Vote 6 - Blake in 1st
Vote 9 - Goulet in 1st

Lower than anyone else

NONE

Last edited by a moderator:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'd really change my Conacher ranking and put him with the Ovechkin/Lindsay group. The last winger (looking at the list, not chronologically) to really be an outlier should've deserved a bit more appreciatiom.

Waaayyy too much love for Mahovlich, though that wouldn't represent a big drop, rankings-wise.

Regardless of what I said earlier in the thread dedicated to C58, I'm still a bit unsure about whether it was a good idea to switch Lafleur and Cook in Vote 2.

Jari Kurri ranking sponsored by Jim Beam. Or MacAllan.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I like: Your ranking of Herbie Lewis. Seems like not many voters ranked him, unfortunately.

I don't like: Your ranking of Bill Barber. And wow, at least two voters had him higher than 47?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I like: Your ranking of Herbie Lewis. Seems like not many voters ranked him, unfortunately.

I don't like: Your ranking of Bill Barber. And wow, at least two voters had him higher than 47?

I might have him a tad lower now, if only because of some 90ies and 00'/players being pushed up a bit (Fleury, Recchi, Hossa), but he'd still be in the same range with a Shutt/Martin slight drop.

This said, in a world where Paul Thompson appears on 13 lists, then Herbie Lewis appearing on only 4 lists (and Aurie on only 3) is par for the course.

I think Barber got shafted a bit, but that was indeed at least 15 spots too high regardless.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Seems like a solid list, quite surprised at how many players are in between St. Louis and Iginla.I had to compare them in some draft and it was very hard to do.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Seems like a solid list, quite surprised at how many players are in between St. Louis and Iginla.I had to compare them in some draft and it was very hard to do.

Put that on overrating a few players between them (namely, Bure and Bentley). In popular conscience, Iginla is also a wee bit overrated as well - physical play is sometimes lumped with defensive play, and Iginla is decidedly nothing special in the later.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Put that on overrating a few players between them (namely, Bure and Bentley). In popular conscience, Iginla is also a wee bit overrated as well - physical play is sometimes lumped with defensive play, and Iginla is decidedly nothing special in the later.

Though whatever Iginla did, it resulted in amazing on-ice goal differential numbers compared to his teammates.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Though whatever Iginla did, it resulted in amazing on-ice goal differential numbers compared to his teammates.

... Which could collectively be described as a revolving door of replacement-level top-6ers, if not replacements level NHLers. Except for a very select few seasons.

Being better than that should be a given for a Top-25 winger of all-time.

Yes, I said top-25 and I'll stand by this. I'll never call him a top-20 winger, however.

Edit : Unless he adds to his resume, which entirely possible, but not very likely.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad