Vote 11 - Balderis in 5th
Vote 13 - Martin in 1st

Lower than anyone else

Round 3 - Lindsay in 5th
Round 8 - Hextall not ranked

Last edited by a moderator:

thom

Mar 6, 2012
Devil=Question please How does some one rate a Russian playing in the old Communist era in the Soviet League-Yes many were great but what stats are legitimate since Red Army was stacked thanks

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Devil=Question please How does some one rate a Russian playing in the old Communist era in the Soviet League-Yes many were great but what stats are legitimate since Red Army was stacked thanks

Why are you asking me? This is Dennis Bonvie's list.

thom

Mar 6, 2012
Sorry=Okay Dennis how do you rate Russians who played in communist era,communist Soviet League.I respect the old Russian players but how do you know for sure they would be elite players playing in NHL-Thanks

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Sorry=Okay Dennis how do you rate Russians who played in communist era,communist Soviet League.I respect the old Russian players but how do you know for sure they would be elite players playing in NHL-Thanks

Other than Firsov, I saw them play. Firsov was by reputation, awards and hearesay.

I don't think they would have to be elite players in the NHL. None of the Green Unit became elite NHL players, yet they were able to easily handle NHL all-stars when playing for the Soviet Union.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Solid list, I'm only really wondering what justification there could be for having Naslund so far ahead of Sedin.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Very predictable list and voting record. Quite a few disagreements, but nothing that screams wtf.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Actually, one LITTLE surprise. Considering peak emphasis by DB, Conacher 17th is definitely low, but DB was DB again in round 2, and Conacher went in the high-tens.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Solid list, I'm only really wondering what justification there could be for having Naslund so far ahead of Sedin.

Not sure there is one.

I'd call that a miscalculation on my part. Though I think I may have a negative bias against the Sedins because they have always had the luxury of playing with the same guy (who's also really good) basically their whole lives.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
I'd call that a miscalculation on my part. Though I think I may have a negative bias against the Sedins because they have always had the luxury of playing with the same guy (who's also really good) basically their whole lives.

Yeah, it can be difficult to calculate their value as individuals. Not sure anyone has really nailed that down yet.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Maybe you guys are starting to slowly draw me away from my roots.

Actually, Conacher is a guy I'd rank differently myself after some research I made regarding Schriner and Thompson. Like, if it had to be done again, I'd strongly consider him with the Bossy/Lindsay/Ovechkin group (and he'd still have the peak advantage over them), instead of the Mahovlich/Geoffrion/Selanne/Bathgate group. We all learn something that makes us change our views, I guess.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Not sure there is one.

Actually, Henrik might be slightly overrated due to playing with Daniel, and Daniel might be slightly underrated due to playing with Henrik. That's my perception now, and I must say that I've been, for a long time, in the other camp.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Actually, Henrik might be slightly overrated due to playing with Daniel, and Daniel might be slightly underrated due to playing with Henrik. That's my perception now, and I must say that I've been, for a long time, in the other camp.

I think both are overrated due to eachother. why is one underrated?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I think both are overrated due to eachother. why is one underrated?

My perception is that Henrik is perceived as the better player, partly because the subtle aspects of performance are easier to notice on a C than on a W.

Most would consider Henrik the better player. As of now, I'm not quite sure of this (in other words, I see them as equals, and I think Henrik is widely considered the better player). That would make Henrik overrated and Daniel underrated.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
My perception is that Henrik is perceived as the better player, partly because the subtle aspects of performance are easier to notice on a C than on a W.

Most would consider Henrik the better player. As of now, I'm not quite sure of this (in other words, I see them as equals, and I think Henrik is widely considered the better player). That would make Henrik overrated and Daniel underrated.

I think if we're talking ATD, Daniel becomes an attractive pick, because of position, well before Henrik does, if that means anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad