Alexander Radulov
Travis Zajac
Wojtek Wolski

Robbie Schremp
Shea Weber
Patrick O'Sullivan
Andrej Pavelec (maybe...)
Mike Green (maybe...)

Just from a quick glance, I can see that you forgot Getzlaf. He is a lock to be in the top-25. I'm surprised Dustin Penner didn't make the top-50. :eek:

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
The most annoying comments that invariably occur in these threads is when someone says something like "so-and-so should on the list, he's a top 50 prospect". The reason this is annoying is that such a statement offers absolutely nothing. People treat "top 50 prospect" like it is simply sort sort of respect label. If you want to call someone that, argue why he's better than at least a few people on the list.

sammyp

Dec 2, 2005
Laguna Niguel, CA
The most annoying comments that invariably occur in these threads is when someone says something like "so-and-so should on the list, he's a top 50 prospect". The reason this is annoying is that such a statement offers absolutely nothing. People treat "top 50 prospect" like it is simply sort sort of respect label. If you want to call someone that, argue why he's better than at least a few people on the list.

I didn't bother going into depth just to see if people agreed or disagreed with me. If someone were to say "No, I don't think Penner belongs in the top-50," I would counter that with comparisons to players who I don't think belong in the top-50.

But, I guess I'll humor you.

-I don't think Frolik belongs on this list just yet. Let's actually see what he can do in the Q before he is ranked so high.
-Nilsson seems a little too high to me as well. I actually like his game -- just think he should be around 40-43 instead of 32.
-Olesz is too low for me. He should be around 25 IMO.

Other that that and Penner not making the top-50, I like this list. Good job HF!

Last edited:

Towelie*

I am kind of suprised Schneider wasn't in the top 50. I mean, he was Hobey Baker finalist, and considered the best in the NCAA. I guess HF doesn't put much stock in the NCAA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad