Highest vote

NONE

Lowest vote

NONE

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
With Edler and Hardy openly stating that they voted Bure 1st, I guess this means that 3/4 of Bure's 1st place votes in the round he was added were by Canucks fans. This is FAR from the first time that a fanbase rallied around their player in one of these, and I'm sure it won't be the last, however.

The big gap between Bure and Schriner in Vote 7 does look strange to me, however.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
With Edler and Hardy openly stating that they voted Bure 1st, I guess this means that 3/4 of Bure's 1st place votes in the round he was added were by Canucks fans. This is FAR from the first time that a fanbase rallied around their player in one of these, and I'm sure it won't be the last, however.

The big gap between Bure and Schriner in Vote 7 does look strange to me, however.

You know or think of another occurence? (sorry if OT, as it doesn't really pertains to AOS's list; reply via PM if it feels more appropriate --).

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver

For the record, I'm more of a fan of hockey than an actual Canuck fanatic, although I grew up watching the team and rooting for them, and still am a "fan", I'm far from the "traditional fan."

I also doubt that ArtofSedinery or Edler placed any higher value on Bure because he was a onetime Canuck but they can confirm this if they wish.

Obviously the discussion was insufficient on Bure to really indicate why I voted for him right?:amazed:

Otherwise why would one float out why voters voted a certain way?

Killion

Feb 19, 2010

I guess it's bound to happen from time~time however...

For the record, I'm more of a fan of hockey than an actual Canuck fanatic, although I grew up watching the team and rooting for them, and still am a "fan", I'm far from the "traditional fan.".... I also doubt that ArtofSedinery or Edler placed any higher value on Bure because he was a onetime Canuck but they can confirm this if they wish.

In fairness & objectively having scoped out those rankings, I see no evidence of Fanboy Subjectivity TD. Bure placed about right, though if anything in my estimation maybe a bit lower than he should be. Debatable that some rank higher.... And sure, generally the case with serious students & historians of the game Hv. No problem separating Church from State so to speak. I grew up with the Leafs while they were winning Cups, have some very strange ideas apparently as to what comprises a good or complete hockey player. Such is life.

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
Dany Heatley is a too high, considering many of the names just above him, appearing below him and some off the top of my head not even mentioned.

unknown33

Dec 8, 2009
Initial list was well done, few players are off compared to the final list and no glaring omissions.

unknown33

Dec 8, 2009
I agree with you on most hockey matters but Heatley being on the list is just an odd choice
An ancient player with the same resume would have no problem making it.

We've seen Babe Dye and Cy Denneny getting the benefit of the doubt eventually while Kovalchuk got the biggest downgrade in the whole project.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
An ancient player with the same resume would have no problem making it.

We've seen Babe Dye and Cy Denneny getting the benefit of the doubt eventually while Kovalchuk got the biggest downgrade in the whole project.

I agree with this.

Perhaps certain players had the misfortune of having a bad real live time viewing perception and they might be looked at differently in time.

Guys currently still playing are always tough to rank historically in context.

unknown33

Dec 8, 2009
I agree with this.

Perhaps certain players had the misfortune of having a bad real live time viewing perception and they might be looked at differently in time.

Guys currently still playing are always tough to rank historically in context.
No, I highly doubt that.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
... I just don't see any problem with ranking Heatley...?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Guess I'm in the minority then.

It's not something I'd do myself, mind you, but Heatley at 65... I dunno, it's... perfectly defensible in the first stage of voting?? 40th would've been another story. And it's not AoS ranked Mike Hough or something

unknown33

Dec 8, 2009
Babe Dye got the second-biggest downgrade.
You are right of course.

I was thinking about how specific (vocal) poster(s) talked about those players and the non-equal treatment Kovalchuk recieved so it gave me a different impression.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010

You were pretty high on Elias though, weren't you? ;)

I also doubt that ArtofSedinery or Edler placed any higher value on Bure because he was a onetime Canuck but they can confirm this if they wish.

I became a fan of the team around the 92–93 season, when I was 11–12 years old, because of Bure. So, technically, I'm more of a Bure fan than a fan of the team. But then it kind of stuck, even when he left. And I never cared that much for the Panthers. I liked, and like, Trevor Linden a lot also, and Lumme. That team in the early 90s was likeable.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
It means you have no recorded votes for those rounds

I figured, but I definitely voted in each round.

As for Heatley, I tried to strictly look at the resume without looking at the name, and that' where he ended up considering his high VsX and goal scoring finishes compared those around him.

For the record, here is who I voted for in rounds 4 and 5.

Vote #4:

1. Andy Bathgate
2. Teemu Selanne
3. Frank Mahovlich
4. Dickie Moore
5. Cy Denneny
6. Brett Hull
7. Jari Kurri
8. Toe Blake
9. Boris Mikhailov
10. Aurele Joliat

Vote #5:

1. Dickie Moore
2. Cy Denneny
3. Aurele Joliat
4. Brett Hull
5. Toe Blake
6. Boris Mikhailov
7. Jarome Iginla
8. Jarri Kurri

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
If you're expecting me to have the highest or second highest vote for Elias, prepare to be disappointed.

Life often disappoints. I'll get over it.

I know a lot people will bash on my list though, but that's OK. I think I will be able to get over that too.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
You are right of course.

I was thinking about how specific (vocal) poster(s) talked about those players and the non-equal treatment Kovalchuk recieved so it gave me a different impression.

Maybe that poster saw Kovalchuk play and, not being 100 years old, never saw Dye or Denneny.

Dye might have won a couple scoring titles in his day too, not to mention dominating a Stanley Cup final.

Denneny was an even better score, for a great team, as well as being their enforcer.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00