HOH Top 60 Wingers - Round 1 Screening Procedure - No Rejected Lists

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
*Note that seventieslord and Hawkey Town 18 were project administrators. I am throwing something together based on my memories as a screener, since I think full disclosure is the key to the project's credibility*

Screening process

Project administrators sent all Top 80 lists for Round 1 of the project to a group of screeners for approval. In previous projects, the purpose of the screening process was to screen out lists that demonstrated insufficient knowledge or care, or that didn't match the intent of the project according to the consensus of participants. In the wingers project, the screening process focused more on catching players who were omitted from a list, while being present on the majority of other lists.

We had four screeners this time, all longtime HOH posters. Two of them participated as voters: reckoning, who has now been a screener for all four positional projects, and TheDevilMadeMe, who was an administrator for the previous three positional projects. Two of them did not participate as voters: Iain Fyffe, who was a screener during the defensemen project, and Dreakmur, a first-time screener who was a voter during the defensemen project.

The screeners did not know the identity of the list submitter. Their verdict was given solely on the contents of the list. Project administrators seventieslord and Hawkey Town 18 knew the identity of the submitters of the lists, and for that reason did not participate in the screening process.

We received lists from 24 posters in total. Many were asked about omitted players, and a few were sent back for duplicate names or the wrong number of names. In the end, all lists were accepted with no more than minor changes.

Screening Details

Screeners were given all 24 lists at once upon the conclusion of the submission period.

Several lists had the same player twice. A couple lists were not exactly 80 names long due to numbering errors. These were all corrected.

A few listmakers were questioned about unusual placements of players, and came back with either minor changes or a defense of their list(s).

23 lists were accepted unanimously, some after questioning, several with minor changes.

One list was accepted by a vote of 3-1, with 2 screeners expressing the opinion that we should accept all lists when the listmaker is willing to defend his list via PM, 1 screener wishing to reject because he believed that the listmaker showed that he did not share the same goals as the rest of the project, and 1 screener reluctantly voting to accept.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
*Note that seventieslord and Hawkey Town 18 were project administrators. I am throwing something together based on my memories as a screener, since I think full disclosure is the key to the project's credibility*

Screening process

Project administrators sent all Top 80 lists for Round 1 of the project to a group of screeners for approval. In previous projects, the purpose of the screening process was to screen out lists that demonstrated insufficient knowledge or care, or that didn't match the intent of the project according to the consensus of participants. In the wingers project, the screening process focused more on catching players who were omitted from a list, while being present on the majority of other lists.

We had four screeners this time, all longtime HOH posters. Two of them participated as voters: reckoning, who has now been a screener for all four positional projects, and TheDevilMadeMe, who was an administrator for the previous three positional projects. Two of them did not participate as voters: Iain Fyffe, who was a screener during the defensemen project, and Dreakmur, a first-time screener who was a voter during the defensemen project.

The screeners did not know the identity of the list submitter. Their verdict was given solely on the contents of the list. Project administrators seventieslord and Hawkey Town 18 knew the identity of the submitters of the lists, and for that reason did not participate in the screening process.

We received lists from 24 posters in total. Many were asked about omitted players, and a few were sent back for duplicate names or the wrong number of names. In the end, all lists were accepted with no more than minor changes.

Screening Details

Screeners were given all 24 lists at once upon the conclusion of the submission period.

Several lists had the same player twice. A couple lists were not exactly 80 names long due to numbering errors. These were all corrected.

A few listmakers were questioned about unusual placements of players, and came back with either minor changes or a defense of their list(s).

23 lists were accepted unanimously, some after questioning, several with minor changes.

One list was accepted by a vote of 3-1, with 2 screeners expressing the opinion that we should accept all lists when the listmaker is willing to defend his list via PM, 1 screener wishing to reject because he believed that the listmaker showed that he did not share the same goals as the rest of the project, and 1 screener reluctantly voting to accept.

That would have been my list, which I was the first to admit not the greatest, as ranking wingers was alot tougher than center and dmen.

That being said I would like to defend my original list and honest intentions about it...

what i will say is that my intention on the slit was to provide the best 80 wingers of all time in some subjective context and not adhere to any chronological or pre NHL quotas.

I won't comment as to how this differed or might be seen as not sharing the same goals as the rest of the project but really the difference between say Patrick Kane and Phillips or Firsov and Bure is that preference seems to be given to the guy coming chronologically first in obviously much weaker and smaller competitive areas and it's going to be a huge problem going forward on these lists in the future as a guy like Kane has higher hurdles to jump.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad