Hockey's Future's Top 50 NHL Prospects, 41-50

Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchLeafsfan

Jun 3, 2002
Rotterdam, NL
www.gamer.nl
Coffey77 said:
Can't wait to see the entire list. Surprised to see that Detroit is mentioned that they have a lot of prospects on the list.

Willing to bet that a lot of posters will claim all the people who did the poll are Red Wing fans too.

Will be very interesting to see how they could be represented a lot, as was advertised. Grigorenko will have made the list, Hudler probably as well I guess... Beyond that Kronvall is a pretty good possibility. I cannot see Liv making the list though with prospects like Ouellet and Emery ranked in the 40-50 regions and him being only considered the third best goaltending prospect in Sweden behind Lundqvist and Tellqvist (who is no longer a prospect according to HF criteria though).

So that would leave the Wings with three, which is pretty good but not something which I would expect to garner special mentioning in an introductory article...

Quagmier

Feb 6, 2003
pics.rapecity.net
Flames Draft Watcher said:
Well part of the reason may be that one of the deepest drafts in the past 10-15 years was just added this year to the prospect list. You'd expect most of the guys that went in the 1st round in 2003 to be ahead of the majority of the 2002 and 2001 draftees.

Not saying that's the reason but it's a theory.

Yah that was my theory too.

I just find it wierd that a guy who is further along in his development, and has met all expectations thus far should loose his spot in the top 20 or 25 to some kids who are 2 or 3 years behind him.

But what am i really arguing here? :dunno:

#44_delivers

Dec 21, 2003
edmonton
Quagmier said:
Yah that was my theory too.

I just find it wierd that a guy who is further along in his development, and has met all expectations thus far should loose his spot in the top 20 or 25 to some kids who are 2 or 3 years behind him.

But what am i really arguing here? :dunno:
dont worry about it 90% of the players that are being looked at will never reach there potential yet 100% of there value and rank are based on potential.
these top 50's and other scouting reports are just a good read the only truth is time.
people shouldnt make a big deal of these rankings. they're almost never correct.
btw good read guys

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
stardog said:
Apparently if you projected him to be in the 41-50 range, it is understandable why he was left off. If he is susposed to be in that range then he may not be THAT great of a prospect. Also, if you are expecting him right around this area, maybe he was 51 or 52, which would be right near where you expect him. Anywhere within the margin of 10 should be sufficent when talking about picks 40-50 or so.

And who is to say that he isnt rated higher than that either? The list hasnt come out yet, so I would hold the comments until seeing the final list because just perhaps, he is on it?

Hoprfully Welch is on the list as well. i would think that those would be the two Pens (obviously Whitney will be up there).

Well, i'm not going to get in a twist over this anyways. I'm doubting where he is ranked by HF will do anything in his way of development anyways. I was just trying to give you guys a heads up when he comes out of nowhere to be a darkhorse calder candidate next season. :p

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Kryoptix said:
ouch it starts very bad for montreal :P
Perezhogin is right after Kastitsyn in my mind in terms of potential and he's ranked 46 ... well .. i wont complain .. im just in shock right now ... ;)

It's just a group of opinions, all you have to do is watch Alex for a few games and you can see he has a lot of skill and is a fun player to watch. :handclap: :yo: :rolly:

Coffey77

Mar 12, 2002
Visit site
DutchLeafsfan said:
Will be very interesting to see how they could be represented a lot, as was advertised. Grigorenko will have made the list, Hudler probably as well I guess... Beyond that Kronvall is a pretty good possibility. I cannot see Liv making the list though with prospects like Ouellet and Emery ranked in the 40-50 regions and him being only considered the third best goaltending prospect in Sweden behind Lundqvist and Tellqvist (who is no longer a prospect according to HF criteria though).

So that would leave the Wings with three, which is pretty good but not something which I would expect to garner special mentioning in an introductory article...

Yeah, that's pretty much who I think made the list. Grigorenko, Hudler and Kronwall. Hudler is nearly averaging a point a game as a 20 year old AHLer so I expect him there somewhere.
Maybe Jim Howard but it seems a lot of college goalies have absurd numbers. Liv, i'm not sure especially considering many other goalies have the same and/or better credientials.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Jacobv2 said:
That single act may have cost Binghampton a playoff seed.

Yep. I love Emery and I think he'll be a great goalie in the NHL, but he needs to keep his cool. This isn't an isolated incident either.

Phaze

Feb 27, 2002
ShadowFax said:
Im not going to start complaining since this is my first post. Just making an observation. Why is Derek Roy on the list when he has played 41 games this season? When other players are said to be graduated that have played far less? Just wondering...

Read the introductory article (the link is there) for the reasoning.

psuflyer

Feb 27, 2002
Drexel Hill,PA
Visit site
Caniacforever said:
Also, the reason he hasn't been hyped as much is because there aren't many Hurricanes fans here to do that for him. Here is Henrik Zetterberg's final SEL season:

2001-02 Timra IK SEL 48 10 22 32

Magnus Kahnberg:

2003-04 Vastra Frolunda SEL 50 33 16 49 20

It's just another case of being a Carolina prospect. :p
It may have something to do with him to being 24 and in his 4th or 5th year of elite league play.

Rectificator

Feb 18, 2004
X-SHARKIE said:
Good to see Bernier make the list....why he isnt on other top 50 lists like the hockey news confuses me.

Well, 1 spot lower make him out of this list...

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
Hossa said:
Yep. I love Emery and I think he'll be a great goalie in the NHL, but he needs to keep his cool. This isn't an isolated incident either.

Sounds like he's got a little bit of Ron Hextall in him. Hopefully age will mellow him a little.

Brownies

I live in Rimouski, so I've seen Pouliot play a lot of times and I think he's overrated. He's probably one of the most injury prone player i've ever seen. He's only been healty last year. It's hard to improve this way. When he played this year, he was good, but not better than last year wich is strange, because one year make a huge differance in the "Q".

4:20

Mar 23, 2002
B.C.
Visit site
I hope that in the subsequent updates to the list that the previous parts if the list are re-posted so that it is possible to see all of the rated players on one page.

In case that is not clear, what I am suggesting is that instead of posting players 31-40 next, it might be better to post 31-50 so that there is less need to jump around from page to page to see the assembled product.

Thanks.

Ken McKenna

Mar 1, 2002
www.hockeysfuture.com
4:20 said:
I hope that in the subsequent updates to the list that the previous parts if the list are re-posted so that it is possible to see all of the rated players on one page.

In case that is not clear, what I am suggesting is that instead of posting players 31-40 next, it might be better to post 31-50 so that there is less need to jump around from page to page to see the assembled product.

Thanks.
Once the entire list has been released, it will be posted in full at the page that has been set aside for the list (link at the top of the home page).

Z-Diddy

Mar 20, 2004
Uh... Brooklyn!
Me thinks that Oullette got the snub baised on the love that HF give to tenders. Plus the talent the caps have in the pipes throughout the system (The Bananna Stana). Now Emery seems more and more sexy each time good ol' Lalime lets in a softy. Most tenders are either due for the bottom 35-50 slots or are #1 ala Mr.Atlanta (Kari). So no one have a panic if your franchise tender is behind the guy who works at the Piggly Wiggly during the summer.

P.S. Props to the Pig Jiggly :bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad