were surprising.

I was one of them (and corrected afterwards), mainly on the basis of the numerous suspicions around him. Then I remembered it was only suspicions.

unknown33

Dec 8, 2009
Some REALLY weak modern players that I haven't even thought about including made it on mostly one list. Sometimes even comfortably. Zach Parise, Marian Gaborik and Todd Bertuzzi?

And I thought including Heatley at the very bottom would look odd.

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
Some REALLY weak modern players that I haven't even thought about including made it on mostly one list. Sometimes even comfortably. Zach Parise, Marian Gaborik and Todd Bertuzzi?

None of those 4 players never even became an after thought for me.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI

I figured Dany Heatley would fare better than he did. His lows are pretty bad, but his 7 and 10-year VsX weren't tanked by it to the extent one might expect.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
There were a few more errors in the "highest" and "lowest" columns that are now fixed after poster (not the actual player) Rob Scuderi sent me the correct info.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $8,851.00